• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

Soren is my favorite blue mage destroyer.
It's always so great to watch Reinhardts and Lindes just line up to get slaughtered for 3 damage max.

lt519

What are people doing with Julia these days? Just finished leveling a +HP/-DEF 5* one to Level 40 and she's still a blank slate. Green Tomebreaker to check Nino's and other Julias? Obviously Fury (don't have any left or LnD, what else do people run?). Then insert random C skill?

Sushen

What are people doing with Julia these days? Just finished leveling a +HP/-DEF 5* one to Level 40 and she's still a blank slate. Green Tomebreaker to check Nino's and other Julias? Obviously Fury (don't have any left or LnD, what else do people run?). Then insert random C skill?
I wonder about the same, too.

After dropping well over 200 orbs to get her, I have found she's a specialty unit to counter green and blue mages because due to her speed, I don't think she's a killing machine.

I would love to be wrong on this, though.

Ninferno

Fury is quite frankly still the best for her; it is generally good for anyone with good attack and defense (or resistance in the case of mages), but middling speed. For units like these you want to enhance both their offense and defense aspects, abandoning neither.

If Fury is not available or reserved for higher priority units, I would just slap on any suitable stats modifier A skill I have abundant fodders of, like HP + 5, ATK + 3, or RES + 3, just to name a few.

Swift Sparrow is a great skill, but it is really rare. When you are lucky enough to have a spare S!Lucina or Katarina, you probably want to give a to a nuke type character like Linde/Nino, not a balanced one like Julia.

Ninferno

Got Quickened Pulse on my main account just now, and my alt is sitting at 41k. That means I have grinded almost 40k points combined from the 2 accounts in a little more than 2 days since returning from vacation. That is pretty close to the theoretical daily maximum from regenerated stamina (24 * 12 / 20 * 705 = 10152). Holy shit.

I honestly think this is not going to be worth it; but I foolishly did it anyway. This has to be the most intense grinding I have ever done, and I want my hours back; I could have done something much more meaningful with that time, like start a new BoTW save file, or open my copy of Arms or something...

_Legacy_

Got Quickened Pulse on my main account just now, and my alt is sitting at 41k. That means I have grinded almost 40k points combined from the 2 accounts in a little more than 2 days since returning from vacation. That is pretty close to the theoretical daily maximum from regenerated stamina (24 * 12 / 20 * 705 = 10152). Holy shit.

I honestly think this is not going to be worth it; but I foolishly did it anyway. This has to be the most intense grinding I have ever done, and I want my hours back; I could have done something much more meaningful with that time, like start a new BoTW save file, or open my copy of Arms or something...

That's crazy, why are you grinding Tempest on two accounts? Surely you've got something better to be doing! :D

I don't know how you multiple account grinders do it...

Zafir

Having only done the grind to 50k on one account, I never want to do that tempest again, lol.

Struggled to do that much to be honest, it's such a bore.

Roman

That's crazy, why are you grinding Tempest on two accounts? Surely you've got something better to be doing! :D

I don't know how you multiple account grinders do it...

I barely see mentions of alternate accounts anymore - with events like gauntlets and especially tempest, the thought of doing it in duplicate would rather turn many players off of the game altogether.

_Legacy_

I barely see mentions of alternate accounts anymore - with events like gauntlets and especially tempest, the thought of doing it in duplicate would rather turn many players off of the game altogether.

Yeah true, it's just the idea of doing it all over again... I forced myself to 50k and felt a huge sigh of relief when getting there. FUCK doing that again, although I do wonder what sort of seal they'll tempt us with next time.

Got the stupid seal. Thank God

Also 5 starred Camus but since I only just did he missed out on the SP gravy train. I'm sort of considering grinding out tempest some more smh

Zafir

Yeah true, it's just the idea of doing it all over again... I forced myself to 50k and felt a huge sigh of relief when getting there. FUCK doing that again, although I do wonder what sort of seal they'll tempt us with next time.

Heh, If it's as grindy as this one, it'd have to be the best thing since sliced bread for me to care.

I sincerely hope they readjust the rewards really. Not even just for my sake - the requirements are especially harsh for people who can't complete the highest difficulty.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Heh, If it's as grindy as this one, it'd have to be the best thing since sliced bread for me to care.

I sincerely hope they readjust the rewards really. Not even just for my sake - the requirements are especially harsh for people who can't complete the highest difficulty.
Not everyone needs to beat everything.

Zafir

Not everyone needs to beat everything.
They don't but I personally don't think you should be putting fairly strong unique skills behind time-limited challenges which not everyone can do.

In terms of the tempest event, I think swapping QP with the 5* Masked Marth would have been an improvement. 30k is much more reasonable for something unique/time-limited, and getting a second Marth at 5* means there's still something for the more hardcore people to get to 50k for.

If you are wanting to have challenges which not everyone can do with good rewards, then just don't make them time limited. Like say the trials on FFBE or something.

Mupod

I'm ready for swimsuit Bartre.

I'm at around 91000. I may go for 99999 but time-wise it'll be tight even as fast as I clear it.

It's insane that I might not even stay in the 10k rank with this point total. I don't think I'd ever grind this hard again, I have better things to do than play this game so much.

kewlmyc

Running a Rein, Celicia, Xander, and Camus team with 2 Hone, 1 goad, and one fortify on defense, yet can't manage to get any defense points so far. This is a first.

Muramasa

Running a Rein, Celicia, Xander, and Camus team with 2 Hone, 1 goad, and one fortify on defense, yet can't manage to get any defense points so far. This is a first.
people who cant beat ponies, will not even try to engage the battle.

having a horse as a team leader is a major turn off

Mupod

I've already got a defense with Camus in the lead, plus Eldigan/Cecilia. I have a dancer in place of Ursula as she is useless without buffs anyways.

The first arena fight I got was almost a mirror match, lol. They just had Reinhardt instead of Ursula, because every single person except me has a Reinhardt. My Cecilia basically rolled over their whole team.

Finished my run with 4786. Not that much lower than what I get with my infantry team, and it was an absolute breeze even with that horrible ship map showing up twice. I'm well under the cutoff to T20 right now but I'm sure I will fall far, far out of that by the end of the week. No worries.

lt519

Try removing skills/seals. I run Titania with no A or B skill to lower my score range and I've got three so far this week.

Sushen

I don't see point beyond 50k for the seal. Sure, there are 15 more orbs, but you can get 23 orbs gor $13. Think of how much your time and efforts worth. Mine is definitely worth more than that.

Don't get me wrong, I like the mode and I hope it to comd back, but they need to dial it back to make it enjoyable.

I don't see point beyond 50k for the seal. Sure, there are 15 more orbs, but you can get 23 orbs gor $13. Think of how much your time and efforts worth. Mine is definitely worth more than that.

Don't get me wrong, I like the mode and I hope it to comd back, but they need to dial it back to make it enjoyable.

I totally understand stopping out of boredom. However, so many people need to grind SP and the mode offers the best ratio per Stamina and gives tons of Hero Merits. I can hardly see what there is that is better to do in the game right now if you spend stamina daily.

Draxal

I totally understand stopping out of boredom. However, so many people need to grind SP and the mode offers the best ratio per Stamina and gives tons of Hero Merits. I can hardly see what there is that is better to do in the game right now if you spend stamina daily.

Honestly, I found it frustrating due to the horrific comps you see.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

I wonder about the same, too.

After dropping well over 200 orbs to get her, I have found she's a specialty unit to counter green and blue mages because due to her speed, I don't think she's a killing machine.

I would love to be wrong on this, though.
I run Fury + Green Tomebreaker + Fortify Def (though pick your C skill) on her. She benefits from all stats from Fury, since she can tank magic and SOME physical attacks, plus Fury helps save her low speed.

I actually do consider her a killing machine and not a specialty unit. She doesn't have the doubling ability of a blade tome user, but she's great at covering weaknesses in your team because you can put different B skills on her. She's a good res tank, and she hits hard enough to even do respectable damage through type weaknesses if you need a bit more punch to some things. Her special is a delete button.

Julia is kind of like Sanaki and Nowi in that she can tank two magic types pretty well (her tome has the same effect as Binding Blade) and has some use as a counterattacker in enemy phase, so I wouldn't do a glass cannon build on her with LnD. She trades the glass cannon killing power of a blade tome user in exchange for more independence (she benefits from buffs but is not reliant on them), and more utility during the enemy phase.

Arena runs have gotten a lot easier ever since I added her to my team. I had a notable weakness to magic-based blues and greens (especially Rein), and Julia covered all of that really nicely.

Draxal

Honestly, Julia is pretty flexible in that I can see multiple builds working with her.

I traded out Naga and gave her a Blade+ and deathblow, and she can OHKO a good amount of units while being a better res tank then Nino.

I do think a standard build should optimize her countermage ability, so green tomebreaker for Nino fights, and fury is much perfect for her.

Akuun

The other common build I've seen on Julia is Bowbreaker. Though at higher arena ranks, you just don't see archers much so it's not as common.

My Julia also has blue tomebreaker, but she generally doesn't need it outside bullshit Tempest units because she oneshots normal Lindes/Reins anyway.

Mupod

g tomebreaker has been awesome for me on Cecilia, who has a similar kind of stat spread to Julia. Most Ninos run Desperation.

still trying to nail down what I wanna do with Camus. He's running Grani's Shield and Swordbreaker 2 right now just for Tempest Trial, my blade tomes do the heavy lifting in arena anyways. Hopefully I come across some more Fury/Vantage to work with once I start pulling again. But man my Fury waiting list is getting immense.

Fun stuff:
At a quick glance, +Atk L&D3 Moon-Pulse Brave Bow+ Bridelia is just as dangerous as +Atk DB3 Moon-Pulse buffed Rein with 128 wins on a Fury'd neutral cast. If Rein weren't buffed, he'd actually score less kills than her.

'Course, chances are you will fight a buffed Rein, making him still the bigger threat as he's got extra range compared to her. Just throwing that out there.

Roman

The other common build I've seen on Julia is Bowbreaker. Though at higher arena ranks, you just don't see archers much so it's not as common.

My Julia also has blue tomebreaker, but she generally doesn't need it outside bullshit Tempest units because she oneshots normal Lindes/Reins anyway.

This is indeed the most recommended Julia build and makes the most sense for higher tier arena:

Julia (5★+0 +spd -def)
Weapon: Naga
Special: Moonbow
A: Fury 3
B: G Tomebreaker 3

g tomebreaker has been awesome for me on Cecilia, who has a similar kind of stat spread to Julia. Most Ninos run Desperation.

still trying to nail down what I wanna do with Camus. He's running Grani's Shield and Swordbreaker 2 right now just for Tempest Trial, my blade tomes do the heavy lifting in arena anyways. Hopefully I come across some more Fury/Vantage to work with once I start pulling again. But man my Fury waiting list is getting immense.

G Tomebreaker is, indeed, a great choice for Cecilia. Camus wants this:

Camus (5★)
Weapon: Gradivus
Special: Moonbow
A: Fury 3
B: Vantage 3

Fun stuff:
At a quick glance, +Atk L&D3 Moon-Pulse Brave Bow+ Bridelia is just as dangerous as +Atk DB3 Moon-Pulse buffed Rein with 128 wins on a Fury'd neutral cast. If Rein weren't buffed, he'd actually score less kills than her.

'Course, chances are you will fight a buffed Rein, making him still the bigger threat as he's got extra range compared to her. Just throwing that out there.

When debating tiering for the Gamepedia list, we calculate using this mass calculator and import this custom list that more or less represents threats of the current metagame.

This custom list was compiled by the currently highest ranked player in Tier 20.

Akuun

Is Moonbow that good for Julia? Default Dragon Fang's been working out fine for her.

It still kind of bothers me how incredibly common Fury+Moonbow is for everyone.

I'm not sure about tiering purely based on that calculator though. Sometimes units are incredibly useful not because they can kill everything, but because of what they can bring to a team. Calculating purely based on the number of wins they can get from mass dueling may short sell anyone who's not a glass cannon, and oversells units who can kill through type disadvantages because lots of teams don't rely on brute-forcing their way through units that way.

I'm also very surprised to see regular Camilla on that list. I haven't seen her in ages, and she's usually super weak when she does show up.

Weebos

Banned
Spent ~90 orbs on the Tempest banner because I was bored of stockpiling. Got a Sanaki and a second Robin, and some decent fodder. Could have been worse.

I really need Abels, Kleins, and Lon'Qus though.

I'm wondering whether I should merge my Robin or save his weapon for a potential future character. There isn't really a better user of it right now (maybe Ursula or Olwen).

Draxal

Is Moonbow that good for Julia? Default Dragon Fang's been working out fine for her.

I'm not sure about tiering purely based on that calculator though. Sometimes units are incredibly useful not because they can kill everything, but because of what they can bring to a team. Calculating purely based on the number of wins they can get from mass dueling may short sell anyone who's not a glass cannon, and oversells units who can kill through type disadvantages because lots of teams don't rely on brute-forcing their way through units that way.

I'm also very surprised to see regular Camilla on that list. I haven't seen her in ages, and she's usually super weak when she does show up.

Dragon Fang is usually overkill, and is triggered half the time.

Roman

I'm not sure about tiering purely based on that calculator though. Sometimes units are incredibly useful not because they can kill everything, but because of what they can bring to a team. Calculating purely based on the number of wins they can get from mass dueling may short sell anyone who's not a glass cannon, and oversells units who can kill through type disadvantages because lots of teams don't rely on fighting that way.

Moonbow is charged after her first round of combat if she tanks. It's by far the most reliable and useful special for the role Julia performs.

Tiering isn't purely decided based on those numbers, even the tiering team is saying this. I was just bringing this up because the user I quoted was posting calculations, and mentioned unbuffed opponents with Fury overrides, which is not as useful as using a custom metagame list.

Camilla is sometimes used on flier teams in higher tier teams carrying Emerald Axe (or a Life and Death Brave build but Cherche does this a lot better). She is the green flier with the highest Res in the game and can be turned into a very competent flying blue magic counter.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah haha, for a lot of builds, there's not much thought necessary to just slapping fury and moonbow on everyone. Hopefully this will change as the game progresses.

I would agree that tiering people based on massed duels doesn't make a lot of sense to me, and I think the analysis is more nuanced than that. That said, I don't pay much attention to tiers.

My Julia is still with darting blow, green tomebreaker and dragon fang. She's been the MVP of my team for so long that I just take her for granted. I haven't bothered to see if something else would be better in that A slot as long as I keep beating everyone and everything.

Mupod

fury and moonbow are good for arena because they are short fights and you need to eliminate things fast. Fury's downside is less pronounced, and it goes a long way to preventing you from being doubled or one shotted. Moonbow's fast charge also offsets the +1 special of blade tomes.

Those two abilities are much less useful in Tempest Trial. I like longer charging, more powerful specials that you can use to strategically wipe out annoyances like Mega Stat Inflated Gordin without taking damage. I'll sometimes hold Cecilia back if I can kill with other units just because her Draconic Aura is a 100% reliable delete button for just about anything.

Moonbow is charged after her first round of combat if she tanks. It's by far the most reliable and useful special for the role Julia performs.

Tiering isn't purely decided based on those numbers, even the tiering team is saying this. I was just bringing this up because the user I quoted was posting calculations, and mentioned unbuffed opponents with Fury overrides, which is not as useful as using a custom metagame list.

Camilla is sometimes used on flier teams in higher tier teams carrying Emerald Axe (or a Life and Death Brave build but Cherche does this a lot better). She is the green flier with the highest Res in the game and can be turned into a very competent flying blue magic counter.

Yeah, Camilla immediately sticks out in the calcs/builds you provide. As I said, it was a quick glance; Fury on all the things is kinda standard, but I am aware of some units that prefer swapping weapons or use TA3/gem weapons among other things. Hell naw to having my own Cecilia tank a Brave Bow user without TA3 for example. Her HP+Def is ass. lol

Akuun

True, Camilla has very high res, though I also agree that Cherche is generally a far better flying green axe. That experimental TA Cherche I mentioned a while back has been working quite well for me, and serves as my blue magic tank when I'm running a flier team.

I'll see if I can make another Odin sandwich to feed to Julia. I'm sure she has enough SP after running tempest.

When Tempest first came out, I ran three Fury users + Elise. That was a really bad idea lol, though it made Heavenly Light really useful!

Zeeman

"OK, just got to 20 orbs again, may as well do a pull of the Tempest Trials Focus before it ends. Ooh, five reds, that's interesting..."

1xOtRF3.jpg
I was at 3.5%, this is just crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom