• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bovine

Neo Member
I have pulled so many fliers I might try to work a Flier Emblem team now that I have Hinoka.
Also still working on a buffer team with Nino. What i really need is like 100k feathers so I can actually build these teams.

No one has answered my question about Rebecca. I see strong potential in both archers that I mentioned. Setsuna's really expensive, so I'm leaning a bit more towards Rebecca. A Brave Bow+ build is the most appealing for the latter.

I do think that Rebecca would possibly be my best Swift Sparrow 2 candidate, because I really don't know what I should do with my spare Bunny Lucina.

I don't actually adhere as much to the tier list as people think.

Scum

With Nino's speed, she'll double many, so draconic aura sounds good too. Could you mind explain why moonbow?

Gronnblade+ slows down the Special trigger. So Moonbow goes from 2 to 3, but Draconic Aura goes from 3 to 4, so my Nino will probably never get a chance to use it or use it very rarely. Dat poor DEF.

Yeah. I just score enough for rankings and then stop.

How much do you need for ranking? I only had like 1800 or something last round and I dropped a tier :(

I can't even string enough wins together to get points now anyway. Even om my lower levels squads I'm going up against Roy's that are 5 levels above me. Haha.

DAXMq0JXsAAkkxv.jpg
Got my highest ranking ever and was able to break into a higher tier but I'm barely in there.

Final battle was a fucking cakewalk. I heard about Fir being terrible but holy shit she is 8 levels above my Boey and still couldn't kill him outright.

No one has answered my question about Rebecca. I see strong potential in both archers that I mentioned. Setsuna's really expensive, so I'm leaning a bit more towards Rebecca. A Brave Bow+ build is the most appealing for the latter.

I do think that Rebecca would possibly be my best Swift Sparrow 2 candidate, because I really don't know what I should do with my spare Bunny Lucina.

I don't actually adhere as much to the tier list as people think.

+Attack Rebecca vs +Speed Setsuna depends a lot on what you are looking for. +Attack Rebecca has 4 more attack, and starts with Darting blow to make up for her lower speed. If you want to use the Brave Bow + though, I'd have to say that Setsuna will get more mileage from it since you can give her deathblow 3 in her A slot for more damage and her speed will still be pretty high. She looses the least from it with a +speed nature, and gains a lot with that free A slot. You can also cover her -5 speed with the speed seal and a hone speed buff, so you don't need something like Life or Death.

As for Rebecca, I actually run a +Speed/-HP Rebecca (+attack still works well here though) as a Firesweeper with Deathblow 3 and seal attack 3, and she can duel most of the characters really well. I doubt you have a spare Faye lying around though, and depending on Faye's nature she could still be a better Firesweeper. Still, I'm really liking how she works, since she lets me chip away at someone, debuff their attack and then tank them with my Erika. If you want a support based unit, Rebecca can handle that for you. Sadly, she'll take a lot of damage from distant counter units and most mages you ill find in the arena.

As for the spare Swift Sparrow, I'd hold on to it for now. While Rebecca is a good candidate for it, you also would need the right weapon/goal to take advantage of it, which I'm not sure you have right now. You should play around with the duel simulator to get a better idea of how things fair, and what would make the most sense for your team.

+Attack Rebecca vs +Speed Setsuna depends a lot on what you are looking for. +Attack Rebecca has 4 more attack, and starts with Darting blow to make up for her lower speed. If you want to use the Brave Bow + though, I'd have to say that Setsuna will get more mileage from it since you can give her deathblow 3 in her A slot for more damage and her speed will still be pretty high. She looses the least from it with a +speed nature, and gains a lot with that free A slot. You can also cover her -5 speed with the speed seal and a hone speed buff, so you don't need something like Life or Death.

As for Rebecca, I actually run a +Speed/-HP Rebecca (+attack still works well here though) as a Firesweeper with Deathblow 3 and seal attack 3, and she can duel most of the characters really well. I doubt you have a spare Faye lying around though, and depending on Faye's nature she could still be a better Firesweeper. Still, I'm really liking how she works, since she lets me chip away at someone, debuff their attack and then tank them with my Erika. If you want a support based unit, Rebecca can handle that for you. Sadly, she'll take a lot of damage from distant counter units and most mages you ill find in the arena.

As for the spare Swift Sparrow, I'd hold on to it for now. While Rebecca is a good candidate for it, you also would need the right weapon/goal to take advantage of it, which I'm not sure you have right now. You should play around with the duel simulator to get a better idea of how things fair, and what would make the most sense for your team.

That's a really great write up. The Damage Calculator/Simulator is definitely useful for deciding this stuff. I think the real decision time will come in the beginning of July when I likely do my next summoning session. I have a huge Feather stock, so I have options.

There are still many 4* units (like Eirika) that I've never even seen, so I have quite a way to go.

Right now I'm competitive in Arena. I've been scoring in the 4730-4760 range since the points overhaul. I'll be moving to tier 17. I'm really comfortable here.

With a full 5* team, I should actually be scoring around 4800. so I expect to seesaw between 17 and 18 for quite sometime depending on bonus units.

Im still look forward to long-term prospects despite what just happened. Gotta save another 100+ Orbs!

Hazu

Any decent update coming up soon?

Getting a bit bored with this game, I want to play it for hours, but there's absolutely nothing to do anymore. Every time they add new chapters, I end up clearing them in like 10 minutes. Same with the quests (except those that require to grind out training tower). At this point, I'm just leveling some units to 40, but I'm about to run out of decent units to level up.

Really hope they add achievements in the future or long term stuff to look out for, because at this rate I won't be playing this game much longer. :(

MANUELF

Banned

Getting a bit bored with this game, I want to play it for hours, but there's absolutely nothing to do anymore. Every time they add new chapters, I end up clearing them in like 10 minutes. Same with the quests (except those that require to grind out training tower). At this point, I'm just leveling some units to 40, but I'm about to run out of decent units to level up.

Really hope they add achievements in the future or long term stuff to look out for, because at this rate I won't be playing this game much longer. :(

The problem with the game is the lack of grinding, the only things one need to grind are EXP and SP and those are easy to complete and dont require RNG like other gachas

Sushen

It feels odd to wanting to pull to get fodders. I have no interest in current focus heroes, but I need at least 3 Hinatas! Feels weird for sure. I haven't seen Hinata for a while, and probably, it's going to be as challenging to get him as any 5* for me.

lupin23rd

Forgot that I had two 5* Sanaki kicking around.

Would I be better served merging them together, or is there someone who would be itching to inherit Triangle Adept 3 (as opposed to just grabbing 2 from someone else)?

That's a really great write up. The Damage Calculator/Simulator is definitely useful for deciding this stuff. I think the real decision time will come in the beginning of July when I likely do my next summoning session. I have a huge Feather stock, so I have options.

There are still many 4* units (like Eirika) that I've never even seen, so I have quite a way to go.

Right now I'm competitive in Arena. I've been scoring in the 4730-4760 range since the points overhaul. I'll be moving to tier 17. I'm really comfortable here.

With a full 5* team, I should actually be scoring around 4800. so I expect to seesaw between 17 and 18 for quite sometime depending on bonus units.

Im still look forward to long-term prospects despite what just happened. Gotta save another 100+ Orbs!

I'd say looking for Erika or Ephraim is a good move. Both can act as amazing team supports + walls right out of the box. A lot of people even build teams around those two, since being able to provide multiple hone buffs is a big deal.

Sushen

I'd say looking for Erika or Ephraim is a good move. Both can act as amazing team supports + walls right out of the box. A lot of people even build teams around those two, since being able to provide multiple hone buffs is a big deal.
I have a pretty well setup Ephraim and it'll be a dream to pull a good IV 5* Eirika to run Ephraim, Eirika, Nino, Linde with full buffing action.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

I'd give up now if I were you.
Perfect for me tho since I can play other games.

I have a pretty well setup Ephraim and it'll be a dream to pull a good IV 5* Eirika to run Ephraim, Eirika, Nino, Linde with full buffing action.

Honestly, I find trying to manage more than 1 buff centric unit in a run a pain. This week I'm running Erika, Barblade+ Linde, Firesweeper Rebecca and Xander, and I find that a lot of the time Linde and Erika are together, while Xander and Rebecca are roaming to weaken/kill stuff. When i originally planned Rebecca, she would also be getting Erika's buffs a lot, but in practice that doesn't happen when I need it, since Erika need to protect Linde so she can kill everything not Green that can counter. Thankfully she will survive against just about every unit if she initiates and will get the kill on her second attack, but she does miss out on quite a few ORKOs (about half the potential) which adds risk.

Maybe if Linde wasn't so in need of a bodyguard it would be easier.

I'd give up now if I were you.
Perfect for me tho since I can play other games.

More time for Echoes. At least there I have a good Faye and Genny...

Sushen

Honestly, I find trying to manage more than 1 buff centric unit in a run a pain. This week I'm running Erika, Barblade+ Linde, Firesweeper Rebecca and Xander, and I find that a lot of the time Linde and Erika are together, while Xander and Rebecca are roaming to weaken/kill stuff. When i originally planned Rebecca, she would also be getting Erika's buffs a lot, but in practice that doesn't happen when I need it, since Erika need to protect Linde so she can kill everything not Green that can counter. Thankfully she will survive against just about every unit if she initiates and will get the kill on her second attack, but she does miss out on quite a few ORKOs (about half the potential) which adds risk.

Maybe if Linde wasn't so in need of a bodyguard it would be easier.
That's why Ephraim + Nino and Eirika + Linde will be able to operate two independent teams that erase everything. Of course, it'll take months for me to finish it if I find Eirika in the first place, haha.

I find blade teams really irritating to play but they're just so stupidly OP

Kinda sad I missed out on Spring Camilla. They need to come out with another flying tome user.

That's why Ephraim + Nino and Eirika + Linde will be able to operate two independent teams that erase everything. Of course, it'll take months for me to finish it if I find Eirika in the first place, haha.

I get what you mean, but you won't really be able to run that in arena since you need one slot for a bonus unit. Since Linde outperforms Nino when given a blade tome and similar buffs, you'll probably end up running Erika + Linde + 3 + bonus, which leads to the problem I have with multiple buff centric units.

That is why I feel the best cores are a 2 unit death parade (buffer tank + Blade bomb), with a third roamer who can handle tasks that your death squad may not be ready or in position for. For me, those are units like distant counter units (since I can't have it on Erika without first getting a Hector), Firesweepers, healers or colour counters. They can fulfill one specific roll, which allows Linde and Erika some time to nuke other threats. Since I can have 2 of them it opens up a lot of team options, since I won't really know what bonus units I'll have to choose from each week.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

You probably should just quit. This will never be the game where you play for hours. Get the new 3DS FE game (which is fantastic) if you want a game to pour hours into. FE:aH is not that game.

Sushen

I get what you mean, but you won't really be able to run that in arena since you need one slot for a bonus unit. Since Linde outperforms Nino when given a blade tome and similar buffs, you'll probably end up running Erika + Linde + 3 + bonus, which leads to the problem I have with multiple buff centric units.

That is why I feel the best cores are a 2 unit death parade (buffer tank + Blade bomb), with a third roamer who can handle tasks that your death squad may not be ready or in position for. For me, those are units like distant counter units (since I can't have it on Erika without first getting a Hector), Firesweepers, healers or colour counters. They can fulfill one specific roll, which allows Linde and Erika some time to nuke other threats. Since I can have 2 of them it opens up a lot of team options, since I won't really know what bonus units I'll have to choose from each week.
I see. I had the triple blue problem because of the similar reason. It's true that as fun as buffed bomb setup, standalone units are easier to work withe.

That's why I had a high hope for Julia, but with hp+/def- Julia I've got, the jury's still out there if I prefer her over Nino.

I see. I had the triple blue problem because of the similar reason. It's true that as fun as buffed bomb setup, standalone units are easier to work withe.

That's why I had a high hope for Julia, but with hp+/def- Julia I've got, the jury's still out there if I prefer her over Nino.

-Def kind of sucks for ranged counters. Though, that would mean archers (Or the handful of distant counter units, who are mostly red), and I usually nuke archers early, either by tanking them with a distant counter/QR unit, or blowing them up with Linde. They are almost always my first targets if I can get them, because they have screwed up more matches for me than any other unit type.

Hurts me so much to sacrifice one of my 2 Minerva to give Celica L&D3 even if that Minerva is +DEF/-ATK (other is +ATK/-RES) that I feel like like spending 20k feather on a Hana just for SI. I just have trouble getting rid of characters who are 5* only. I used a few Hectors for SI but I got like 8 of him, including 2 unfeatured so he doesn't count, my Hector "luck" was just stupid. What to do...

Edit: I know that it requires Draconic Aura to be ready, her to be full HP after the Special is ready (Reciprocal Aid), a ATK buff and that the simulator does not consider IV, SI and buff, but still... Damn:

HvxqRUMl.jpg

champloo

Hurts me so much to sacrifice one of my 2 Minerva to give Celica L&D3 even if that Minerva is +DEF/-ATK (other is +ATK/-RES) that I feel like like spending 20k feather on a Hana just for SI. I just have trouble getting rid of characters who are 5* only. I used a few Hectors for SI but I got like 8 of him, including 2 unfeatured so he doesn't count, my Hector "luck" was just stupid. What to do...

Edit: I know that it requires Draconic Aura to be ready, her to be full HP after the Special is ready (Reciprocal Aid), a ATK buff and that the simulator does not consider IV, SI and buff, but still... Damn:

That premise is a bit unfair, I mean my Leo can kill most unit in one shot with Glacies up lol
It's still impressive that she can orko all the blues, through even TA/Sapphire Lance/Wary Fighter.

Ninferno

It pains me so much that I probably won't be able to get Celica in either of my accounts. Both of them went from 150+ orbs to a single digit now, all I have got are Laslows and Draugs. Well, I still got to worship her in SoV to say the least.

I still don't know if 4822 is going to send me to Tier 18, if it does, I could just skip arena altogether next week because there's no way in hell I'm going to crack top 1800; might as well just sit back and cut myself some slack.lol

Maybe I will give it a week or two, after more people joins Tier 18 as whales finally proceeds to Tier 20, I might try to go back to replacing Nino with Effie and see if it is viable to sustain myself in 4-orb land by going up and down between T18 ~ 19, while the whales wanders between T19 ~ 20. I still dread this very idea though; I went from using Nino (since launch) -> replace Nino with Effie and enter full melee BST whore mode and crack top 2000 a few times (pre April update) -> go back to using Nino (after April update and matachmaking overhaul causing BST to matter a lot less). The contrast between with and without a mage is really drastic; I really don't want to go through that hell again if I have the choice. I'm not sure that 1 orb is going to worth it.

That premise is a bit unfair, I mean my Leo can kill most unit in one shot with Glacies up lol
It's still impressive that she can orko all the blues, through even TA/Sapphire Lance/Wary Fighter.

Yea I know haha, was just trying to see if I could come up with a orko everyone build with minimal outside help, one ATK boost in this case. Her numbers are stil pretty great in normal situations too. Some blue are tricky but that's why we have 4 characters.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Lunatic Lloyd was pretty damn easy with a good calvary team. 5* Zander with Ward Cavalry, a stock 4* Gunter [Hone Cavalry], a stock 5* Reinhardt[Goad Cavalry], and a stock 4* Cecilia. Cecilia and Gunter weren't even level 40, they were both still 38.

Syntsui

I was about to have a perfect arena run for almost 4800pts then... A freaking blade Bunny Camilla with 60+ATK appeared.

There was nothing I could do, it was ridiculous.

Sushen

Is it crazy to consider brave sword for Lloyd? As I level him up, he's not too bad and I'm looking for a cheap way to improve him for the arena bonus.

I was about to have a perfect arena run for almost 4800pts then... A freaking blade Bunny Camilla with 60+ATK appeared.

There was nothing I could do, it was ridiculous.

All hail Queen Sanaki

The crazy part is buffed Spring Camilla can still hit her for half health. That's with triangle adept and her crazy high res. Totally balanced IS

I am about to promote my 4* +SPD/-HP Nowi to 5* and merge my other Nowi into it for a 5* +1. She will have Triangle Adept 3 on A and I keep thinking Blue Tomebreaker 3 for B...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom