• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me if I'm onto something?

I was thinking that Ephriam has decent atk and def, but his low speed is his main problem. My Ephriam is +HP -atk, which makes him even tankier.

Would it make sense to turn him into a physical tank with buffing abilities? Defense 3 would take his defense close to 40, and Wary Fighter would get around his low speed - it's not like he's going to double anyone anyway. He'd probably be almost as tanky as an armored unit, but without the movement disadvantage.

I could replace his C skill with some adjacent speed buff as well to turn him into Eirika with a lance, though I'm not sure about that since Threaten Def is a pretty good skill in itself.

I think you got the right idea. I think I would keep threaten Def since it seems you're inviting attacks into him and that would help negate his -Atk nature. Does Ephraim have a tag along you could put Hone Atk on?

Gotchaye

Wait a sec, I completely forgot about inheriting Rally abilities. Is there any reason not to just put a whole array of buffs on my people? I have SO many 3* Oboros that could be handing out Rally Defense. And a Gaius I will never use otherwise.

There's also abilities like Draw Back as well. The nice thing is these abilities don't require high star level and are easy to inherit.

I think the main argument against Rally abilities is that they conflict with the high-utility movement abilities, and the same function can mostly be performed by type-C skills. But yes, giving everyone a useful Assist skill is a really easy and low-SP upgrade.

750 to inherit a + weapon and its predecessor, 225 for an assist, 450 - 1200 for a special and predecessor(s) (Aether's inheritable and requires Luna/Sol, right?), 315 - 630 to inherit a passive...If you want to fully customize a character, it'll involve quite a bit of killing~ 'Course, I question the usefulness of a character that needs that much effort. :p

Maybe they should make badges exchangeable for SP? I don't know about you guys, but I'm not gonna be promoting 32 heroes to 5* with all my badges any time soon...

I would bet a lot of money that they announce a way for maxed out 5*s to get more SP in the near future.

^^^^Think that Hero Merit thing will have anything to do with that?

I think the main argument against Rally abilities is that they conflict with the high-utility movement abilities, and the same function can mostly be performed by type-C skills. But yes, giving everyone a useful Assist skill is a really easy and low-SP upgrade.

Also as a poster mentioned on the previous page it makes the AI do incredibly dumb things. For instance if there are two enemies left and one has rally Atk it will waste its movement to rally attack and then the other unit will move out two spaces away making it possible to attack now without fear of a follow up attack by the one that rallied.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think you got the right idea. I think I would keep threaten Def since it seems you're inviting attacks into him and that would help negate his -Atk nature. Does Ephraim have a tag along you could put Hone Atk on?
I hadn't thought of giving anyone Hone Atk, though I was thinking about having Nino in my party so she could always buff him. Ephriam does enough damage to roughly two-shot anyone on his own even with a -atk nature, so I'm trying to focus more on making him tank and support.

I was also thinking about giving Ephriam Reposition (I think I have a 3* Selena lying around somewhere) so that I can initiate an attack with a ranged guy, then have Ephriam pull the ranged guy behind him to tank for the next turn.

Right now the team I have in my head goes something like Lucina + Ephriam + MRobin + maybe Nino? I usually run Lucina + Ephriam + MRobin + bonus character in arena these days and it seems my only real weakness are mass ranged teams that have a green tome user who's hard to reach, or super blue-heavy teams in general. A green tome user would patch that up.

It's kind of weird how I had 0 interest in Ephriam when I first pulled him, but he's proven surprisingly useful to the point where I usually run him instead of Nowi on my teams because of better synergy. Maybe I'm just not using Nowi properly though.

Firemind

I was thinking that Ephriam has decent atk and def, but his low speed is his main problem. My Ephriam is +HP -atk, which makes him even tankier.

Would it make sense to turn him into a physical tank with buffing abilities? Defense 3 would take his defense close to 40, and Wary Fighter would get around his low speed - it's not like he's going to double anyone anyway. He'd probably be almost as tanky as an armored unit, but without the movement disadvantage.

I could replace his C skill with some adjacent speed buff as well to turn him into Eirika with a lance, though I'm not sure about that since Threaten Def is a pretty good skill in itself.
Can't get Wary Fighter onto non-armors.

ggx2ac

I'll repost what I posted two pages back about tanky unit suggestions so you can get an idea.

As mentioned already, you can't use Wary Fighter unless you are an armoured unit.

-------+

Chrom

Falchion
-
Sol
Armoured Blow
Quick Riposte
Threaten Attack

The idea is to make him tanky and reduce damage taken for when he attacks or takes damage.

Since he is pretty slow, Quick Riposte would be helpful to counter and trigger Sol.

Having him self heal from Falchion and Sol would help trigger Quick Riposte again.

----

Seliph

Tyrfing
Rally Speed
Pavise
Armoured Blow
Brash Assault
Threaten Attack

Similar idea to the above, mentioning it because I have a 5* Seliph.

Akuun

I'll repost what I posted two pages back about tanky unit suggestions so you can get an idea.

As mentioned already, you can't use Wary Fighter unless you are an armoured unit.

-------+

Chrom

Falchion
-
Sol
Armoured Blow
Quick Riposte
Threaten Attack

The idea is to make him tanky and reduce damage taken for when he attacks or takes damage.

Since he is pretty slow, Quick Riposte would be helpful to counter and trigger Sol.

Having him self heal from Falchion and Sol would help trigger Quick Riposte again.

----

Seliph

Tyrfing
Rally Speed
Pavise
Armoured Blow
Brash Assault
Threaten Attack

Similar idea to the above, mentioning it because I have a 5* Seliph.
Thanks for the ideas.

Would you choose Armored Blow over Defense? Since you're trying to make the unit tanky, I was thinking Defense would be better since Armored Blow only works when you're initiating attacks yourself. If you were putting your tank up front to lure someone in, Quick Riposte would help you take the attack and fight back, but Armored Blow would only help you if you need to go in and finish off your attacker, which I don't really see happening.

Say on your turn, you place either of these units, at max health, at an enemy's max range to lure him in. On that person's turn, they go in on you, attack you and activate Quick Riposte. So you take one hit and deal two hits back. If your attacker is still alive, you can then attack with Armored Blow on your turn, presumably to finish him off. That's three attacks from you. In this scenario, Armored Blow would only help you if the enemy unit survives three hits from you and attacks back, which I think is unlikely because most units can probably kill another unit in three hits unless they are at a type disadvantage.

On the other hand, Armored Blow would help you play more aggressively I suppose. You could attack on your turn to activate Armored Blow, but then the enemy unit would counterattack and possibly bring your health below the threshold for Quick Riposte, so you might not get the bonus counterattack on the enemy turn. Armored Blow would help against that of course, but I think the better course of action for a tanky unit is to lure somoene in and let them take the first move so that you can guarantee that first Quick Riposte. In which case, Defense might have a better overall effect than Armored Blow.

Those are just my thoughts though. I could be wrong.

Mupod

has anyone done some testing with Triangle Adept Robin? I don't know how to do the math on this exactly but my main goal is to be able to one shot a Kagero with only the +15% version. I have Lucina for Spur Atk and I will try to have a +4 Atk buff from someone else, either Olivia or Nino.

My Robin is +spd -res so a neutral attack nature. I'm not worried about Takumi as they usually only survive with 1-4 hp and Triangle Adept would resolve that issue.

I can easily give him a level 2 Quick Riposte as well which may be quite useful in the role I give him (bait out their archer and murder).

kewlmyc

Should I 5 star Nino or Camilla??

Also would Luna be good on Nino?

Nino if you have a bunch of buffers.

And I would go with Moonbow for Nino. Whatever you can find that has very low turn requirements since her tome adds +1 do her skill timer.

Akuun

Should I 5 star Nino or Camilla??

Also would Luna be good on Nino?
Nino is probably much more viable than Camilla.

Camilla does pretty good damage, but is much more niche in that she also takes a lot of damage from many sources. She can fly in to take out a key unit with her mobility, but it's often a suicide mission and you don't want to lose units if you care about arena score.

Nino on the other hand can be a glass cannon that kills EVERYTHING if you back her up with good buffing units. I've lost three 5* units to a 4* Nino before because I underestimated how strong she was with an Eirika buffing her.

lt519

Is that Jaffar in the next week's arena list? Finally I'll have a useful unit and stop being handicapped 3v4. Haven't been able to hit 4200 this week with a level 27 Jagen.

Also I really really wish they had done this EXP boost yesterday. I plowed through the tower quest rewards and would have loved to level some other characters for getting them from 3* to 5*.

Ninferno

Just noticed that FE:H broke 10 million downloads on Google Play recently, that's no small feat for a relatively niche game. I think this is probably the reason it is featured in the Google Play banner and hence the Android exclusive FemCorrin login bonus as a celebration.

Sushen

So until Apr 3, we can earn 3 free orbs / day.. They are quite generous, no?
I hope that doesn't mean even rarer 5* and more trash units when we summon.

I'll be so busy this weekend trying new skills and raising building a new team that will cut into my Zelda time.

So what's would be better, Bonfire or Ignis? The wikia lied to me and said Henry 4* had Bonfire which he doesn't and instead has Ignis. This is for Effie btw

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just noticed that FE:H broke 10 million downloads on Google Play recently, that's no small feat for a relatively niche game. I think this is probably the reason it is featured in the Google Play banner and hence the Android exclusive FemCorrin login bonus as a celebration.

Keep in mind that a lot of those downloads are probably re-rollers. Many folks rerolled dozens of times.

Draxal

So what's would be better, Bonfire or Ignis? The wikia lied to me and said Henry 4* had Bonfire which he doesn't and instead has Ignis. This is for Effie btw

Bonfire. Shorter CDS are usually always better. But if you are using a Brave Weapon with Effie either or is fine tbh.

Gotchaye

What are you using? This one lists him with Ignis: https://feheroes.wiki/Ignis https://feheroes.wiki/Henry

I feel like Bonfire is probably better. Effie is going to take a while to charge a special. Bonfire at least triggers the second time someone melees her. It's probably sufficient to kill just about any red. That said, I would guess that Draconic Aura is almost always better for her except against some high-Def greens. She's got like 60 attack so Bonfire is only better if they've got more than about 30 Def.

Sölf

What are you using? This one lists him with Ignis: https://feheroes.wiki/Ignis https://feheroes.wiki/Henry

I feel like Bonfire is probably better. Effie is going to take a while to charge a special. Bonfire at least triggers the second time someone melees her. It's probably sufficient to kill just about any red. That said, I would guess that Draconic Aura is almost always better for her except against some high-Def greens. She's got like 60 attack so Bonfire is only better if they've got more than about 30 Def.

I just realize the german translation has an error, because it shows both skills with 50% and I never knew what the hell the difference between both skills is supposed to be, lol.

Mupod

so I stared at the damage formula for a bit and based on my napkin math, with Triangle Adept rank 2 (+15%) my neutral attack Robin (40) when attacking with hone atk +4 (Olivia) and spur attack +4 from Lucina should be able to one shot any type of un-buffed Kagero regardless of IVs. A +Res Takumi with Fury would still be super dead.

And despite what the skill says, I'm hearing that Triangle Adept reduces incoming damage from color disadvantage characters as well?

It does seem like a great skill for his A slot, I can save Darting Blow for Nino instead I guess. As for his B slot, Quick Riposte might not be necessary if he instagibs Vantage Takumi. I did notice that Swordbreaker is learnable but that's probably overkill. Still, it'd come with Draw Back from Sully and that'd be fun.

I think it was the "fireemblem.wikia" one, then again I think they've got a few things wrong in there the last time I looked. Sacrificing one of my many F Corrins for draconic aura sounds better than sacrificing my only Robin for bonfire. I'll look in to it

Achtius

I just realize the source hero doesn't need to learn the skill you want to be inherited. I leveled up a -atk Oboro for no reason =/

PK Gaming

What are some good skills to give to Nowi? Does Quick Riposte work for her ranged counter?

Swordbreaker if you want to effortlessly body Falchion users, Quick Riposte is excellent for ranged users (get wrecked, Takumi)

Threaten Attack is also good on her.

Akuun

Swordbreaker if you want to effortlessly body Falchion users, Quick Riposte is excellent for ranged users (get wrecked, Takumi)

Threaten Attack is also good on her.
Thanks for the suggestions. Swordbreaker sounds like it might be better on defense since the AI isn't as careful about keeping dragons away from Falchion users. Glad to hear that Quick Riposte works too, though that may be redundant if your team has MRobin. Though on the other hand, a Nowi with Quick Riposte would let you drop MRobin for another unit instead.

Hell, MRobin could do with Quick Riposte himself to really wreck grey units.

Threaten attack definitely sounds good, too. Hmm.

I really need more feathers...

...it did? I don't see that

Got Ninian! +Def/-hp, which I'm ok with. Puts her HP low but she is also resilient thanks to +def and already fairly high neutral res and gets escape route.

So I am game planning a couple of things. Would love some help here.

Scenario 1

Effie (+Atk/-spd), Roy (+spd/-res), Eirika (-Atk/+res) and Ninian.

This comp leaves me no range weapon unit. The upside here is there is a lot of buffing, making a team that is resilient, mobile, and packs a punch. Also keeps me from doing the following.

Scenario 2: Roy swallows Eirika.

Hear me out...I would sacrifice Eirika to Roy giving him her weapon and Hone Speed 2.

That would then give me a team of

Roy, Effie, Ninian, M Robin (+Atk/-res)

gaiages

Banned
Question, is there a reason I should use Brash Assault over Vantage if I have access to both? I think I'm kind of having trouble understanding what Brash Assault does exactly, tbh.

Akuun

Got Ninian! +Def/-hp, which I'm ok with. Puts her HP low but she is also resilient thanks to +def and already fairly high neutral res and gets escape route.

So I am game planning a couple of things. Would love some help here.

Scenario 1

Effie (+Atk/-spd), Roy (+spd/-res), Eirika (-Atk/+res) and Ninian.

This comp leaves me no range weapon unit. The upside here is there is a lot of buffing, making a team that is resilient, mobile, and packs a punch.
There is a lot of buffing, but you may have trouble against ranged units and fliers on confined maps like the two bridges map or the lava map. There isn't enough space to knock people where you want them to go with Smite/Shove on some maps.

Scenario 2: Roy swallows Eirika.

Hear me out...I would sacrifice Eirika to Roy giving him her weapon and Hone Speed 2.

That would then give me a team of

Roy, Effie, Ninian, M Robin (+Atk/-res)
Check if Roy can use Eirika's weapon. Eirika's weapon might be unique to her.

lt519

Pulled the trigger on 5* Kagero. Going to work on getting Kagero back to level 40 and have both 5* Kagero and Jaffar as a troll defense team with Nino and Robin in the arena next season. Maybe throw Olivia in there instead of Nino. Ideally I'd pull a Ninian I can throw in there instead.

Not entirely sure two ninja's are going to be that annoying but my current "well balanced" defense team isn't pulling its weight in the Arena. I'll put Vantage 3 on Kagero and have Jaffar capable of pulling her back after attacking if I want. Renewal 3 on Robin to help him tank.

Fuck this game! No blue for 3 sets. Also, I am opening the occasional grey but I am far from chasing them. So far the game gave me 5* Maria, Elise and now my rate up just reset on a 5* Sakura, having to pick something to back out of the screen. The hell am I suppose to do with 3 5* Healers...

There is a lot of buffing, but you may have trouble against ranged units and fliers on confined maps like the two bridges map or the lava map. There isn't enough space to knock people where you want them to go with Smite/Shove on some maps.

Check if Roy can use Eirika's weapon. Eirika's weapon might be unique to her.

Booo you can't. Oh well I think I will still go with Robin (guy has 1100 sp ready to burn) in place of Eirika. Have no idea what to spend it on though.

Darting blow 3 and Sword Breaker for Robin? Would make him much more effective against red units.

Quixzlizx

I'm thinking Fury 2, Desperation 3, Moonbow for Nino. I do technically have one 4* Hinata with Fury 3, but I'm thinking Nino might be fine with Fury 2 since 8 damage will trigger Desperation with her low HP total.

I'm also tempted to put Threaten Res on her, but her Hone Attack does buff everyone who's buffing her...

I'm also thinking of turning Ephraim into a lance-using Eirika. I'd give him Hone Speed 3 and Rally Defense. I think I'd also eventually want to replace his Moonbow with one of the healing specials, and give him Quick Riposte. He only has 384 SP, though, lol.

ferr

Really leaning towards upgrading a RobinM to 5*. Looks like he's -HP/+DEF.

I may give him Roy's Triangle Adept 3 (A) and Lon'qu's Vantage 3 (B). Triangle Adept plus his colorless adv weapon skill would make him pwn hard.

Maybe Savage Blow 3 (C).. not sure.

I also have a 4* Camilla I've been considering, but she seems to be dropping on the tier list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom