• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jims

Wow, Boey is an amazingly easy character to power-level. Just make a triangle of power with the appropriate Hone/Fortify buffs and he just sits there, waiting for melee units to run into him pointlessly.

It's too bad his Resistance is so bad. He has kind of an offbeat skillset.

Nowi in the highest tier, and not Azura.

lol

Nowi is a big pain in the ass if you don't have a good answer for her. Fortunately I have Julia who completely blows her up. Effie isn't even a factor anymore.. Early on the game seemed to be a lot more red biased so she was a lot more threatening.

Westlo

Finally got Hinoka, Flier Emblem project lets go!

+res and -spd... could've been worse I guess....

Also got a 5 star Kagero on Rite of Shadows Banner... I'm not pulling on that anymore with my pity counter back to zero..... thank fuck I didn't 5 star my 4 star Kagero....

oh ffs she's +spd and -att... my 4 star one is the exact opposite.

Got my perfect streak, and it is 4750! Looks like I will be moving to tier 17 after all.

That score is pretty much what I've been getting for a few weeks, and my matches range between 674 and 682. I don't try to maximize it. I know that when I use a full 5* team, I'll be at 4800.

Now, I have to do something about my defense team. Wings of Mercy Olivia seems to have helped in previous seasons, but I never had anything that was truly reliable. Some of my stronger units still haven't been decked out with the right skills. It will just take more time.

Also, it seems that the ranking updates are now instantaneous? It used to be every hour, but I guess it's been changed.

ggx2ac

I already got a good score for Arena, but still trying matches.

Most bullshit I fought was over the lava stage and the opponent had Leo, Reinhardt, Cecilia and Xander.

All 5* etc, ridiculously difficult, couldn't win.

Theosmeo

Nowi in the highest tier, and not Azura.

lol

Nowi is the most versatile unit in the game with inheritance. and will complement any team well. she has great stats in every category and is strong against many meta threats. Her only real threats are + speed lucina, brave cherche, and julia with naga, everything else she can deal with if she's buffed

Ninferno

Ever since SoV came out my Heroes playtime took a big hit and I mostly only play arena so that at least the the dueling swords don't go to waste. I was sitting at 5/7 yesterday but got matched with 2 cavalry leads and 1 filer lead... Fortunately, I'm disciplined enough to give up all the 3 dueling swords and act like nothing happened. Nope, not going to take my chances, especially when I'm 5/7. And that self-restraint has certainly paid off.

Today I met a Eirika lead team and a Ryoma lead team, both worth 690 points. Not the highest I can get, but certainly above average. That Eirika team has Olwen and Xander, both with Hone/Fortify Cavalry. So as carefully as one can be, no one can fully escape some Horse Emblem lol. The last member is Nino as expected, because of Eirika. That's two mages, including one on horse; you just know how insanely merged these guys are. Fortunately, my Nino survives Dire Thunder with 2 HP left (with HP+3 seal), and oneshot Olwen in retaliation (she has to oneshot her because that Olwen has 40+ speed after buff...). After that scary shit things become pretty standard, Ike tanked and killed enemy Nino and Nowi ate Xander and Eirika for lunch.
4822_zps3lz7cuen.png

Fingers crossed if I will be able to join T18 though. Anyway, I'm OK with it either way. Even if I got barely promoted to T18, I probably won't be able to keep up with the insane competition there and will get kicked back to T17 the week after. That's just a difference of 1 orb which I can live without; I spent the 20 voting gauntlet orbs today on both of my accounts for Celica only to get more Sophias and Laslows, my pity counters' reached 4% and 4.25% respectively. If the hundreds of orbs I spent isn't enough to get Celica, how will that one orb be? [Sigh] Anyway, hopefully with more people joining T18 in the future we F2P can sustain ourselves in the 4-orb tiers.

Well, that's FE:H for me this week, back to SoV I go.

