• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So what's a solid Nowi build? I've got her at + speed and -res which is apparently pretty alright. I have the 20k feathers to get her upgraded. I also have fury 3 and Vantage on deck as well.

Screenshot_2017-05-17-23-05-37.png

This whole multiplier thing literally made me drop over 20k places compared to the previous two gauntlets. Wonder how a Merric->Leo->Robin player ranked.

Reeeeeeeeeeeally hope they overhaul it

spiritfox

The only way we can have interesting gauntlets is if they took into account popularity. All the gauntlets so far had one hero that clearly is more popular than the rest.

ggx2ac

This was from my last round in the voting gauntlet but it didn't count since it went past the closing time.

So often I kept fighting Azura in that gauntlet, it was a pain. I couldn't beat her normally in this situation so I kited her around the map.

That's a WoW term, just giving a hint if people haven't done it. Basically the map was to my advantage because I had a ranged attacker and the opponent can't counter.

So what I had to do was keep running around in circles on both sides of the map where I could hit her but she couldn't close in on me. It finished when I went behind the wall next to me, as in when I got the last hit on her and won.

ggx2ac

Now that I finished the sacred seals quests I can get back to leveling up 5* Sharena for when I need to use her for arena as a bonus hero.

Alucrid

Banned
...do i sacrifice a 5 star cain for wom azura and 4 star abel for swordbreaker eirika? only have one of each and it would be the first time sacrificing a 5 star...but at the same time they're not that great of units

ggx2ac

the most widely used one is TA + QR, which destroys all reds and most physical damage blues.

If it were me though I would pick Vantage.

After experiencing fighting an Ephraim with distant counter and Vantage, he really screwed over my perfect win streak in arena because I couldn't​ find a way to beat him.

So basically I would prefer characters that hit big and are slow to have vantage if they can counter at any range because they are so dangerous.

OVDRobo

Well, we've got Lucina, Camilla and Tharja out of the way now. So long as the next voting gauntlet doesn't include Ike or maybe Lyn, we might actually get something without a blindingly obvious outcome next time.

I sure hope IS isn't taking the results of these gauntlets as feedback for the next Fire Emblem title otherwise we could be in for the worst game yet in terms of characters.

Didn't like the 3x multiplier all that much. Every time it followed the same pattern of swinging the lead backwards and forwards for the first few hours before plateauing as people ran out of flags. Essentially, if you weren't there at the start of the round where the 3x bonus kept switching sides, it became hard to get a decent score and you had to keep checking in every hour on the hour to see if your side got the 3x bonus yet. It also didn't really alter the results so much as just making sure it wasn't a one-sided stomp while screwing up the flag management and ranking systems and making things tough on people that can't check-in every hour (or half-hour in 3x periods).

Voting gauntlets kinda suck, actually.

yuraya

Is there a detailed online guide for the inherit skill system? I've got a ton of 5 and 4* lvl 40 characters. I haven't inherited skills for any of them. Just seems kind of overwhelming with the amount of skills and which should be be used for which type of character etc. Don't wont to screw anything up since it seems to permanently destroys the characters you take skills from.

vctor182

6dQGRStl.jpg

Finally managed to learn ignis, being +Def -Spd he gets doubled all the time and hits twice in his first match setting up his special and vantage for his second match.

Golnei

I sure hope IS isn't taking the results of these gauntlets as feedback for the next Fire Emblem title otherwise we could be in for the worst game yet in terms of characters.

I'm pretty sure Camilla and Tharja being popular wasn't an earth-shattering revelation for IS. They'll keep providing a range of character archetypes with an eye towards maintaining merchandisable visual appeal.

Roman

Is there a detailed online guide for the inherit skill system? I've got a ton of 5 and 4* lvl 40 characters. I haven't inherited skills for any of them. Just seems kind of overwhelming with the amount of skills and which should be be used for which type of character etc. Don't wont to screw anything up since it seems to permanently destroys the characters you take skills from.

There are recommended builds for most characters on sites like the FEH wiki or Gamepress.

Alternatively there is a link to our Discord server in the OP of this thread where we are always glad to help newcomers with building their teams.

Theosmeo

So what's a solid Nowi build? I've got her at + speed and -res which is apparently pretty alright. I have the 20k feathers to get her upgraded. I also have fury 3 and Vantage on deck as well.

With + speed fury puts her into a respectable doubling avoidance tier

BTW is there a reason for 5 orbs today?

lt519

Last Lunatic quest for Rite of Shadows was brutal. Ended up using a blessing of light :/ All the others just required a different mix of units/strategies than I normally run. This is basically the anti mage group of enemies.

Had beaten it previously with Kagero doing work, but breaking up their starting positions to debuff them almost always resulted in a dead unit.

lt519

Just pulled a neutral Genny from the free orbs. Are people moving Wrathful Staff to other characters? I don't have an Elise, but have 5* Maria (Never checked the IV) and Lachesis (+ATK/-RES). Anything worth doing with them? Lachesis attack is 45 but Maria's speed is out of this world tied in with Miracle could allow you to take a hard hit, not die and then counter.

Hmm research tends to indicate to maybe hold off for an Elise especially if I'm going for Pony Emblem (which I am, have Rein and Xander and another 20k feathers ready).

Ninferno

I'm fishing for her as well, got 10 orbs and very tempted to do a yolo pull. Do we get the 20 orb bonus tomorrow?

The announcement only states "near future" but not a specific date. If past experience is any indication, it probably won't be that soon. We might need to wait a few days, but it should at least come before the Celica banner ends.

ggx2ac

I saw the tweet about Lloyd being in the GHB tomorrow. Now I see what everyone was reacting about.

I'm fishing for her as well, got 10 orbs and very tempted to do a yolo pull. Do we get the 20 orb bonus tomorrow?

Don't know, they said "in the near future".

Mupod

oh yeah, I checked twitter to be sure, but the 20 orb payout from the last two gauntlets came 2 days after they ended. So we'll get it Friday I think?

...do i sacrifice a 5 star cain for wom azura and 4 star abel for swordbreaker eirika? only have one of each and it would be the first time sacrificing a 5 star...but at the same time they're not that great of units

Maybe wait till you get 4* Cain? He gets Wings of Mercy 3 at 4*. Granted, I am still waiting for one since Day 1.

I'm sure you must have a bunch of Fredericks to steal Wings of Mercy 2 (and New Moon if you need to build up to Moonbow etc.).

Mupod

I'm sketchy on giving up a 5* for skills that are available at 4. I've only used up one 5*, and that was an Odin I promoted just to give away his tome. I was going to get rid of this -atk Roy for TA3, but right after I pulled him he was an arena bonus character and I need to use him. So unless I have extras I'd rather keep them around.

There's also the event starting presumably next week, we have few details but we do know if a unit is lost then they can't be used again for the event. So I'd rather have a decent pile of characters to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom