• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

Please don't be the person who tries to save every flag for the last hour and then find out you can only spend 400 flags max.

Yeah, I've been burning my flags to try to avoid that. I'm gonna burn down to about 400, then wait until the last hour or two in the hopes that another 3x will show up.
I would say it's a conflict of interest as we burn down our flags the chance for another multiplier gets lower. Hmm.

Missed Ike. I'm through spending money on this game, man. Every time I do, I get literally nothing of any value. Feel like a fool for cracking and dropping real cash dollars into this game...

Got a decent team; Takumi, Hector, Azura, and Young Tiki. Was looking to round it out with one last S+ tier with Ike, but guess I'm hoarding orbs until he is a 5 Star Focus again, whenever that is...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have 600 flags left for team robin. Hoping for another 3x, but I'm finding that unlikely at this point, and will likely use them around 9pm tonight.

Currently Rank 13,685 with 398,270 points, and overall I'm 31,866 with 654,790 points.

Guess it is a good thing I wake up around 6 am edt because I think I have hit every 3x Robin has had this round outside of maybe one, so my flag hoarding has paid off. In the top 300 now with 785k this round and am rank 20,059 overall.

Sitting on the last 400 for hopefully one last 3x

Mupod

Waiting and praying for another triple. I don't think it'll happen though.

if it happens, it will be at the very last hour. I'm spending down to 400 and waiting for that, 11PM EST is when I usually get in a little training tower before bed anyways.

Guess it is a good thing I wake up around 6 am edt because I think I have hit every 3x Robin has had this round outside of maybe one, so my flag hoarding has paid off. In the top 300 now with 785k this round and am rank 20,059 overall.

Sitting on the last 400 for hopefully one last 3x

I thought I got them all but I must've missed one, unless you had a ton of flags from previous rounds. I spent everything from round 1 on Linde 3x and I used a little bit in Round 2. 609,100 with 600 flags left.

Sushen

Team Robin waiting for another 3x. 17k-th with 370k score in the team and over a million points at 7k-th overall.

BTW is it actually possible to hit 3 times for a multiplier if you start right from the beginning?

Ekid

Used my last 600 flags on team Robin since he won't have another x3 bonus and I'm going to sleep anyway.

Currently ranked #605 with 733k for the round and #762 with 1379k overall, I hope I will stay top 1000 in both but I doubt it.

Xetherion

4836! Used Xander, Ryoma, Hector, Nowi+1. Tier 18 here I come.

Going to keep singing the praises of TA+Renewal+Reciprocal Aid Xander. Especially in a team of DC units, he just swoops in and recharges someone that just took a big hit like Hector absorbing Reinhardt.

I prefer QR for his B skill, but i do want to put TA on him. Still have never pulled a Roy though.

I'm also considering putting a healing special like Sol on him. I don't think Noontime would heal for enough and Aether takes too long to charge, but Sol should fully charge when he gets attacked as long as the attacker doubles (attacker>Xander>attacker>Xander w/QR), allowing him to heal up during player phase.

But i'm running him in a horse emblem team w/ Elise, blade tome Cecilia, and Jagen (gonna be replaced with Reinhardt once i finish training him to max level), and with Hone and Goad buffs he'll be at 34 SPD, which means he won't get doubled so much.

Also not sure if a healing special is really needed since i'm running Elise.

I prefer QR for his B skill, but i do want to put TA on him. Still have never pulled a Roy though.

I'm also considering putting a healing special like Sol on him. I don't think Noontime would heal for enough and Aether takes too long to charge, but Sol should fully charge when he gets attacked as long as the attacker doubles (attacker>Xander>attacker>Xander w/QR), allowing him to heal up during player phase.

But i'm running him in a horse emblem team w/ Elise, blade tome Cecilia, and Jagen (gonna be replaced with Reinhardt once i finish training him to max level), and with Hone and Goad buffs he'll be at 34 SPD, which means he won't get doubled so much.

Also not sure if a healing special is really needed since i'm running Elise.

I like Renewal+Reciprocal Aid for him on that team because he is only there to battle greens and refuel the other units who are better than him at facing their opposite colors. I went with Fury+QR on my horse Emblem team that runs Wrathful Staff Elise.

Pejo

Gold Member
Got back up to 20'ish Orbs, did a 5x pull. There was a lot of shock on my face:

easpoPD.png

Celica's weapon seems really...strange? Like powerful for one hit then just ok. Are people using it or giving her a different tome?

Wish I had Mae before I leveled Bunny Lucina and then Reinhardt twice =/.

Wiseblade

Celica's weapon seems really...strange? Like powerful for one hit then just ok. Are people using it or giving her a different tome?

Wish I had Mae before I leveled Bunny Lucina and then Reinhardt twice =/.
Breath of Life, Ardent Sacrifice & Reciprocal Aid are all things. Celica is one half of a terrifying combo.

Pejo

Gold Member
Breath of Life, Ardent Sacrifice & Reciprocal Aid are all things. Celica is one half of a terrifying combo.

Good point. I gave her Renewal 3 from a spare Fae I had, she'll be ready to nuke every other turn if I protect her with movement skills.

Out of 4*s, which would you guys promote out of:

Ursula, Xander, Nowi, Zephiel, Cherche, Michalis or Klein.

I don't really need any certain type of unit, though I don't have a lot of flying units in general at 5*.

just rolled celica!!! neutral stats. what's the best builds for her? I was thinking renewal, and do ppl keep her A skill?

At a quick glance, I think her A-slot is fine. Reducing damage she takes from ranged targets reduces downtime from fighting said targets. You'll have to play with her a bit to see the damage she takes in your average fight, but I think you're looking for sub-20 which can be covered by a Renewal proc and Ardent Sacrifice. Any more, and you'll need to use Reciprocal Aid or a healer to get Ragnarok up again in a reasonable amount of time. If it reaches that point, maybe you'll want to use Life and Death instead.

Good point. I gave her Renewal 3 from a spare Fae I had, she'll be ready to nuke every other turn if I protect her with movement skills.

Out of 4*s, which would you guys promote out of:

Ursula, Xander, Nowi, Zephiel, Cherche, Michalis or Klein.

I don't really need any certain type of unit, though I don't have a lot of flying units in general at 5*.

Well, until some major power creep comes along, you can't really go wrong with more 5* cavalry.

Speaking of it though, I wonder when Hone Dragon'll come...?

tsundoku

poking my head into this thread is insane

i just play this game to pass the time at work
i roll with the free orbs
i level people i get from grand hero battles and 3* rolls up to level 20
i send home every duplicate i get and didn't even know there were IVs

at one point i built an arena team of azama, my highest level lance flyer (est), nino and gordin in an attempt to cover most enemy team compositions i could cover.

and those are my only units appreciably above like level 25, they got to level 40 and i use them to get some amount of feathers from the arena each week

although that rebalance of the feather distribution hit right as i was starting to enjoy getting 2k+ feathers per week and changing all my 3* into 4*. I have like 2 or 3 "bronzes" left right now

the buy to win mechanics are starting to piss me off and I don't know if there's a way i can deal with all the hector teams in the arena anymore without building up to like 40k feathers to turn my silver arena team gold and picking up a hector killer on the way back up to level 40, I can beat someone's 3 team members but then hector's distant counter will annihilate every unit i try to bait or plink him down with aside from a just hard high defense red sword character. of which mine are all around like level 22-27

can you rank up in the arena by making a "low level" team and fighting at those rankings? I tried it a few times and it seemed like it would put me against teams of units on average 5-10 levels higher

spiritfox

You must be really unlucky to get a Hector with that team. If you did all the GHBs then you should have Xander. He should be able to take care of Hector, especially if he's the only one left.

Gauntlets are pretty underwhelming IMO. Only the first one was any fun, due to the Chrom x Ephraim content.

As it stands right now, the top waifu will still always win (except perhaps versus Ike), and yet, in the grand scheme of things, whoever wins is basically meaningless. There's no real incentive to get involved, and having to constantly check in to remain competitive for feathers is tedious.

The 3x boost didn't change much either. I'd like to see the whole concept scrapped and replaced with more interesting events.

Bovine

Neo Member
Who would win the inevitable horse gauntlet? Xander would be ineligible.

I'd laugh so hard if we had a healer gauntlet of all healers, Wrys might win because of dumb memes. Would never happen as nobody would touch those banners.

kswiston

I'd laugh so hard if we had a healer gauntlet of all healers, Wrys might win because of dumb memes. Would never happen as nobody would touch those banners.

Wouldn't Reinhardt win for horses? If grand battle heroes are not eligible, who else would compete?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wouldn't Reinhardt win for horses? If grand battle heroes are not eligible, who else would compete?

Eliwood would have a good shot.

I find it a bit sad that Eliwood isn't even in the 5* hero pool. Dudes the main character of the first English Fire Emblem game!

sense

Noticed one of my friends had a 5* zephiel with distant counter and he has been absolutely dominating in my matchups in gauntlet. Wary fighter seems to be a great skill along with his natural abilities and inheriting distant counter

suzu

Leo or Elise cuz of cinnamon roll status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom