• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

+Spd is by far her best boon and you have a bane that doesn't limit her bulk in any fashion so one could argue you actually have the best possible Nowi.

If you give her Fury 3 she becomes very hard to kill due to 33 Spd, effective 75 physical and 72 res bulk, along with a still very respectable 31 Atk that hits enemy res twice with QR.

There is little reason to be disappointed, especially if you use Ursula on cavalry teams.

funny thing is I think I suggested the fury/QR build to someone with this exact same Nowi before, lol. I certainly don't have a Fury to spare and at this point she has to get in line behind Ryoma and Camus - maybe even Cecilia as it'd allow her to tank quickened pulse, buffed and merged Reinhardt.

Not sure I'm following you about Ursula though.

I feel like I've finally got a good selection of 5* of all colors so I can go back to pulling on red like crazy trying to get more fury/TA fodder. It just so happens that one of the datamined upcoming banners is for Fury users...

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I run Fury/QR Nowi, with Reciprocal Aid to help keep her in QR range. She works fine with it, though sometimes she has trouble counter-killing high-res characters. Some highly merged Azuras can survive attacking her. I've seen her survive Linde or Rein, but those are usually extremely close calls and aren't things that I'd rely on.

It's great for arena, but bad for Tempest because relying on distant counter generally takes more turns than just going up and killing things.

Sushen

I've actually never pulled a Klein. :(

All Wrys/Serra/Gaius/Niles, all the time.
I feel lucky to get a few kleins over time. He's my favourite fodder as I prefer death blow over other competing A skills.

Knowing he doesn't come frequently, I have tough time using his skills to inherit, though, haha.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I got my first defense win!!

But it's only 280 points. I don't get it. I have Athena on my defense team.

Sölf

So, I need your help, FEH GAF.

I 5*ed my Camus and will now start to build a Horse Emblem team. My problem: I have no Reinhardt, even after spending 158 orbs in the banner. I have a 5* Xander, a 5* Camus and for the time being a 5* Elise. I am not sure who to 5* to get a 4th unit.

I have several Cecilias, sadly 3 of those have -ATK and the last one has neutral ATK but -SPD. I would like to use her to have a mage, because if I ever get Reinhardt I will replace Elise with him. So, if I would 5* Ursula instead I would have 3 blue units and I don't really want that. Also, I do have spare Ninos I could 5* at some point to give her tome to Cecilia, the same is not true for Ursula.

Other units would be either Frederick or Gunter. Which one would be better? Both are 40 4* at the moment, I do have a 3* Gunter with +ATK and -RES though, so he is probably better with his stats. I also have 2 +ATK Fredricks, one with -HP, the other with -SPD.

So, any help?

spiritfox

Sölf;241323585 said:

I 5*ed my Camus and will now start to build a Horse Emblem team. My problem: I have no Reinhardt, even after spending 158 orbs in the banner. I have a 5* Xander, a 5* Camus and for the time being a 5* Elise. I am not sure who to 5* to get a 4th unit.

I have several Cecilias, sadly 3 of those have -ATK and the last one has neutral ATK but -SPD. I would like to use her to have a mage, because if I ever get Reinhardt I will replace Elise with him. So, if I would 5* Ursula instead I would have 3 blue units and I don't really want that. Also, I do have spare Ninos I could 5* at some point to give her tome to Cecilia, the same is not true for Ursula.

Other units would be either Frederick or Gunter. Which one would be better? Both are 40 4* at the moment, I do have a 3* Gunter with +ATK and -RES though, so he is probably better with his stats. I also have 2 +ATK Fredricks, one with -HP, the other with -SPD.

So, any help?

You should have a neutral Cecilia from the Hero Battle rotation, unless you sent that one back home.

Sölf

You should have a neutral Cecilia from the Hero Battle rotation, unless you sent that one back home.

I probably did, as I have a habit of only putting the highest rarity on my favorite list (and she was 1* or 2*, I send all of those units home back in the day unless I didn't have one).

Mupod

Sölf;241323585 said:

So, any help?

+atk -spd Fred with a Brave Axe+ is a monster.

Ursula really needs a blade tome. Her attack is very low otherwise.

Cecilia's speed is pretty much unsalvageable so maybe the neutral atk one is fine. Mine typically doesn't get hit back because there isn't much that survives. With draconic aura charged I think a neutral attack one will even kill Sanaki which is insane. I wouldn't burn feathers on a suboptimal one though.

The best new fodder will be a 3/4 star who gets life and death at 4 star.

We're WAITING.

Personally would like a 3* that gets TA3 at 4*. Roy isn't common enough. :|

But yeah, for all the Brave/Bladers out there, it's the best A-slot you can ask for.

While her attack is annoyingly low, she's a great counter to Reinhardt which is always a threat.

Anyone that isn't red can kill Reinhardt if they attack first. It's defending against Reinhardt that's the problem. No blue has what it takes to beat Rein in a defensive situation. In Ursula's case...

+Atk Reinhardt w/ Death Blow 3; no buffs, no Quickened Pulse has 50 Atk.
Ursula has 35HP + 30 Res.
Reinhardt will hit her for 20x2, dropping her to 0 before she gets a chance to attack.

Pejo

Gold Member
Grinded out over half of what I needed from Tempest last night. 2000 points left to go tonight. Shouldn't be awful.

I really don't like that type of event. Way too grindy. In fact, I'm not even sure I really enjoy the way this game is moving. Seems to be multiple waves for the enemy + ridiculous stat buffs out of nowhere for existing characters to add challenge. I wish the game had crits/evades or the meta wasn't so focused on one rounding your enemies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I don't like the one-rounding thing either, but it seems to be inherent in this game because of its small map sizes. If you don't one-round lots of units, then it's very easy to get cornered or overwhelmed in a turn or two.

The super stat buffed units to introduce difficulty isn't all that much fun either. It's a nice challenge for a few maps, but when you've been bashing your head against them over and over in Tempest, then it gets old fast. I'm not sure why I ever wanted to fight whales in the arena with an unmerged team anymore.

I imagine the defensive tiles is an effort to fix this, but it only goes so far. Especially when the arena seems to alternate between all maps with defensive tiles and all maps without them.

Achtius

just hit 100k in tempest. While grindy, i got a lot out of it. HM, SP and most importantly, orbs.

edit: just tried arena in T19.. it's a nightmare lol..

kswiston

A combination of being busy and spending way too long grinding SP for my Reinhardt to make him useable has led to me getting nowhere in the temptest trials. I might finish at 10-12k...

Part of the problem is that I don't have a solid b-team.

Scum

I think there's only a day or two left for it.

I've missed out, big time then!
uUu9hwp.png

kswiston

Finally, the nightmare is over. Time to reap the rewards of my efforts:

I am officially part of the problem.

Consider lancebreaker instead of Vantage. As long as you don't take too many hits to get under that 50% mark, Reinhardt gets x4 atk on every lance in the game.

Vantage doesn't seem to be of as much worth, since you lose the double attack and the effect of Deathblow when defending.

Sushen

Anyone that isn't red can kill Reinhardt if they attack first. It's defending against Reinhardt that's the problem. No blue has what it takes to beat Rein in a defensive situation. In Ursula's case...

+Atk Reinhardt w/ Death Blow 3; no buffs, no Quickened Pulse has 50 Atk.
Ursula has 35HP + 30 Res.
Reinhardt will hit her for 20x2, dropping her to 0 before she gets a chance to attack.
Reinhardt usually carry Vantage as he comes with it. So, hitting him first isn't always easy.

Regarding Ursula vs Reinhardt, Reinhardt is my unit to use in the arena (yes I'm part of the problem), I have noticed she was one of units that I couldn't kill it, or rather get killed by her if I attacked. I don't remember her exact setup, but I have encountered the same situations enough times to remember it. It must be her weapon which is strong against cavalry.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Given Reinhardt's speed and defense, I don't know why someone would use vantage on him. If he gets attacked, the odds are pretty high that he's dead.

kswiston

Given Reinhardt's speed and defense, I don't know why someone would use vantage on him. If he gets attacked, the odds are pretty high that he's dead.

Yup. He's a ranged unit. Any melee unit just gets free hits, and most of the ranged units have beefy enough RES to easily soak up a single attack if Vantage triggers.

Reinhardt is only good on uncontested offense where he can ORKO units without taking any counter damage. The reason that I like lancebreaker for him is that it allows him to make mincemeat out of those blue pegasus units that can be a pain in the ass for a lot of mage units.

Scum

I wonder how expensive and worthwhile it will be to build a Archer Emblem? 🤔
It'll come back, I'm sure, and you'll get some other chance at the seal. The good thing about these seals is that you can only have one anyway.
Sweet!

Mupod

I wonder how expensive and worthwhile it will be to build a Archer Emblem? 🤔

Sweet!

I've heard of people building full teams around this concept and various -breaker skills. Coud have swordbreaker, lancebreaker, axebreaker and one of the high Res archers set up to ruin mages.

lt519

I might actually try Rein this time around in arena, need to get some additional skills on him first though, might return to Tempest for the SP farm.

I used to exclusively run with TA Robin in the arena because of all the Takumis. His ability to tank them was incredibly useful, but now even if I'm not running a cavalry team I still run Reinhardt because he can wipe out those units before they become a problem. TA Robin has made a lateral move to Tempest MVP where he can just soak up all the colorless and reds.

Yeah, I went with lancebreaker 3, it's niche for some very high res lance users, but I'm never using vantage with him. It is funny hitting a low res unit for like 120 damage though.

I don't like the one-rounding thing either, but it seems to be inherent in this game because of its small map sizes. If you don't one-round lots of units, then it's very easy to get cornered or overwhelmed in a turn or two.

The super stat buffed units to introduce difficulty isn't all that much fun either. It's a nice challenge for a few maps, but when you've been bashing your head against them over and over in Tempest, then it gets old fast. I'm not sure why I ever wanted to fight whales in the arena with an unmerged team anymore.

I imagine the defensive tiles is an effort to fix this, but it only goes so far. Especially when the arena seems to alternate between all maps with defensive tiles and all maps without them.

ORKOing is inherent in Fire Emblem in general.

lt519

Lol I just ran into a close counter vantage +4 Rein in Arena. Surprisingly annoying since he was paired with a Bunny Milla on that stupid close quarters ship map. Not how I'd use my feathers but whatever haha.

Seeing some really goofy shit today:

All had distant counter, wary fighter, and ward armor. Azama didn't have any attack weapon so he wouldn't suicide himself.

The crests from these arena quests are great too.

Wiseblade

Consider lancebreaker instead of Vantage. As long as you don't take too many hits to get under that 50% mark, Reinhardt gets x4 atk on every lance in the game.

Vantage doesn't seem to be of as much worth, since you lose the double attack and the effect of Deathblow when defending.
Vantage is only there because it's his default B Skill. Are there even any Lance users left that can survive a hit from DB3/QP/Moonbow Rein though? Especially after a Hone Cavalry buff.

lt519

Either it's a weak week for people playing with non ideal bonus characters, QP/MB Rein is too hot, more people are playing cause of the rewards, or a coincidence. First time I've started an arena week with full horse emblem though.

forgrim

I know first world problems, but my +atk -spd reinhardt would love deathblow 3...alas, i dont have a single character that has deathblow.

First world problems.

I know first world problems, but my +atk -spd reinhardt would love deathblow 3...alas, i dont have a single character that has deathblow.

First world problems.

Hey you could have used a Klein for QR2 before realizing he had DB3... At least I got a few since then but it will always sting.

Sushen

My daily tempest update would be a vanilla Genny with no buffs ORKO'ed my full health Hector. Pretty amazing stuff, haha.

My old game is gone. Customer service says I deleted it.

I don't remember deleting it, nor were my kids at home. That leaves butt deletion as the only remaining possibility.

I really can't believe that is what happened, it's just so far fetched. I didn't pay hard into this, but they can't return the orbs I paid for either (which I do understand though it is incredibly frustrating)

RIP old account,

spiritfox

My daily tempest update would be a vanilla Genny with no buffs ORKO'ed my full health Hector. Pretty amazing stuff, haha.

Genny hits surprisingly hard if you're not prepared for her. Too many times I've left Hector in her range only for her to ORKO him in Tempest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom