• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

So. This skill inheritance lark. Gordin finally has his use...
FFMmr.gif

_Legacy_

GbLhydD.png

Although Julia is DEF+/RES- and Jeorge RES+/SPD- so possibly the worst IV I could have got for both. Julia could still be handy for arena but Jeorge can just stick to training and missions for now.

Mupod

appearance rate up to 4.00%, silly me thinking eventually I'd start having normal people luck but there isn't much more I want than a 5* dancer right now. This entire banner I've never seen more than 0-2 blue orbs at once - and once even 5 greys. I got frustrated and pulled a green then got trolled by a 4* Camilla cutscene...at least she's -hp +res, better than the -spd one I've had since day one.

Surprisingly finished the infantry 10th stratum quest already with no problems, I might be able to get the 3 orbs from 10th stratum cavalry soon but the team to do it still needs a few levels. Thanks to the starter event I have another 38 guaranteed orbs coming in this week assuming we get the usual 9 from paralogues.

edit: oh wait, Ninian banner is up until the 30th. Got lots of time to keep trying at least.

Sölf

appearance rate up to 4.00%, silly me thinking eventually I'd start having normal people luck but there isn't much more I want than a 5* dancer right now. This entire banner I've never seen more than 0-2 blue orbs at once - and once even 5 greys. I got frustrated and pulled a green then got trolled by a 4* Camilla cutscene...at least she's -hp +res, better than the -spd one I've had since day one.

Surprisingly finished the infantry 10th stratum quest already with no problems, I might be able to get the 3 orbs from 10th stratum cavalry soon but the team to do it still needs a few levels. Thanks to the starter event I have another 38 guaranteed orbs coming in this week assuming we get the usual 9 from paralogues.

edit: oh wait, Ninian banner is up until the 30th. Got lots of time to keep trying at least.

I am at 5/15 for the infantry one, finish all below 10th floor though. I don't really have a useful team for the other quests, so I doubt I could finish any of them. Cavalry would be Elise, Stahl, Jagen, Sully, Ursula (Stahl, Ursula and Sully aren't even max level), Flyer would be Cordelia, Camilla, Est, Narcian (Narcian not max level) and Armored... Effie, Draug, Gwendolyn. I have 3 Gwendolyns, but all 3*, Draug is 2* and Effie 4*. No one is higher than 21 at the moment.

Mupod

Sölf;232303077 said:
I am at 5/15 for the infantry one, finish all below 10th floor though. I don't really have a useful team for the other quests, so I doubt I could finish any of them. Cavalry would be Elise, Stahl, Jagen, Sully, Ursula (Stahl, Ursula and Sully aren't even max level), Flyer would be Cordelia, Camilla, Est, Narcian (Narcian not max level) and Armored... Effie, Draug, Gwendolyn. I have 3 Gwendolyns, but all 3*, Draug is 2* and Effie 4*. No one is higher than 21 at the moment.

The trick is to cycle it until you get something that looks easy...I level other units in the lower stratums and check what 10th stratum comes up as. If it's 3 units or all melee I go in. If it's like 5 units, an archer and 2 casters fuck that.

armored one is never happening, my highest armor is a -atk sheena at 20 and she already can't damage anything. I'd have to level the free Draug and my two Gwendolyns.

Flying is possible but the team will be lopsided and all 4*. I'd probably do Camilla, Catria, Caeda...and I dunno. No ranged allowed on this team and I don't have Hinoka for the attack/speed buff. I've got a Cordelia with bad IVs and a Subaki with great ones that I think I might level just to have him for PVE maps where he'd be situationally useful, like the last grand hero battle.

Cavalry is gonna be the blarblade Ursula with cavalry buffs pony show.

Rodin

The tier list is ridiculous, no way Reinhardt is A+ lol.

I put him in my team with Lucina, Nina and Kagero to gain some extra points in the arena and i breezed through advanced duels thanks to him. I met 4 guys with Takumi, one of them even had Chrom, Hector and Azura, and i smashed them without a problem. Thanks to his range Reinhardt can get to Takumi easily and he'll strike twice before Takumi kills him with his blow. But then he has half HP or less and any other unit i have can easily destroy him.

Did i mention that Reinhardt is level 21 and i didn't unlock any of his abilities because i want to unlock his 300 SP weapon/skill as soon as possible? Yeah. Now image what happens when he's level 40 with all of his skills.

MrDaravon

Yet another full 5 summon and I got 5 3* units, feels bad man :(. I think this is either the 3rd or 4th time I've had that happen.

I play on android and got the free f.Robin which is neat since I didn't have Robin at all at least. Still playing super casually and don't have anyone at the level cap yet so all of the skill inheritance talk is way over my head at the moment lol. There's a weird disconnect for me with the game where you have in depth mechanics like that and team building is important etc but then we have small maps with 4 player teams and no prep phase. I feel like it's just barely preventing me from being way more into the game than I am now.

Keeping 1 of each char. If I get a dupe it's skills will go to some 5 star. If there's no good skills available then merge it goes.

Just filling up all the skill slots on chars goes far

Quixzlizx

I can't figure out what to put into Ephraim's A slot. I might just give him Def +3 to make him tankier. Anyone have any better suggestions?

He's my blue Eirika for my Nino team, so I have Rally Defense and Hone Spd on him already. I'm thinking either Sol or Noontime as his special, and Quick Riposte for the B slot, although I may just keep Seal Def on him in the end.

Sushen

I think my 5* Fir has stats for 4* Fir. Attack is only 33 at level 40. Possibly lowest attack point for 5* if it's intended.

Checking up IV Calculator, it's definitely way lower than even lower setting.

Mupod

I can't figure out what to put into Ephraim's A slot. I might just give him Def +3 to make him tankier. Anyone have any better suggestions?

He's my blue Eirika for my Nino team, so I have Rally Defense and Hone Spd on him already. I'm thinking either Sol or Noontime as his special, and Quick Riposte for the B slot, although I may just keep Seal Def on him in the end.

Fury maybe, especially if you find you're using him for buffing more than attacking.

I think my 5* Fir has stats for 4* Fir. Attack is only 33 at level 40. Possibly lowest attack point for 5* if it's intended.

Checking up IV Calculator, it's definitely way lower than even lower setting.

33 attack is what a -atk Fir would have. 22 +11 weapon damage. And I thought my 40 attack Lyn was a 0x2 tickle machine.

So, I bought some birthday orbs and did a couple summonings...

Azura (actually the blue performer I was looking for).
Eirika.
Roy (dupe) for Triangle Adept on someone (?).
Plus other skills fodder I haven't even kept track of...

I'm leveling Alfonse, Anna, and Azura now using Olivia.

Quixzlizx

Fury maybe, especially if you find you're using him for buffing more than attacking.

33 attack is what a -atk Fir would have. 22 +11 weapon damage. And I thought my 40 attack Lyn was a 0x2 tickle machine.

I want him to be tanky, and Fury would knock him out of Quick Riposte range.

FeD.nL

Eirika.

Congrats with your birthday and the pulls!

Would love to get a Azura, Eirika is great as well.

I think eventually they will raise the level cap.

The SP solution is to get a duplicate character, train them up, and then merge them into the first, which transfers the SP over.

I guess, ah well 10 stratum grinding for now.

Did they say they had anything in store for SP? If not, I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon outside of grinding high level stratum and getting those 3 SP for killing blows (and unit sacrifices)

Not that I know of, was more speculating on what (if) they might add anything to help with SP.

any good skills to equip Ninian (+def/-hp) with? Her Escape route seems like a good skill to have especially since she is low on HP. I am thinking about Darting Blow for her A skill (33+Hone speed+darting blow=43) so if she ever does attack she will have the speed to double many. Perhaps moonbow as a special?

Also do you guys think Breath of Life would work on Effie as a C skill? Her mobility always puts her near someone and would be nice if I decide to put Fury on Ninian (who will always be near her) or someone else.

Totakeke

any good skills to equip Ninian (+def/-hp) with? Her Escape route seems like a good skill to have especially since she is low on HP. I am thinking about Darting Blow for her A skill (33+Hone speed+darting blow=43) so if she ever does attack she will have the speed to double many. Perhaps moonbow as a special?

Also do you guys think Breath of Life would work on Effie as a C skill? Her mobility always puts her near someone and would be nice if I decide to put Fury on Ninian (who will always be near her) or someone else.

Darting Blow and Moonbow are a lot of resources to put into Ninian which doesn't attack that often.

Breath of Life seems wasted on Efffie who probably doesn't attack as often as other characters, but that depends how good you think Breath of Life is.

Darting Blow and Moonbow are a lot of resources to put into Ninian which doesn't attack that often.

Breath of Life seems wasted on Efffie who probably doesn't attack as often as other characters, but that depends how good you think Breath of Life is.

Thanks! I guess since Effie and Ninian will be close a Hone/fortify something would be good on Effie's C slot or threaten defense.

Edit: actually threaten defense would be great and negate the low attack of Eirika and soften blues for Robin.

Wichu

just got robin from a summoning pull, dude got his own animation and everything! lol

is this normal?

Yep. The original 8 banner units (Marth/Lucina/Tiki/Robin/Lyn/Roy/Camilla/Takumi) all have unique summoning animations, even if you don't pull them at 5* (Robin can't even be pulled at 5* any more).

Alucrid

Banned
btw this is few hours old, but since no one posted it here....
they're having daily twitter quiz poll, 3 stage of difficulties with 5 questions each. different prize for each difficulties, with extra prizes if all 15 questions are correctly answered
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/843021007875014656
1st question is about the name of good side group unit for this game
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/843021889190617088
correct answer is the 3rd one

do we actually have to vote on this or can we just leech off everyone else

Mupod

Holding out for the eventual Dark Flier / Malig Knight unit.

I feel like there's a reason we haven't seen these or bow pegasus units yet. If you had no ranged then they could stay in the water, trees or mountains and be unhittable. I could see a bigger game update making them work, with melee units like pirates that can go in water etc.

just got robin from a summoning pull, dude got his own animation and everything! lol

is this normal?

yes, certain units have a special summoning animation. The annoying thing about Robin is it happens on his 3* and 4* versions. I have four 4* Robins and while he's my favorite unit I'm sick of getting hyped up for a millisecond when it starts playing.

they're having daily twitter quiz poll, 3 stage of difficulties with 5 questions each. different prize for each difficulties, with extra prizes if all 15 questions are correctly answered

looks like 1 orb getting it correct in round 1, 500 feathers for round 2, and 1 orb + 500 feathers for round 3. And 10 orbs + 5000 feathers for all answers correct. Well, that'd be nice.

do we actually have to vote on this or can we just leech off everyone else

Sounds like it'll be a payout to everyone based on the poll answers being correct. Seems like 60% of people picked the right one this time

Windforce

Eirika.

Grats on bday and Azura/Eirika. Dancers are great (I use Olivia) and Eirika is great support too (I use her on my main team comp).

Sölf

And english version would be nice, so we could actually read what is written where. D:

Grats on bday and Azura/Eirika. Dancers are great (I use Olivia) and Eirika is great support too (I use her on my main team comp).

Thanks! I really need to read up on team composition! I'm oblivious to the meta and just tend to use Lucina, Takumi, and Camilla. I guess I can bring Azura now since she's tankier than Olivia, but I'm trying to find spots for Linde, Nino (once promoted), and Eirika.

Quixzlizx

Thanks! I really need to read up on team composition! I'm oblivious to the meta and just tend to use Lucina, Takumi, and Camilla. I guess I can bring Azura now since she's tankier than Olivia, but I'm trying to find spots for Linde, Nino (once promoted), and Eirika.

Nino and Eirika are a natural pair.

Sushen

Yea. I have like 5 of him, 3 of which are 3*, and that summoning animation is the biggest troll.

Yeah, summon animation for non-5* unit is one of the top trolls in the games. Others include:

* Giving you 5* unit with -Atk/Spd: what's the point? Getting a 5* unit is hard already
* Giving you 5* trashy units that are worse than most decent 4* units...why? why?

Whoa, I got my highest score yet. I have 4526 Offense, and I shot up to rank 3744. Unfortunately, I don't have any Defense scores.

It's so much easier now that I'm going up against Hectors. I faced 4 of them in my perfect run. He's basically a free win for me. My team handles the other meta threats surprisingly well with their current skills.

How much does your Defense affect your overall rank?

PK Gaming

Cecilia is pretty broken now. For reference, with Nino's tome she can potentially reach 69 attack. (45 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6). Then 6 more with Death Blow to reach a staggering 75 81, which basically let's her OHKO nearly the entire metagame.

sDSKAOwZ1W6UBzUxYjohJQVJk-Z3TN2zSCacUgbOn-E.png

Quixzlizx

Cecilia is pretty broken now. For reference, with Nino's tome she can potentially reach 69 attack. (45 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6). Then 6 more with Death Blow to reach a staggering 75, which basically let's her OHKO nearly the entire metagame.

My Nino can get to 63 with nobody but Ephraim buffing her. 65 including Fury 2.

Cecilia is pretty broken now. For reference, with Nino's tome she can potentially reach 69 attack. (45 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6). Then 6 more with Death Blow to reach a staggering 75, which basically let's her OHKO nearly the entire metagame.

You forgot the +6 attack counts twice, so that's 81 with Death Blow.

Quixzlizx

You forgot the +6 attack counts twice, so that's 81 with Death Blow.

1. It wouldn't, because in this scenario the weapon already received a +6 bonus from a +6 attack buff.

2. I don't even know whether Death Blow would trigger the weapon's buff, anyway. Temporary combat bonuses like Spur don't trigger it.

That is wrong.
\/\/

1. It wouldn't, because in this scenario the weapon already received a +6 bonus from a +6 attack buff.

2. I don't even know whether Death Blow would trigger the weapon's buff, anyway. Temporary combat bonuses like Spur don't trigger it.

That is wrong.
\/\/

I'm talking about Hone Calvary's +6 attack stacking with Gronnblade+ for an extra +6.

In other words 45 (base)+6 (Hone Calvary's attack buff)+24 (Gronnblade buffs)+6 (Death Blow)=81.

PK Gaming

That is wrong.
\/\/

Even if it's 75 attack, that's still absurdly strong. Especially since Cecilia has above average movement and disgusting OHKO potential (she can OHKO reds like Lucina). Nino cannot.

EDIT:

Cecilia attacks. Attack is boosted by 24 [Gronnblade+]. Triangle disadvantage reduces attack by 20%. 46 damage dealt.
Lucina HP: 43 → 0

rmKXRQr.png

Yea I took the dive with Ursula knowing she will be featured in at least the next season, maybe two. Gave her Blarblade (4* version) and while I was pilfering Odin I took moonbow as well. Oh boy! Even at 4* she packs a punch. Gave Elise Hone Calvary, so next season it will be:

Reinhardt, Elise, Eldigan, Ursula.

Would be an interesting surprise if I put Elise as my team leader next season.

Ps Luna is amazing on Reinhardt. Since he always strikes twice the second unit he goes after is a guaranteed kill outside of green.

For a neutral Attack Eirika what would be better: Draconic Aura or Luna?

I think Luna or moonbow. Moonbow is just a lesser version of Luna but it has a lower charge time so it would proc on most encounters since she has high speed. Initiate attack-enemy attacks-Eirika follows up with Moonbow. Makes her dangerous to Hector even. Luna could really do some damage though if you are ok with her getting into multiple scuffs, or using her to bait before retaliating.

Yea I took the dive with Ursula knowing she will be featured in at least the next season, maybe two. Gave her Blarblade (4* version) and while I was pilfering Odin I took moonbow as well. Oh boy! Even at 4* she packs a punch. Gave Elise Hone Calvary, so next season it will be:

Reinhardt, Elise, Eldigan, Ursula.

Would be an interesting surprise if I put Elise as my team leader next season.

Ps Luna is amazing on Reinhardt. Since he always strikes twice the second unit he goes after is a guaranteed kill outside of green.

I think Luna or moonbow. Moonbow is just a lesser version of Luna but it has a lower charge time so it would proc on most encounters since she has high speed. Initiate attack-enemy attacks-Eirika follows up with Moonbow. Makes her dangerous to Hector even. Luna could really do some damage though if you are ok with her getting into multiple scuffs, or using her to bait before retaliating.

Sounds like you'll be having fun. For some people, this is all that matters.

I'm not bothered to grind that much, especially since such a team doesn't get high Arena scores. I'm all about maximizing my feather gain. I'll get Karel to max level, and I'll be on autopilot for the next few weeks.

Sounds like you'll be having fun. For some people, this is all that matters.

I'm not bothered to grind that much, especially since such a team doesn't get high Arena scores. I'm all about maximizing my feather gain. I'll get Karel to max level, and I'll be on autopilot for the next few weeks.

Calvary is tons of fun. Saw you post earlier your arena score and we have similar scores. What is your team?

This season I am running Eirika, Nino, Rienhardt, Eldigan. And have nearly 10 defensive wins.

Sushen

Calvary is tons of fun. Saw you post earlier your arena score and we have similar scores. What is your team?

This season I am running Eirika, Nino, Rienhardt, Eldigan. And have nearly 10 defensive wins.
I got only one defensive win, but hit 4000 for the first time for me... I used to get 3-4 defensive wins with lesser teams. hmm.

The current team is all 5* level 40: Lucina, Epraim, Reinhardt, and Sanaki.

Did my run with Sanaki, Marth, Linde, and Nowi. I don't really have a solid defense team for the current yet. I stopped getting Defense wins last season.

I'll just mix and match units together of different levels to see if something actually happens.

I still need to find out if/how Defense affects Rank.

I got only one defensive win, but hit 4000 for the first time for me... I used to get 3-4 defensive wins with lesser teams. hmm.

Did my run with Sanaki, Marth, Linde, and Nowi. I don't really have a solid defense team for the current yet. I stopped getting Defense wins last season.

I'll just mix and match units together of different levels to see if something actually happens.

I still need to find out if/how Defense affects Rank.

I think red mages are a bit out matched right now. With all the Reinhardt's and especially Robin's running around. You'd almost be better to have another sword on your team or a green if you have it, or even an Olivia would make things unpredictable. Mages can be baited to leave their team behind because of their range, and for red mages right now there is a lot of bait out there as most teams are running two to three blues.

Also be sure to unequip any rally skills you have set up as the AI prioritizes that and again can leave you AI unit on an island.

Lastly on defense you only need one kill really. At higher ranks the second your defensive team makes a kill the person will either quit or allow your other units to pick them off with out a fight. That's why dancers are so good on defense.

Far as I'm aware defense has zero impact on your rank. I think it is just an ego contest of I got more wins than you. So long as you get the highest feather reward I think that's all that matters.

I don't actually have Sanaki on my defense team. Good tips, and good to see Defense doesn't hurt Rank.

I'll rework my defense, even though 500 Feathers isn't a huge loss. Sanaki has been useful on offense, but she will be dropped from my offensive team next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom