• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wichu

15 damage? That shouldn't be right.

49 * 1.5 (poison dagger) * 0.6 (Triangle Adept weapon disadvantage) = 44. 44 - 29 (neutral Robin Def) = 15.

On the backswing, 43 * 1.4 (Triangle Adept weapon advantage) = 60. 60 - 28 (neutral Kagero Res) = 32.

Robin is a beast.

Question, is there a reason I should use Brash Assault over Vantage if I have access to both? I think I'm kind of having trouble understanding what Brash Assault does exactly, tbh.

Brash Assault: When below 50% HP and initiate against a target capable of countering (i.e. a melee unit can't use this against a ranged unit and vice versa), allows a follow-up attack (a.k.a. double) even if you're as slow as Alfonse and up against Hana.

Notes:
Does not negate an enemy's ability to double; if you fail to kill, a fast enough target will hit you twice back.
Order in this case is Attacker -> Defender -> Attacker -> Defender
Lyn's Sol Katti may change this to Attacker -> Attacker -> Defender -> Defender
Wary Fighter supersedes Brash Assault and Quick Riposte; will disable them.
-Breaker skills supersede Wary Fighter, Brash Assault, and Quick Riposte; will disable them

I suppose it has its uses on slow but strong and durable characters armed with Brave weapons. More a fan of Quick Riposte for slow characters though or Darting Blow / Defiant Spd + Desperation for quick-enough Brave weapon users.

I'm trying to combine my healers into one. Which should be the to keep among Wrys, Lissa and Sakura?

Personally recommend one of the mounted ones as they can inherit much better support skills like Hone Cavalry, but if you insist on non-mounted healers, either Lissa or Sakura.

Both Lissa and Wrys have terrible Spd, but at a quick glance I don't think Lissa will immediately die to any archers regardless of getting doubled unlike Wrys who has a bit too much stacked on Res.

Between Lissa and Sakura, Sakura has 5 more Spd (and 2 more Atk...) in exchange for 3 HP and 4 Def. The extra Spd stops Sakura from getting murdered by Kagero unlike Lissa, but the lost HP gets her murdered by Linde unlike Lissa.

Anyway to get Eirika (-Atk ughhhhh) able to take down Hector? Literally the only reason I am using Roy is because he is a a Hector slayer.

She has 39 Atk. I figure I can Hone attack buff her for 4 and give her death blow 2 for another 4. That'd put her at 47 Atk. Not enough, but with Ninian and desperation she would be fine right?

For the new page.

Also is there a lv 40 Hector to practice on in the story or paralogue maps?

ggx2ac

For the new page.

Also is there a lv 40 Hector to practice on in the story or paralogue maps?

First, remember that you need Hector to attack you so he doesn't trigger Quick Riposte until he hits below 80% health.

Next, if you saw on the last page. The reason Roy does so good against Hector is because of Triangle Adept, it affects the enemy's offense as well by making them deal 40% more or less damage to you depending on the weapon triangle.

You could give Eirika that, otherwise have you thought about using the specials Moonbow or Luna? Moonbow might just be enough since it can trigger quickly.

Edit: Now I'm thinking of giving Triangle Adept to my Female Corrin to deal with red lords more easily.

Achtius

What else is good on Eirika?

I got a +SPD/-DEF. I gave her rally defense. I am thinking either Armored Blow or HP +5 for slot A, and desperation 3 for slot B

Spoit

OK, I'm sold on putting triangle adept on MRobin (even if I'm still waffling on promoting him to 5*). Should I go 2+reposition from selena, or 3 from roy?

lt519

I mean you won't get many defense points either since 9 out of 10 teams I face have Hector. Hector is like the anti-Kagero. Effie you can at least kite around. No such chance against Hector.

I honestly barely ever see Hector. Maybe 1 out of 10 matches. Maybe my team stats aren't high enough.

ggx2ac

Oh, I'm so silly. My Female Corrin already has triangle Adept from getting Reposition off of Selena.

Although it's not level 3, I can't sacrifice my 5* Roy or Cordelia for it. Will wait for another chance.

Basically, I would have decided to increase her speed more but my original idea was Svalinn Shield, since that shield only works with Armoured units, Triangle Adept is pretty much my alternative to reduce damage against Falchion users.

This would be bad for fighting Julia but my Female Corrin can't beat Julia due to her high Res anyway.

Really annoyed that Moonbow and Wings of Mercy 2 are both locked behind the 4* Palla. I have two 3* Pallas, but I don't want to spend any feathers on them.

I'll just wait. I will have loads of free Orbs after this Blazing Shadows banner goes down.

laaame

Can a team with 3 reds possibly work? I pretty sure it can't but I got 3 good 5* reds (Lucina, Tharja, Eirika) in the last banner and I feel it would be a waste not to use them.
The way I see it, Tharja gets a lot of benefits from Eirika, and I'm sure Lucina is that bad of a character either. Bad idea right?

Wichu

Can a team with 3 reds possibly work? I pretty sure it can't but I got 3 good 5* reds (Lucina, Tharja, Eirika) in the last banner and I feel it would be a waste not to use them.
The way I see it, Tharja gets a lot of benefits from Eirika, and I'm sure Lucina is that bad of a character either. Bad idea right?

Please do, so my Robin can get free wins from you in the arena!

(I don't think it's worth running more than two characters of the same colour - do you have any non-red 5*s?)

laaame

Please do, so my Robin can get free wins from you in the arena!

(I don't think it's worth running more than two characters of the same colour - do you have any non-red 5*s?)

I would like to think I am giving back to the community when I offer free wins =P

(Of the other viable 5* I got Abel, Azura, and Jeorge. From using Abel, I know reds are free kills lol. Other 5* would be Hawkeye and Olwen)

Wichu

I would like to think I am giving back to the community when I offer free wins =P

(Of the other viable 5* I got Abel, Azura, and Jeorge. From using Abel, I know reds are free kills lol. Other 5* would be Hawkeye and Olwen)

I think I would go with Lucina/Abel/Jeorge/[Arena bonus unit] for some colour balance. Eirika/Tharja/Azura sounds super fun, but also very weak to blue units, so use that at your own risk.

Sterok

So far I've given Lucina Draw Back and Swordbreaker and Nino Luna and Wings of Mercy. Haven't had the chance to test them out much, but it looks cool.

Now I'm thinking of what to give Male Robin. Right now I'm thinking of giving him Rally Defense and Seal Def from Oboro or Rally Attack and Seal Res from Raigh. I want him to synergize with Nino. I've got Eirika lined up as well to help Nino as well, which might make Rally Attack redundant. But Seal Res makes more sense for Robin. Though Seal Def would help Lucina and Eirika. Decisions decisions.

Wichu

Now I'm thinking of what to give Male Robin. Right now I'm thinking of giving him Rally Defense and Seal Def from Oboro or Rally Attack and Seal Res from Raigh. I want him to synergize with Nino. I've got Eirika lined up as well to help Nino as well, which might make Rally Attack redundant. But Seal Res makes more sense for Robin. Though Seal Def would help Lucina and Eirika. Decisions decisions.

Remember to replace Defiant Spd with Triangle Adept ;)

Out of Seal Def and Seal Res, I would rather have Seal Def so you can debuff enemy melee units, then move in your own melee unit and attack into the debuff. Seal Res is only useful if the enemy attacks you first, and even then its utility seems questionable. A red unit attacking you probably dies to your attack even without Seal Res, you can't do anything to green units, and blue units don't need a debuff to get nuked by Nino.

Also your team is looking similar to what I have planned (once I have enough feathers). I'm building up to Robin/Eirika/Nino/Olivia.

First, remember that you need Hector to attack you so he doesn't trigger Quick Riposte until he hits below 80% health.

Next, if you saw on the last page. The reason Roy does so good against Hector is because of Triangle Adept, it affects the enemy's offense as well by making them deal 40% more or less damage to you depending on the weapon triangle.

You could give Eirika that, otherwise have you thought about using the specials Moonbow or Luna? Moonbow might just be enough since it can trigger quickly.

Edit: Now I'm thinking of giving Triangle Adept to my Female Corrin to deal with red lords more easily.

I am trying to keep triangle adept off of her as I think she may be able to take a hit from most blues without it, then again in the current way things are going aka one shot everything she would be susceptible to blues with or without it.

I am worried I would have too many blues. Eirika, Effie, Robin, Ninian. But greens aren't to prevalent and with triangle adept Eirika can bait Nino and Julia, and Ninian gives movement to get people out of harms way.

Sterok

Remember to replace Defiant Spd with Triangle Adept ;)

Out of Seal Def and Seal Res, I would rather have Seal Def so you can debuff enemy melee units, then move in your own melee unit and attack into the debuff. Seal Res is only useful if the enemy attacks you first, and even then its utility seems questionable. A red unit attacking you probably dies to your attack even without Seal Res, you can't do anything to green units, and blue units don't need a debuff to get nuked by Nino.

Also your team is looking similar to what I have planned (once I have enough feathers). I'm building up to Robin/Eirika/Nino/Olivia.

Went with Rally Defense and Seal Def. I think it'll go over well.

Hazu

What's the best team I can make out of these heroes?

1489804427-17265168-10155109247839860-4041184230580600468-n.jpg

Weird I saw this brought up several times, but when I stick my Hector in Effie's face, he doubles her on counterattack everytime. Maybe Armads is somehow different from normal Quick Riposte?

Admittedly, it's not something I've been able to personally confirm. Don't have anyone with Quick Riposte. Do have a Brash Assault user in Hinata (and even levelled him to 40 before finding out that wasn't necessary for inheritance), but sending him, a ruby sword user, against Effie didn't seem like a good idea even if he was at full health, let alone half. lol

Kenai

What's the best team I can make out of these heroes?

1489804427-17265168-10155109247839860-4041184230580600468-n.jpg

Depending on who has the better Bane/Boon and available sacrifices, I'd choose between Effie, Nowi and Lucina for your front line, and either Jaffar, Julia or Klein for backline with Ninian being the fourth general support.

For example, I'd almost definitely use Effie is she had a -Spd nature, since I see you have a few Brave Lance sacrifices you can use (she can also make good use of your healer, and healers care about natures less than most units besides Dancers). If Nowi has a tanky nature you can load her up with stuff like Quick Riposte/Vantage and she will trade well with almost anyone. Lucina is good in general as a unit and will also trade well, although depending on you other choices (likely at least 2 blue units) you may want to run Roy if he has a good Boon just to deal with Hector and other greens.

It looks like you have a +Res -Hp Lucina, which while not the worst combo isn't ideal. So if your Julia or Nino has a good Boon you can run her instead, and Julia can be your Dragon killer unit and Nino is also solid in general on attack. That makes you lack a red though, and she can work just fine alongside Lucina if you want. If Jaffar can inherit stuff like Poison Dagger he can be incredibly deadly with Ninian and ORKO a large part of the cast with all the proceeding chip damage from his dagger + passives. This is also the case with Klein too with Brave Bow > Dance > Brave Bow. He won't be as good against tanks and general units as a Poison Dagger Jaffar, but he will be able to smash through a lot of common squishie units like Nino, Takumi, Linde and Sanaki before they can even counterattack.

Just my general analysis, but the one definite answer without knowing more about their Banes is that running Ninian is likely the right answer.

Hi guys! I feel like this game's swept by me in the past few weeks, especially with skill inheritance. I've completed the story and paralogues and have the following 5* at 40:

Lucina (+ATK/-RES)
Linde (+HP/-RES)
Camilla (neutral)
Takumi (+HP/-ATK) (is this terrible?)
MRobin (+SPD/-ATK) (same?)
Effie (+HP/-DEF)

The other 5* I have are:

Marth
Lyn
Roy
Minerva
Lachesis
Eldigan

Other "good" units I have are: Nowi (+DEF/-RES), Nino (+ATK and ... no bane, apparently?), and FCorrin (all at 4*). What skills should I try to inherit, and on which characters?

Finally finished the infantry training quest thanks to Linde, Lyn, Olivia and Maria. Hopefully I can get some of my other units up to par to try for the other ones.

Speaking of Linde, what's a good skill to give her?

Quixzlizx

Am I missing something? Nino has 54 attack, then receives Rally Defense, then... stays at 54 attack? Do rally buffs not trigger it?

Edit: I am missing something. Since I've only ever had attack buffs on my team before now, I didn't realize that the added damage is only calculated in the combat screen.

Jims

What do you guys think about Draug for Wary Fighter? Got en extra 4* Effie and it's either him or Sheena. Draug gets a Brave Sword naturally, which gives him that cheap doubling advantage. A lot of his skills are empty (Support, A-skill), so he seems like he could be an interesting project too. Could get Brave Sword+ if I promote him to 5*. He seems way better immediately by swapping Lunge for Wary Fighter.

Sheena, on the other hand, has a Killer Axe and Svalinn Shield naturally, which could be nice as a super-bulky build. Wall out the enemy and keep charging that special.

Also, what do people think about the other Green Mages inheriting Nino's set (Gronnblade/Draw Back)? Cecilia seems like she could be interesting, with her higher movement ability and having Escape Route.

Juni_

Hi guys! I feel like this game's swept by me in the past few weeks, especially with skill inheritance. I've completed the story and paralogues and have the following 5* at 40:

Lucina (+ATK/-RES)
Linde (+HP/-RES)
Camilla (neutral)
Takumi (+HP/-ATK) (is this terrible?)
MRobin (+SPD/-ATK) (same?)
Effie (+HP/-DEF)

The other 5* I have are:

Marth
Lyn
Roy
Minerva
Lachesis
Eldigan

Other "good" units I have are: Nowi (+DEF/-RES), Nino (+ATK and ... no bane, apparently?), and FCorrin (all at 4*). What skills should I try to inherit, and on which characters?

You're Nino's bane is probably res since she has res +3 which is pretty good.

You're Nino's bane is probably res since she has res +3 which is pretty good.

Dude, you're right. Thank you. Alright, she's definitely the next to promote.

I did another couple rounds of summoning (because why not, I guess?) and got another 5* Roy, which means I can pass along Triangle Adept. And a 4* Seliph, for Brash Assault 3 too, at some point.

What do you guys think about Draug for Wary Fighter? Got en extra 4* Effie and it's either him or Sheena. Draug gets a Brave Sword naturally, which gives him that cheap doubling advantage. A lot of his skills are empty (Support, A-skill), so he seems like he could be an interesting project too. Could get Brave Sword+ if I promote him to 5*. He seems way better immediately by swapping Lunge for Wary Fighter.

Sheena, on the other hand, has a Killer Axe and Svalinn Shield naturally, which could be nice as a super-bulky build. Wall out the enemy and keep charging that special.

Also, what do people think about the other Green Mages inheriting Nino's set (Gronnblade/Draw Back)? Cecilia seems like she could be interesting, with her higher movement ability and having Escape Route.

Draug has really good speed actually, so wary fighter isn't too great. You;d be better off giving him something else in the B slot, like drag back to pull an enemy into more armor units or Sword Breaker to double those pesky red lords on your speed ties. Also, because of his speed I don't think a brave sword is the best thing for him due to its speed drop. His good speed is a solid defensive trait that should be embraced if you ask me.

Kenai

Pulled Ninan with my last 4 orbs! She is -Spd so I was a little sad since a +Spd Luncina/Marth and Neutral Linde will double attack her, but hopefully with Spur Speed from Erika/Marth and passives that will be less of an issue. Just happy to get her.

Jims

Draug has really good speed actually, so wary fighter isn't too great. You;d be better off giving him something else in the B slot, like drag back to pull an enemy into more armor units or Sword Breaker to double those pesky red lords on your speed ties. Also, because of his speed I don't think a brave sword is the best thing for him due to its speed drop. His good speed is a solid defensive trait that should be embraced if you ask me.

Good point. I still have 3 levels to go, but he's already at 30 speed while wielding a Steel Sword. I get nervous with him around ranged units, but that's probably enough speed to at least be able to approach most units. My idea with Wary Fighter was that even if he goes down to 25 speed, he can at least double everyone on the follow-up. Way more ideal for a unit like Effie with all that attack, however. You'd have to dump every resource into attack to make that strategy more viable.

He's an interesting character, with all that defense and speed. Could try cranking up his attack as high as possible (Silver Sword + Death Blow). Sword Breaker sounds great on him as well. Ruby Sword + Sword Breaker could be a versatile setup for him. Could beef up that defense instead.

ggx2ac

Ninian is so good to use with my Female Corrin, it just sucks I won't be able to keep using her in arena once they remove her from the bonus hero selection.

It's very lame.

FeD.nL

I wonder what they have in store for SP?

Pay x amount of feathers to reset a characters level (keep SP)
Give infinite levels at 40 (kinda like paragon levels in Diablo 3)
Just outright buy with orbs
Transfer crystals into SP

I just hope it comes soon.

Kenai

Which would make for a better Ninian? +Spd/-Def or +Res/-Atk?

+Speed is probably best. I am not sure a -Def nature would survive the single it from Falcions without support, but at least you aren't getting double attacked.

Did they say they had anything in store for SP? If not, I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon outside of grinding high level stratum and getting those 3 SP for killing blows (and unit sacrifices)

ggx2ac

I'm trying to think of what skills to give to Ninian even though I won't be able to use her continuously for arena.

I was thinking Fury would be good but then realised Triangle Adept would work to take less damage as well against Falchion users.

Now, whether to choose an offensive special or defensive special.

ggx2ac

Eirika having Rally Defense has been awesome. Not just for buffing Nino but for buffing Female Corrin. Since I won't get to use Ninian when the arena seasons for her as a bonus hero end, Rally Defense is a good substitute making Female Corrin take less damage.

Now I'm wondering whether I should forget giving Female Corrin Reposition and instead have her use Rally Resistance since Nino would then get +3 Atk, +4 Spd, +4 Def, +4 Res from buffs increasing her damage by 18, and even up to 22 damage because my Female Corrin has Spur Attack.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I think eventually they will raise the level cap.

The SP solution is to get a duplicate character, train them up, and then merge them into the first, which transfers the SP over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom