• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Got a 4* Soren and Kagero from the new banner, which is nice. Had neither of those.

Welp, back to saving for the Wedding banner.

Westlo

I wonder who Will be un the Wedding banner, they cant use Lucina and Camilla again after the Bunny banner right?

C'mon.

You know best girl Lucina is coming again!

Normal Lucina
Spring Lucina
Wedding Lucina
Masked Lucina
Legends Lucina

I'll have them all!

I assume this is probably bait, as poster above said, to drain for the suspected wedding banner. But I don't really care too much about that. Spring banner had no appeal to me, limited time banner won't be viable long term without merge ability. I'm a little scared there will be an amazing character that I'll wish I had the orbs to take a shot at now that I blew my moderate sized stash, though.

But anyways, I saw that Azura was tiered higher than Ninian (I assume because of Dragon-Falchion problem and low attack for Ninian, as well as built in triangle advantage for Azura), so even though I've been building my recently Acquired Ninian up, I figured I'd throw out some orbs for a shot at Azura. First overall pull was Azura. Unfortunately -spd, +hp. So I think I'll stick with the sp grind on my +spd, -def Ninian. But if i get another Azura with a better nature maybe I'll merge her and switch in the future. I burned through the rest of my orbs and got mostly junk, although a 4 star Rebecca and Sakura are new editions to my team.

Crazy that I blew almost 200 to get one blue dancer, and then get two within 10 orbs.

Tharja in a black wedding dress plz.

vxtcwrg.gif

I don't even sweat it anymore. I'll just be content to clear Quests and stay around tier 17 or 18. I can reliably clear with my core of 3, and I even just got my second (bigger) streak this week without burning swords.

I have other things to occupy my time.

All I really want is for the free Orbs need to come back soon.

first pull +atk -res Azura

alrighty then

edit: -4 resistance? oh ffs

You still came out pretty well although I like her resistance. It takes 49 attack before red tome users even scratch her.

As long as Azura isn't -Atk or -Spd she's still pretty useful as an offensive unit. Her utility as a dancer goes without saying.

Firemind

You still came out pretty well although I like her resistance. It takes 49 attack before red tome users even scratch her.

As long as Azura isn't -Atk or -Spd she's still pretty useful as an offensive unit. Her utility as a dancer goes without saying.
so moonbow, fury, filler, hone attack?

i think my arena team is complete now

hector/ytiki/kagero/azura

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I just started playing and have no idea what heroes are good or how to build a team.

My 5 star characters are: Genny, Hinata, Boey, Cordelia.

My 4 star characters are: Nino, Far, Camilla, Wrys, Sophia, Florina, Lukas, Sakura, Vision, Bartre, Jagen, Corrin

Are any of these good or could I build a team with these? Is a great 3 star or good 4 star better than an average 5 star?

Muramasa

I just started playing and have no idea what heroes are good or how to build a team.

My 4 star characters are: Nino, Far, Camilla, Wrys, Sophia, Florina, Lukas, Sakura, Vision, Bartre, Jagen, Corrin

Are any of these good or could I build a team with these? Is a great 3 star or good 4 star better than an average 5 star?
a great 4 star is better than a bad 5 star. And besides you can upgrade the 4 star later. with your 5 stars, you already covered all colors, but you want to replace genny with a dancer. if you have orbs left, it is a good idea to invest in this new banner and pull blue. azura would be a good pillar of every team.
if you dont pull azura, it is a good idea to build olivia, she is a free unit in rotation

From your 4 stars Nino is a top mage if she has the right stats. characters have bane and boon in this game. for example - 3atk +3spd. you need to compare lvl1 or 40 characters with the wiki to determine it. you dont want - spd - atk in most cases

so moonbow, fury, filler, hone attack?

i think my arena team is complete now

hector/ytiki/kagero/azura

I gave her hone speed but it's up to you. She should body pretty much anything red in 1 hit if you give her fury.

The filler could be escape route or wings of mercy. If she fights stuff then escape route is better but wings of mercy is better most of the time.

Mupod

improved my score to 4802 - not amazing, but should be enough to keep me in tier 17. If not, oh well, not spending more crests for a mere 100 feathers.

5* have higher stats, higher level skills and most importantly (in some cases) come with better weapons. You were pretty lucky with the quantity there, if not quality.

Genny is useful as far as healers go because of the weird Wrathful Staff ability she gets, and her very high attack.

Hinata is a tank and comes with a Ruby Sword. This makes him extremely effective against green physical damage but that's just about all he can do. He's pretty bad overall but unless you plan on rerolling he's your only good red so might as well use him. Oddly enough he is my most in-demand character, but I only need him as a 3* or 4* because of his skill Fury, I want to give it to a better unit.

Boey is a mage that's good at taking physical hits but has low resistance. He's kind of a strange character but he'll get the job done.

Cordelia has a brave lance that hits twice when used on offense, and her attack stat is sky high.

You've got a usable team between those 4. They aren't top tier or anything but you could make it work. There's a random element to character stats (one will be higher than usual, one will be lower) that adds another layer of bullshit to the gacha RNG, but you should probably only worry about that if you're going to play long term or reroll a lot. As that is mostly only important when it comes time to spend 20,000 feathers to upgrade a 4*.

On that subject, of your 4* units Nino is the only one considered top tier. She'll outperform Boey in the green mage role provided you support her with characters that have Rally or Hone/Fortify buffs.

Lukas is a really strong blue tank if you end up needing someone to deal with sword users.

What about +ATK/-SPD? Not sure if I ignore the bane or build around it. Maybe I just stick with my Ninian. Been wondering what to do with that Azura for weeks now...

Sushen

Lucky i already have a azura so i dont need to pull lol.

Who am i joking. Only 4 orb left lol. Where is my daily orb mrgrgrgr.
It seems gone, which is ok as long as they provide regular way to earn them like feathers. Currently, I have 2 orbs remaining to earn and that's it. Pretty rough, anticipating the wedding banner.

I'm at rank 4132 out of 4528... maybe I should get another run in.

From what I have noticed week after week, it really barely moves in the last few hours. I'd wait until like 90 minutes before or something (if you can play then) in case of but I would be surprised if you needed to do another run.

I'm dreading to know what type of score I'll need for tier 18 to stay in that tier or move up. I can get 4840 if I am selective and don't run into some merged pony nonsense.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
From what I have noticed week after week, it really barely moves in the last few hours. I'd wait until like 90 minutes before or something (if you can play then) in case of but I would be surprised if you needed to do another run.

I was thinking the same thing... I'll wait a few hours and check back in. I wish it updated in real time. I got my initial score of 4816 and just fooled around in arena, thinking it would be enough to move up. But maybe not!

This banner is totally bait before the ultimate waifu/husbando banner. It's funny though because the last banner was the bait of the current bait. Some inception stuff right here.

Ninferno

Ranking #3563 currently at Tier 17. Guess I'm going to Tier 18 after all. It will be nice to enjoy that one extra orb for a week, then get kicked back to Tier 17 immediately the week after. lol Might as well skip arena entirely next week because demotion is one rank at most. lol

I'm dreading to know what type of score I'll need for tier 18 to stay in that tier or move up. I can get 4840 if I am selective and don't run into some merged pony nonsense.

There's no staying in Tier 18. The top 40% proceed to Tier 19 while the rest 60% got sent back to Tier 17. 4840 is really good, but I don't think it will be enough to crack top 40% or 1800.

I wish it updated in real time.

I think after the 1.3 update arena ranking does update faster, almost real time?

Mupod

yeah I'm not really motivated to get super high in the tier rankings just yet. I could do it if I merged Hector and cherrypicked scores, but it's easier to just wait for more people to move up and fill out the ranks.

Mupod

yeah, arena rankings update real time now.

i don't get the theme of the new banner

they all have gem weapons. Sapphire lance, for example. They increase the effects of the 'weapon triangle' by an additional 20%, the same as Triangle Adept 3 (but don't stack with it). So Titania for example takes little to no damage from blue units and does extra, but gets wrecked by reds.

I was just trying to get a perfect round and go safe on upgrading my tier and then this just happens.

g8RVus6.jpg

Hector Army vs. Hero Fest Banner Army feat. Xander

Alucrid

Banned

they all have gem weapons. Sapphire lance, for example. They increase the effects of the 'weapon triangle' by an additional 20%, the same as Triangle Adept 3 (but don't stack with it). So Titania for example takes little to no damage from blue units and does extra, but gets wrecked by reds.

oh okay, thanks.

Well, I STILL don't have Azura, despite trying for her since day 1. But I did just pull a five star Hector. Camilla has been my girl since launch day, but I guess it's time for her to sit on the bench now.

My current lineup is:

Robin (M)
Hector
Lucina
Olivia

Any advice on how I should dress them up as far as inheritance and seals?

Edit: Community threads suck. :(

spiritfox

Except Cecila for some reason?

Pulled azura.

Hector, ryoma, takumi, and now Azura (replacing Effie)

Now what? Outside of just pulling OP units I have no idea how to actually play the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom