• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 92 422 points for Tempest. Will try to stay in top 5K. I hated it toward the middle and then kind of got in a good rhythm. Not like I have much better to do with my Stamina. I think years of FFXI conditioned me for that kind of grinding...

And here I am, happy if I hit 6K and get that first Marth haha.

I can usually beat Hard 5 unless I mess up and don't get a debuff on the last stage.

From my own experience, once I hit to 50k, my engine just broke down. A few more runs afterwards was like trying ignite the engine that had no gas left.

Not just you, but it seems like most people stop at 50K, considering you tend to jump 7000 or so places just going to 51K points.

Sushen

The tempest talk put me to a mood for it. After having lost Cecila with G tome breaker to Julia with vantage (who put vantage on Julia?), I just remembered why I stopped.

Sure, I was careless not to check the skills, but there were too many seriously moments.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The tempest talk put me to a mood for it. After having lost Cecila with G tome breaker to Julia with vantage (who put vantage on Julia?), I just remembered why I stopped.

Sure, I was careless not to check the skills, but there were too many seriously moments.
Are you ever not salty on this game?

Spoit

Even though I wasn't trying to get her in the banner, I like Athena. Would have been nice if she was Res down, Speed Up rather than Def down, Speed up.

I only bothered leveling up Masked Lucina because she's​ 5* and I'm not going to bother giving her skills, I'd probably need her for a quest later on like a repeat GHB.

Speed up is by far the best boon though. It makes her into a doubling machine

champloo

After going through Tempest and the Infernal GHB, I now believe Frederick is the best melee green in this game, Hector got nothing on him.

Sushen

Are you ever not salty on this game?
Are you salty on me, Haha? I love the game. I even enjoyed the tempest mode while I was pushing for the seal. That doesn't mean I have to love every moment of it unconditionally, though.

You don't have to overreact on what I said. It's just the way I share my thoughts and what I experienced.

On the brighter note, I finally have decided on what to equip on my bride Cordelia. Although she's no atk+ or spd+, I'm still looking forward to have her in the arena team.

Wiseblade

Finally, the nightmare is over. Time to reap the rewards of my efforts:
ygyLOQf.png
I am officially part of the problem.

ggx2ac

Finally, the nightmare is over. Time to reap the rewards of my efforts:

I am officially part of the problem.

This is the exact Reinhardt I have to fight down to the skills and seals.

Except he is level 40+10 all the time.

Moonbow + Quickened Pulse + Dire Thunder is awful to get hit by.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have a bad feeling next Tempest Trial will have something like a Close Counter Seal, and will somehow be harder/grinder.

ggx2ac

I have a bad feeling next Tempest Trial will have something like a Close Counter Seal, and will somehow be harder/grinder.

I want less grinding. Tempest Trials sounds good on paper but it becomes stale real quick.

This isn't like when I farmed Hero Merit on the Kozaki trial maps because I was able to just have that on Auto-battle all the time while I did something else at the same time.

Whoa, actually got an Athena, right after a 3* Henry and with only one orb to spare. Figured that since I've always said Athena is a favorite from Shadow Dragon I'd be one of the few who wouldn't get her...I even kind of like her new art, different as it is (apparently she has been working on her tan since Shadow Dragon).

But then it is a -atk +res...oooof. With the resist bias, gonna see how she works as an enhanced Fir. Fir is being left at 4/40 given an even less optimal +hp -spd. Favoritism has limits when 20k feathers are on the line.

Lelou

Yay arena quest are back with free orbs and potions for 3 weeks it seems.
It's just great!

Someone waiting the summer banner?

ggx2ac

I did not mean to get Lucina at this high a level.

In the Princess gauntlet banner, I got two of her when I wanted Eirika.

In the Tempest Trial banner, I got two of her with free orbs when I wanted Tharja.

She is Attack Down, Speed Up because I haven't gotten anything better.

I only noticed just now they removed the VA's name.

OVDRobo

Weekly arena quests aren't bad. I hated needing to do several arena battles every day the last time around but when they let you do as many as you want over the course of a week on your own terms, it's not so bad. I'm a little worried this means they haven't got any content coming any time soon, though.

Another issue I have with the repeatable arena quests is running into stuff like I just did. Reinhardt, Kagero, Young Tiki and Takumi on a defensive tiles map. I managed to win, but there's no way I was getting through that one without losing a unit and it was just not entertaining.

I've spent some time over the last few days getting some of my new characters and skill fodder levelled up, but I'm starting to feel the tempest calling again since I've even done the pointless levelling crystals monthly quests at this point. Between tempest and grinding hero merit or SP in other areas I know which is the most satisfying, even if I'm already over 50k and there's barely any time left on it anyway.

That's convenient, arena quests start on a week where I don't care about maintaining any sort of deathless run since I'm dropping back to tier 19 anyway.

Got all the Tempest rewards. Xander has 3.3k SP, Reinhardt has 4.7k SP and Cecilia has 2k SP (she was a late addition). I only used 1 or 2 potions for Tempest Trials in the end.

ggx2ac

This was better than I expected.

Probably because I was forced to use Hinoka and not a higher level hero because that's what caused me to keep fighting very very difficult enemies.

But Hinoka is also better than what I had last time, I think I should adjust the skills on the other hero I had last week.

Oh and, putting Bowbreaker on my Female Corrin with Lightning Breath+ was worth it because Bridal Cordelia is so common now. Except this time I managed to beat her more easily.

The other thing though is it seemed I had better maps this time around.

I'm still expecting this score to not be high enough to stay on Tier 20.

Made it to 14k in Tempest Trials and I'm done. I wanted 5* 'Marth' but I'll settle for 4* 'Marth and all the other rewards up to 14k. I actually did think it was 'fun' content despite being grindy and the final battle being somewhat unfair.

At the very least I got many rewards out of it and learned what my units are lacking. I could REALLY use a Blue Mage that isn't Robin.

Mupod

tried for Reinhardt again because I don't know when to give up, got a 5* Nowi...-atk +spd, meh. I'm glad that my 5* luck isn't absolute shit anymore but still kinda disappointing. Probably usable with triangle adept+quick riposte, at least. Interesting that I almost never find duplicate 5* though, I think I like it better this way even though I have no chance of making it to T20 any time soon.

Arena quests were datamined but 3 weeks of them is nice, since we're losing daily orbs soon.

For the tempest trial, I should be able to make it to 90k if I push for it tonight, but no further than that. I'll live with 6000 feathers I guess.

lt519

Woke up to a defense already, that's 4 weeks in a row since I made horse emblem.

Ok wow multiple difficulties for arena quests, good time to stockpile stamina potions and quests.

Mr. Virus

I want less grinding. Tempest Trials sounds good on paper but it becomes stale real quick.

This isn't like when I farmed Hero Merit on the Kozaki trial maps because I was able to just have that on Auto-battle all the time while I did something else at the same time.

Same. Tempest Trials kinda put me off the game for a bit. Seemed like a lot of effort for not much reward, especially if you can't farm the Lunatic levels. At least got a decent Pony Emblem featuring Camus team to use for the current arena.

StAidan

I didn't think I'd be able to do it, but I finally beat the Infernal GHB, at great cost. My team was:

- Tharja
- Bridal Cordelia
- Reinhardt
- Ninian

These were already SI'd units, but I had to SI a bunch more stuff to tailor them to the task. I spent 4K feathers, sacrificed 5 fodder units to the cause, and merged Cordelia and Ninian to get them the SP necessary to learn skills. Almost all of those expenditures were made in order to compensate for Cordelia's -atk nature, which prevented her from KOing the blue mage that showed up as the very last reinforcement unit.

I'm sitting on 22K feathers currently, which will let me round out B!Cordelia with Life and Death 3 from the 3* Hana I've got sitting around.

Roman

tried for Reinhardt again because I don't know when to give up, got a 5* Nowi...-atk +spd, meh. I'm glad that my 5* luck isn't absolute shit anymore but still kinda disappointing. Probably usable with triangle adept+quick riposte, at least. Interesting that I almost never find duplicate 5* though, I think I like it better this way even though I have no chance of making it to T20 any time soon.

+Spd is by far her best boon and you have a bane that doesn't limit her bulk in any fashion so one could argue you actually have the best possible Nowi.

If you give her Fury 3 she becomes very hard to kill due to 33 Spd, effective 78 physical and 75 res bulk, along with a still very respectable 34 Atk that hits enemy res twice with QR.

There is little reason to be disappointed, especially if you use Ursula on cavalry teams.

lt519

Very quickly posted a 4808 in T19. Moonbow/DeathBlow3/Quickened Pulse Reinhardt is just no match for anyone. I actually took down a Bunny-milla with him without cavalry buffs, that's just wrong.

I'm at odds with myself now, I want to cherry pick 690+ match ups to try and get to T20 but I also just want to play every match to get the rewards and stockpile crests/pots.

_Legacy_

Very quickly posted a 4808 in T19. Moonbow/DeathBlow3/Quickened Pulse Reinhardt is just no match for anyone. I actually took down a Bunny-milla with him without cavalry buffs, that's just wrong.

I'm at odds with myself now, I want to cherry pick 690+ match ups to try and get to T20 but I also just want to play every match to get the rewards and stockpile crests/pots.

I might actually try Rein this time around in arena, need to get some additional skills on him first though, might return to Tempest for the SP farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom