• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

champloo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Arden's Pursuit Ring sounds like the strongest B skill ever

It's like having an infinitely better Brash Assault, then combining it with Quick Riposte 5

Shito

Sigurd looks like a really amazing tank, and is the only one I'm tempted to go for here.

I think I need to hold off and stockpile orbs for more team enabling units though. He's more of a luxury. I still need stuff like Amelia and Hinoka.
Yeah, he seems like a Xander with better magic defense, but you would need to give him distant counter to fulfill this same role...still not sure if I want to go for him.

Lelou

Gonna save some orbs.
every not exclusive banner is a bait banner...
every not exclusive banner is a bait banner....
every not exclusive banner is a bait banner.....
every not exclusive banner is a bait banner......

0mpcNcc.png

Sigurd with +HP -Res
Tilltyu with +Def -Spd

They sure love giving me +Def mages

Edit: Pulled another Sigurd, +Spd -Res

NSESN

It is pretty funny how "bad" Tailtiu is compared to the rest. And she isn't really bad, she would be a top unit at start of the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Arden's Pursuit Ring sounds like the strongest B skill ever

It's like having an infinitely better Brash Assault, then combining it with Quick Riposte 5
Yep. Give him DC and only blue and maybe some red mages are able to win one vs one. Of course TA exists, but I think some lance units lose to him even with it.

Yeah, he seems like a Xander with better magic defense, but you would need to give him distant counter to fulfillthis same role...still not sure if I want to go for him.

He really needs DC to shine. But having exclusive B skill trainee boost still gives him an edge over Xander to me.
he should be a really fun unit for whales.

Alkez

It is pretty funny how "bad" Tailtiu is compared to the rest. And she isn't really bad, she would be a top unit at start of the game.

Yeah lol. Though I think she's a pretty good unit being Linde-lite. Being a 4* base (most likely) it'll be easier to obtain an optimal nature than it is with Linde. It's just as you say, she just doesn't really fit the power creep of this current banner, and the game in general atm.

Mupod

Been having good luck ever since my bad streak on Hero Fest 2 ended, neutral Sigurd as free pull. Game insists on giving me 5* swords constantly. Still, he should be pretty effective on a defense team and his kit will be incredible for Tempest Trial autobattle. Rest of the 20-pull didn't have much other than a Gunter to feed to Sigurd. Back to saving orbs.

Looking like my 4810 in AA won't keep me in the top 10,000 this week, doubt I'll have time to fix it either. Still, I'll need to retool my starter squad - it was Lucina, Clive, Hawkeye, and (-spd) Delthea before. They were a lot more effective than you might think considering I just threw together some units who could get as many points as possible. For example Lucina's spur res got Delthea just high enough to 1 shot BK, and Delthea's buffs let Clive take out Blyn in one hit.

I might put in Sharena and Anna in place of Clive and Hawkeye. They are worth a lot more due to having 16mt weapons and level 3 SI skills. Giving up Anna as one of my few good greens will suck a bit, maybe I can just bring out Hawkeye when I run into Nowi or something.

Clive has basically infinite SP (he was a bonus unit in a TT) and I've pulled tons of Gunter/Jagen lately so he was easy to set up as a filler unit for one of my arena assault cavalry squads. He'll probably be more valuable as a buff-bot.

I know some people just start off AA with the highest stats they can get but I'll need a few more good Rein/Blyn counters before I'm comfortable spending Hector+Nowi in round 1. I don't have time for trial and error, I do one run a week and that's usually it. New seals and Inigo certainly helped though.

Bovine

Neo Member
Nothing good for my free pull. Probably done with this banner, if Ayra was on it I would have kept pulling for sure, but I'm still interested in a potential Halloween banner.

Draxal

So yeah Genealogy Tempest was datamined.

Julia is very likely going to be the boss, Seliph is 100% going to be a 40% star unit. Plotline is a bit like the futurepast

there is usually a TT banner as well right? Second shot on the free pull since I'm 150 orbs deep trying to pull Olivia and no dice, any more orbs are still going there.

_Legacy_

Free pull was Deidre -DEF/+RES, I wanted Sigurd but there were no blues. It’s a shame you can’t spend an orb to reroll the colours at the start of a pull.

PK Gaming

But for what reason other than powercreep? Arya basically obseletes all other fast blademasters in the game currently, and both her and Sigurd has additional stat points for no reason. That's just breaking the rules that IS has set in place since the beginning.

Character's overshadowing others has been a thing since the very beginning of the game (Cordelia), and continually kept on since then. It doesn't bother me because you can still succeed with outclassed units in this game. And unlike other obnoxiously powerful characters, Arya is free.

If anything, it's likely that they'll go back and buff older units because of outclassed they currently are..

Draxal

Character's overshadowing others has been a thing since the very beginning of the game (Cordelia), and continually kept on since then. It doesn't bother me because you can still succeed with outclassed units in this game. And unlike other obnoxiously powerful characters, Arya is free.

If anything, it's likely that they'll go back and buff older units because of outclassed they currently are..

Tbh, what annoys me about this is that the weapon is broken more then the stat spread (which was the only thing broken about Cordelia).

Ayra has a busted spread a (maybe PRF) weapon that is better than any other legendary in the game.

lt519

Gonna skip this banner, between Xander, B!Roy and Eldigan and my 100 million infantry swords I don't really need Sigurd. He does have some nice looking skills to inherit though.

Shito

Julia is very likely going to be the boss, Seliph is 100% going to be a 40% star unit. Plotline is a bit like the futurepast
Hmmm, I'm ok with this,
that would mean I don't need to pull on this banner just for a 40%...

But for what reason other than powercreep? Arya basically obseletes all other fast blademasters in the game currently, and both her and Sigurd has additional stat points for no reason. That's just breaking the rules that IS has set in place since the beginning.
I don't get why people rant about "powercreep" so much in these kind of games: would you prefer we keep on pulling the same archetype units for years, just with different skins?
The game needs to evolve, and for that it needs slightly better units as time goes by.

Hmmm, I'm ok with this,

I don't get why people rant about "powercreep" so much in these kind of games: would you prefer we keep on pulling the same archetype units for years, just with different skins?
The game needs to evolve, and for that it needs slightly better units as time goes by.
I played FFXI for 10 years of side grades. It was awesome

PK Gaming

Tbh, what annoys me about this is that the weapon is broken more then the stat spread (which was the only thing broken about Cordelia).

Ayra has a busted spread a (maybe PRF) weapon that is better than any other legendary in the game.

Her weapon and special are pretty laughably overpowered, yes.

I'm just glad that she's a free unit. She's even excellent skill inheritance fodder as well, should you choose to sacrifice her.

I can't say I dislike her inclusion; if she were a banner unit, it would be another story entirely.

spiritfox

Hmmm, I'm ok with this,

Yes. Yes I do.

Sushen

I got Tailtiu in the first 40 some orbs. I knew if I get any, it's going to be her. Atk+/def-, so no complaining there. I'll wait a bit before pulling for more.

Draxal

Her weapon and special are pretty laughably overpowered, yes.

I'm just glad that she's a free unit. She's even excellent skill inheritance fodder as well, should you choose to sacrifice her.

I can't say I dislike her inclusion; if she were a banner unit, it would be another story entirely.

I love her getting a unique Astra skill cuz that is very thematic. her getting a raised bst and prf that is insanely good isn't.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Powercreep is necessary, Heroes was dropping hard in the grossing, and releasing units to be excited about brought it back up.

Sterok

Despite my dedication to not pulling this banner to stock up on orbs, I did a full summon anyway. Which got me +Spd/-HP Deirdre. Also Lucius. Seliph is safe to stay on the bench.

Shito

Powercreep is necessary, Heroes was dropping hard in the grossing, and releasing units to be excited about brought it back up.
Also, it's hard to be "mad" at the game for powercreeping when it gives you the new broken units like that! Can't believe Ayra is not on the banner, I would have pulled for her!

Draxal

I do think the art's becoming more solid.

While I'm not a fan of Kippu's Elincia (although Kippu's Ninian was solid).

There hasn't been a complete disaster like Lloyd or Rebecca in a while.

I think the last bad one I remember is Athena.

Sciel

Last of my orbs:

+Res/-HP (ugh the bane) Sigurd
+Def/-Speed Leo (!!!)

Overall relieved to finally get him. Never got Deidre or Tailtiu but i'll pass on them. This banner was quite painful for me, with a lot of unwanted Pity Breakers (Katarina, Merric (...) , Alm)

NSESN

Ayra weapon isn't any more broken than Urvan, Blazing Durandal, Amiti or Divine Tyrfing. I would say DC weapons are just as good too.
Her problem is the stupid special and trainee boost.
But even then I don't think she will be really problematic. She is neutral locked and melee infantry.
Sigurd is worse to me because of how good he synergies with BLyn and Reinhardt.

To buff old units IS can just rerelease them with better skills but can still merge woth the old versions.

There will be never be another Hero that I want to pull for. While I still have some time left this month, the damage has been done with my current pity rate. I'm not having problems with filling Arena Assault slots.

I'm not really concerned with powercreep like some of you are. I think many of the older Heroes are still very strong and worth building. Since the game refuses to give me Red mages, I'm really excited to 5* Arvis as soon as I get him.

I will continue to get heavy mileage from my roster, but the game will be unexciting until I get Orbs again.

Draxal

Ayra weapon isn't any more broken than Urvan, Blazing Durandal, Amiti or Divine Tyrfing. I would say DC weapons are just as good too.
Her problem is the stupid special and trainee boost.
But even then I don't think she will be really problematic. She is neutral locked and melee infantry.
Sigurd is worse to me because of how good he synergies with BLyn and Reinhardt.

All of those characters you listed are lord or lord equivalents in (Elincia's case).

Ayra getting a prf weapon means everybody and their mother can get a prf weapon, so I'm a bit frustrated by that.

NSESN

All of those characters you listed are lord or lord equivalents in (Elincia's case).

Ayra getting a prf weapon means everybody and their mother can get a prf weapon, so I'm a bit frustrated by that.
Oh I agree. BK was ok because he is the most popular villain in the series. But she having so much and Arden having a better version of QR that works in both phases is really annoying.
Even sigurd having trainee stats is annoying when BRoy didn't.

Semajer

Do you have a link for this? I don't remember any of the other TTs having their bonus units being datamined, but I've got a 4* version so I'm happy.

Rutger

Banned
I spent a lot more orbs that I originally felt like, but a +Spd/-Def Deirdre makes up for it.

I like that any unit can get unique weapons or skills that can't be inherited, it's going to be harder for many non-lords to stand out as more and more characters are added without them. Many of the more interesting characters aren't lords so it would be a shame if they couldn't get anything special.

Stat powercreep not needed though.

Pejo

I spent around 40 orbs that I had saved up since dancer banner. Got incredibly "lucky" I guess.

- Off banner Lucina
- Off banner Roy
- Off banner Neph
- +DEF/-RES Deirdre

The Lucina/Roy/Neph all came on the same series of 5 orbs. I had to back out to double check which banner I was pulling from.

Sigurd looks nice for tanking mages, and I do have a spare Distant Counter laying around, but I'm not sure he's offering that much over default Xander to use it on him. Did anyone do the math to see how he fares vs. BLyn and DB Rein?

Tailtiu, eh. I have better blue mages.

Top Bottom