That feeling when you are about to beat your high score and run the calculations on a Hone Calvary buffed and merged Reinhardt and hit end turn and your Hector dies. I try to find what went wrong and Xander still had Hone Calvary equipped from being on my defense team instead of Fortify Res which would have let Hector survive.

Boo, looks like my current score will still get me to tier 18.

Also any tier list that doesn't have Reinhardt at the top is crazy. Lot of other things I could split hairs over, but Reinhardt is very clearly top tier. He certainly is more of a threat than Effie and Ike.

Roman

Also any tier list that doesn't have Reinhardt at the top is crazy. Lot of other things I could split hairs over, but Reinhardt is very clearly top tier. He certainly is more of a threat than Effie and Ike.

I'm glad there is a lot of disagreement in the Reddit thread on the same placements I have issues with. The reasons for not putting Reinhardt on the same level as Effie and Nowi are shaky at best.

I severely disagree with Effie, Nowi and Ike being that high, despite having used merged versions of the former two. In addition they have the cavalry and flier threats in Tier 3 with units like Chrom, even though team composition matters for the list (and they want to make a separate tier list for those for some reason).

The one big positive I can see on this list is them finally realizing they had underestimated Sophia. Apparently there are even internal talks of putting her in Tier 3.

Ninferno

T17 currently has about 9000 people, 50% or 4500 of them will get to T18 next week. From T18, 40% will get to T19 while the rest 60% will get sent back to T17. In other words, if you are within 4500 but outside of 1800 this week, you are in for some up-and-down roller coaster rides! lol

Weird they don't even mention Wrathful Staff for Elise and others. Was surprised to see they had her in the bottom. Elise with Wrathful staff and in a pony team is really really good. 120+ wins 0 losses as well against a neutral field.

Lukas in his rightful spot though, right Roman? :p

Sushen

Nowi is one of those characters that when I face her, she can be a headache whereas when I use her, she barely does any. Probably, spd- nature or I don't use her right.

Roman

Weird they don't even mention Wrathful Staff for Elise and others. Was surprised to see they had her in the bottom. Elise with Wrathful staff and in a pony team is really really good. 120+ wins 0 losses as well against a neutral field.

Lukas in his rightful spot though, right Roman? :p

They do have a note on a forthcoming healer overhaul:

Healer tier list overhaul: Healer meta has arrived! Wrathful staff has made healers the only source of magic colourless damage, and some of them can be very viable. Overall, it means we’ll need to re-evaluate every healer with this new role in mind. Expect to see some healers shift tiers in the next update.

Gamepedia has Lukas approximately a tier lower. I don't agree with him being on the same level as Cordelia at all.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Rein gets no respect! The one thing I will say about rein is that he's terrible on enemy phase and can be easily baited on your turn. Dude just always runs ahead and dies. He works better in a full horse emblem team so he's not running off solo as much.

A freakin team of Flyer Emblem with the like of Bunny Camilla +5 and Hinoka +5 should not be only 696 points. On the lava map they don't even really split until they are too close. Bye streak, should have left when I saw a flyer, forgot we had lava map right now. That kind of arena matchup/map/points is bullshit of the highest level. Thanks for matching me against a big whale on the worst map.

Rein gets no respect! The one thing I will say about rein is that he's terrible on enemy phase and can be easily baited on your turn. Dude just always runs ahead and dies. He works better in a full horse emblem team so he's not running off solo as much.

But most of these lists are coming from the perspective of player controlled not AI controlled. You can also put Blue Tomebreaker or another breaker skill on his B slot to avoid a double from that type on enemy phase. But so long as you have movement skills like draw back, reposition, or even deadlier dance he can avoid getting touched at all in a match.

Sushen

I think there should be a list for you to use and for defense. Some are designed to be a headache to play against as AI controlled whereas some are simply an erase button for you to use.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
But most of these lists are coming from the perspective of player controlled not AI controlled. You can also put Blue Tomebreaker or another breaker skill on his B slot to avoid a double from that type on enemy phase. But so long as you have movement skills like draw back, reposition, or even deadlier dance he can avoid getting touched at all in a match.

Hey if they want to put him in tier 1 I would not complain. I'm just saying that when facing him, he's a bit overrated when it comes to dealing with him.

And when it comes to player controlled, he doesn't fit in with my play style. I like to bait enemies into attacking, as I feel that is the safer approach.

OMG Aero

I thought I'd try pulling colourless on the Rite of Shadows focus with the aim of getting either Kagero or Genny and I got Kagero but she's -HP/+DEF.
Is that usable at all or should I just wait until I have more orbs and try getting a better one?

I thought I'd try pulling colourless on the Rite of Shadows focus with the aim of getting either Kagero or Genny and I got Kagero but she's -HP/+DEF.
Is that usable at all or should I just wait until I have more orbs and try getting a better one?

Meh... I have 4 Kagero 4* and none of them are +SPD or +ATK so I save my feathers for now. As long as she doesn't have boon in one of those 2 stats she can perform well enough at 5* but I only promote when I at least have best boon. If she's 5 stars I would level her up and maybe mildly invest in her and combine if you ever get a better one.

mjc

So if I wanna give Hector Vantage 3, do I have to share Vantage 3 from a character or can I just share Vantage 1 and Hector can level it up on his own?

Sushen

I just scored 4700 which is first 4700s in a couple weeks. I'm in tier 15 and don't want to jump to 17, which will be a close call with my score. Between Reinhardt and Cecilia, they just erase everything even from the wrong side of triangle. I haven't even put anything for A skill nor special for Cecilia, yet. I was a skeptic, but now a believer. Did I say she's also only 4*?

kswiston

yeah good list, I still think effie is a bit overrated though. I have her with perfect IVs and bravelance+ deathblow3 pivot and it just feels like a player phase unit needs more than one move

I'm surprised that I still see quite a few Effies on defense. She has a lot of bulk and attack strength, but I can zero-risk kill her with Kagero (+atk, Deathblow3, no real effort to buff beyond that) and Azura. I'm sure it would be even easier with Nino or another solid non-red mage.

Vena

I'm surprised that I still see quite a few Effies on defense. She has a lot of bulk and attack strength, but I can zero-risk kill her with Kagero (+atk, Deathblow3, no real effort to buff beyond that) and Azura. I'm sure it would be even easier with Nino or another solid non-red mage.

Reposition alone defeats all armors in this game. They are too slow to be viable on defense.

Armored units are ridiculously easy to defeat. But boy do I love using them myself. Because of their movement options they're so much better in the hands of a player rather than the AI

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Ever since SoV came out my Heroes playtime took a big hit and I mostly only play arena so that at least the the dueling swords don't go to waste. I was sitting at 5/7 yesterday but got matched with 2 cavalry leads and 1 filer lead... Fortunately, I'm disciplined enough to give up all the 3 dueling swords and act like nothing happened. Nope, not going to take my chances, especially when I'm 5/7. And that self-restraint has certainly paid off.

Today I met a Eirika lead team and a Ryoma lead team, both worth 690 points. Not the highest I can get, but certainly above average. That Eirika team has Olwen and Xander, both with Hone/Fortify Cavalry. So as carefully as one can be, no one can fully escape some Horse Emblem lol. The last member is Nino as expected, because of Eirika. That's two mages, including one on horse; you just know how insanely merged these guys are. Fortunately, my Nino survives Dire Thunder with 2 HP left (with HP+3 seal), and oneshot Olwen in retaliation (she has to oneshot her because that Olwen has 40+ speed after buff...). After that scary shit things become pretty standard, Ike tanked and killed enemy Nino and Nowi ate Xander and Eirika for lunch.

Fingers crossed if I will be able to join T18 though. Anyway, I'm OK with it either way. Even if I got barely promoted to T18, I probably won't be able to keep up with the insane competition there and will get kicked back to T17 the week after. That's just a difference of 1 orb which I can live without; I spent the 20 voting gauntlet orbs today on both of my accounts for Celica only to get more Sophias and Laslows, my pity counters' reached 4% and 4.25% respectively. If the hundreds of orbs I spent isn't enough to get Celica, how will that one orb be? [Sigh] Anyway, hopefully with more people joining T18 in the future we F2P can sustain ourselves in the 4-orb tiers.

Well, that's FE:H for me this week, back to SoV I go.
How's your Nowi setup?

I'm in tier 10 and I just maxed a +SPD, -RES Nowi with Fury 3, Swordbreaker 3, Moonbow, Threaten Res 3 and she seems alright. Nothing super OP. Ike, Hector, and Kagero are all super amazing. I tried swapping Ninian for Nowi, but my team was just way less flexible.

Looking at it Celica seems kind of underwhelming. With her weapon effect active she gets boosted to (assuming neutral) to 51 Atk/38 Spd which is more less what the average Linde runs around. The difference being that Celica has better defenses but Linde keeps that offensive power turn you turn.

I'd say she almost isn't worth running if you can't keep the effect up. Even with renewal you're talking about being able to attack every other turn at full power and that's only if you hit stuff that can't counter or counter for less than 5 damage. If she doesn't have Ragnarok up you've got a Tharja without any buffs.

Sushen

A question for those who have both Julia and Nino. Which one do you tend to use more and why? I'm working on both and I have only one fury to give.

Roman

Looking at it Celica seems kind of underwhelming. With her weapon effect active she gets boosted to (assuming neutral) to 51 Atk/38 Spd which is more less what the average Linde runs around. The difference being that Celica has better defenses but Linde keeps that offensive power turn you turn.

I'd say she almost isn't worth running if you can't keep the effect up. Even with renewal you're talking about being able to attack every other turn at full power and that's only if you hit stuff that can't counter or counter for less than 5 damage. If she doesn't have Ragnarok up you've got a Tharja without any buffs.

Which is why I would rather recommend a fully offensive build with Fury. After one initiation she gets herself into Desperation range without any outside factors.

Nobody else can do this, and the calculator gives out amazing numbers on this initial attack, even with neutral nature and no seals.

A question for those who have both Julia and Nino. Which one do you tend to use more and why? I'm working on both and I have only one fury to give.

Do you want a blade tome team? Julia is pretty self sufficient and practically invalidates the threatening blues mages and blows up Nowi for free. I'd argue the Fury goes further on Julia because it pushes her speed closer to 30 getting her out of the doubled by everyone range. If you can give her a speed buff, even better.

Do you have a team and looking to fill an extra slot or are you wanting to make a new team? The answer depends on which of it is.

Which is why I would rather recommend a fully offensive build with Fury. After one initiation she gets herself into Desperation range without any outside factors.

Nobody else can do this, and the calculator gives out amazing numbers on this initial attack, even with neutral nature and no seals.

Yeah you can do some crazy stuff with the initial attack but in desperation mode she kind of stinks with that speed. The upkeep for Ragnarok is too much. The wording for the weapon isn't very clear either. It reads like you won't take 5 damage when counter attacking but you take 5 damage either way.

I use Nino more often because even though Julia has more power and RES to kill other mages, Nino has more spd and is almost always able to double attack.

Sushen

Do you want a blade tome team? Julia is pretty self sufficient and practically invalidates the threatening blues mages and blows up Nowi for free. I'd argue the Fury goes further on Julia because it pushes her speed closer to 30 getting her out of the doubled by everyone range. If you can give her a speed buff, even better.

Do you have a team and looking to fill an extra slot or are you wanting to make a new team? The answer depends on which of it is.
I like the aspect of self sufficient mage. I'm also working on Nino + Linde buffed team, although making my atk- Linde will take a significant work including promoting Odin to 5* to overcome the banes. BTW are you suggesting Darting blow for Julia?

My only iffie part of Fury Julia is, won't it make her more vulnerable due to 6hp hit she's going to take and hurt the longevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom