• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm also thinking of turning Ephraim into a lance-using Eirika. I'd give him Hone Speed 3 and Rally Defense. I think I'd also eventually want to replace his Moonbow with one of the healing specials, and give him Quick Riposte. He only has 384 SP, though, lol.
Crap, my Ephriam is probably also very low on SP because I only pulled him near the end of his banner.

What do you think you'll put on his A slot? I keep bouncing between Defense, Res and HP. HP would make him more durable overall since his resistance isn't great, but Defense might make him very very durable against physical attackers. Res would make him better against mages and dragons, but on the other hand I could always use a different unit to lure those if necessary.

PK Gaming

I'm thinking Fury 2, Desperation 3, Moonbow for Nino. I do technically have one 4* Hinata with Fury 3, but I'm thinking Nino might be fine with Fury 2 since 8 damage will trigger Desperation with her low HP total.

I'm also tempted to put Threaten Res on her, but her Hone Attack does buff everyone who's buffing her...

I'm also thinking of turning Ephraim into a lance-using Eirika. I'd give him Hone Speed 3 and Rally Defense. I think I'd also eventually want to replace his Moonbow with one of the healing specials, and give him Quick Riposte. He only has 384 SP, though, lol.

Now there's an idea...!

Firemind

Pulled the trigger on 5* Kagero. Going to work on getting Kagero back to level 40 and have both 5* Kagero and Jaffar as a troll defense team with Nino and Robin in the arena next season. Maybe throw Olivia in there instead of Nino. Ideally I'd pull a Ninian I can throw in there instead.

Not entirely sure two ninja's are going to be that annoying but my current "well balanced" defense team isn't pulling its weight in the Arena. I'll put Vantage 3 on Kagero and have Jaffar capable of pulling her back after attacking if I want. Renewal 3 on Robin to help him tank.
You need a red unit for Hector. Otherwise he's going to oneshot your entire team.

lt519

You need a red unit for Hector. Otherwise he's going to oneshot your entire team.

Haha that's fine, this is just to see how much Defense I can rack up. I doubt I'll actually run offense with both ninjas. My Nino, Robin, Subaki/Hinoka, Roy defensive team is just not cutting it. I used to get ~10 defenses a week and I've only had 2 in the past three seasons.

An amped up Kagero won't be able to kill Hector?

Guys, should I just promote +DEF/-HP Nowi to 5*? She has a very healthy supply of SP that will help with skill inheritance. This nature makes her a little more susceptible to mages, but it really doesn't seem that bad.

I won't be doing any more summons until the next batch of Heroes rolls out, so I'll be stuck with my current ones for a few weeks.

Looking back, I made premature decisions on skill inheritance. I think I did a reasonable job with Marth and Jakob, but I was very suboptimal with Linde. She only has 220 SP, so it will be absolute hell to get the skills I really want on her.

PK Gaming

Guys, should I just promote +DEF/-HP Nowi to 5*? She has a very healthy supply of SP that will help with skill inheritance. This nature makes her a little more susceptible to mages, but it really doesn't seem that bad.

I won't be doing any more summons until the next batch of Heroes rolls out, so I'll be stuck with my current ones for a few weeks.

Looking back, I made premature decisions on skill inheritance. I think I did a reasonable job with Marth and Jakob, but I was very suboptimal with Linde. She only has 220 SP, so it will be absolute hell to get the skills I really want on her.

Definitely

That's one of her best natures, even

Mupod

I've had a +def -res 4* Nowi for a long time but she always felt too slow to use. That's probably fixable with skills now but she'd fill a similar niche to Robin and he's my MVP.

I've had a +def -res 4* Nowi for a long time but she always felt too slow to use. That's probably fixable with skills now but she'd fill a similar niche to Robin and he's my MVP.

Robin is everyone's MVP. Now that I know how Sword breaker works and after I give him triangle adept, he is going to be The GOAT. My one issue with him is he couldn't one shot things and this would resolve that.

I'd say if you can't give a good skill to someone just give them a cheap rally buff just so that if you are in a situation where you can't actually use them they can at least buff someone who can do the job

Akuun

I think 5* Nowi is a good tank, especially with her counterattack. Being blue means that even Falchion users need to at least have a decent amount of health left when taking her on.

Having said that, one downside to her is that she doesn't have adjacent buffing skills (though Rally Def is good), which is bad if you don't have someone else on your team who can fill that role. I used to use her a lot, but these days I've found myself replacing her with Ephriam for his attack buff.

Really can't decide who to give Vantage 3 to between Hector and Takumi. Any advice on who gets the biggest benefit from it?

Also would love some suggestions on filling out Azura's slots, particularly her special. There's so many to choose from!

Mupod

Really can't decide who to give Vantage 3 to between Hector and Takumi. Any advice on who gets the biggest benefit from it?

Also would love some suggestions on filling out Azura's slots, particularly her special. There's so many to choose from!

well, I'll probably never have any of those units, but Vantage seems best on Takumi. Hector can take the hits. Takumi is so stupid with Vantage that he's probably going to become the most common customized unit, and everyone needs to think about counters.

I'm probably gonna put Fury on all my dancers. It's so rare that they attack, I'd rather make it count. I'm also curious how good Wings of Mercy is on a dancer.

The only thing about heavily customizing a dancer is how much a pain in the ass SP would be. My Olivia at least has a bit of an advantage there as she's 4* and sitting on around 600, as I've been using her for a long time..

Firemind

Haha that's fine, this is just to see how much Defense I can rack up. I doubt I'll actually run offense with both ninjas. My Nino, Robin, Subaki/Hinoka, Roy defensive team is just not cutting it. I used to get ~10 defenses a week and I've only had 2 in the past three seasons.

An amped up Kagero won't be able to kill Hector?
I mean you won't get many defense points either since 9 out of 10 teams I face have Hector. Hector is like the anti-Kagero. Effie you can at least kite around. No such chance against Hector.

I think 5* Nowi is a good tank, especially with her counterattack. Being blue means that even Falchion users need to at least have a decent amount of health left when taking her on.

Having said that, one downside to her is that she doesn't have adjacent buffing skills (though Rally Def is good), which is bad if you don't have someone else on your team who can fill that role. I used to use her a lot, but these days I've found myself replacing her with Ephriam for his attack buff.

I already promoted her. I need higher arena scores, because a lot of my units don't have high BST. My highest ever is 4472, so I will try to finally break 4500.

The team buffing can easily be taken care of with inheritance, but I think that I will still keep Threaten Res away.

The only offensive special I'm considering is Moonbow, because of the increased cooldown from her weapon. Maybe a defensive special could work. Quick Riposte and Vantage seem to be the most popular candidates for B skill.

I'm going to put thought into this, before I make a decision! I already made some mistakes with previous units.

Wichu

I put Triangle Adept on my -Spd +Res MRobin and played a few Arena matches and completely effortlessly killed a few Takumis, Kageros, and a Lucina.

Turns out getting doubled doesn't matter when enemy attacks barely scratch you.

I put Triangle Adept on my -Spd +Def MRobin and played a few Arena matches and completely effortlessly killed a few Takumis, Kageros, and a Lucina.

Turns out getting doubled doesn't matter when enemy attacks barely scratch you.

Nice. Would you say sword breaker would be overkill for a +atk Robin? I want to erase red and colorless units.

Wichu

Nice. Would you say sword breaker would be overkill for a +atk Robin? I want to erase red and colorless units.

Yeah, it's probably overkill, unless you don't have an Atk buffer and need to kill stuff in one turn. Neutral Def Robin with Triangle Adept takes a measly 2x2 damage from +Atk Lucina, so it's often not a big deal if you need to take a second shot.

Akuun

Yeah, it's probably overkill, unless you don't have an Atk buffer and need to kill stuff in one turn. Neutral Def Robin with Triangle Adept takes a measly 2x2 damage from +Atk Lucina, so it's often not a big deal if you need to take a second shot.
Oh shit, I didn't even think about how Triangle Adept Robin would take less damage from reds.

I'm ok with Overkill, with the way arena is heading you want to be as efficient as possible. A guaranteed double also helps proc his special as well.

Oh shit, I didn't even think about how Triangle Adept Robin would take less damage from reds.

How you like that bait?

Ha, guess that's my mind up! Is life and death still working well on your Takumi? Close counter is one of his main attractions but I feel like I never get much out of it. I'm thinking it might be better to double down on offense but that'll defeat the point of giving him vantage.

well, I'll probably never have any of those units, but Vantage seems best on Takumi. Hector can take the hits. Takumi is so stupid with Vantage that he's probably going to become the most common customized unit, and everyone needs to think about counters.

I'm probably gonna put Fury on all my dancers. It's so rare that they attack, I'd rather make it count. I'm also curious how good Wings of Mercy is on a dancer.

The only thing about heavily customizing a dancer is how much a pain in the ass SP would be. My Olivia at least has a bit of an advantage there as she's 4* and sitting on around 600, as I've been using her for a long time..
Appreciate the input! Yeah it's a toss up between giving them full on support skills or trying to actually make them effective combat wise. Either way I'm still stuck with the special decision.

I'm in the same boat SP wise as I got her very early and have used mostly the same 5 units since the beginning. They're all primed to learn new stuff but I don't know know if I could be bothered grinding SP on any future pulls. For example, I just pulled Karel, first 5* in a good while. Got him up to 40 and he is awesome but he doesn't have enough SP learn his own skills as is.

Mupod

It makes sense but the skill doesn't mention it working this way at all.

Wish I had a level 3 version, but the best I can do without 20k feathers is level 2. I'd be giving up either a bad Cordelia or a good Selena.

Whizkid7

Having a proper dancer on my Arena team is making Arena into a supreme breeze. Minerva can literally wipe out entire teams in 2 turns with Ninian backing her up. My god, I wish I'd started using a dancer sooner. (My only other was Olivia, and I had too many other reds at the time).

What's a good A slot skill for Ninian, you think? She does grant buffs if she attacks but since it's pretty rare I wonder if a more defensive oriented skill would suffice. Fury maybe? I do have Hinata...

Weebos

Banned
I hope Nils is a green dancer when they release him. Not sure who else could be one, hard to give some of the dancers from earlier games an axe lol.

Mupod

Having a proper dancer on my Arena team is making Arena into a supreme breeze. Minerva can literally wipe out entire teams in 2 turns with Ninian backing her up. My god, I wish I'd started using a dancer sooner. (My only other was Olivia, and I had too many other reds at the time).

What's a good A slot skill for Ninian, you think? She does grant buffs if she attacks but since it's pretty rare I wonder if a more defensive oriented skill would suffice. Fury maybe? I do have Hinata...

I mentioned Fury earlier, but I didn't think about giving one a special. I kind of want to see one with Galeforce...even though you'd never get to use it, lol.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ha, guess that's my mind up! Is life and death still working well on your Takumi? Close counter is one of his main attractions but I feel like I never get much out of it. I'm thinking it might be better to double down on offense but that'll defeat the point of giving him vantage.

Yeah, I still leave close counter off (but put it on when I am not playing for defensive purposes). As you said, it rarely gets used. If he's taking melee hits, then I planned poorly, really. That said, I agree re: the vantage/L&D issue. I haven't used vantage yet myself so not sure how that'll play out. I think it'll be okay because Tak's rarely left with that few HP. I don't think it'll put him into OHKO range if he wasn't already. But I need to test.

It makes sense but the skill doesn't mention it working this way at all.

Wish I had a level 3 version, but the best I can do without 20k feathers is level 2. I'd be giving up either a bad Cordelia or a good Selena.

The skill's rule is not well explained. It should say you get a boost of +% against advantaged, and a penalty of -% against disadvantaged. Just the like the weapon triangle this affects atk, def, res.

Wichu

The skill's rule is not well explained. It should say you get a boost of +% against advantaged, and a penalty of -% against disadvantaged. Just the like the weapon triangle this affects atk, def, res.

IIRC you don't get a Def boost with weapon advantage - the enemy gets an Atk drop. So a red unit attacking MRobin with Triangle Adept would have 0.6x its normal Atk.

Whizkid7

I mentioned Fury earlier, but I didn't think about giving one a special. I kind of want to see one with Galeforce...even though you'd never get to use it, lol.

I was honestly thinking something like Pavise/Buckler or whatever since they have short cooldowns and you want your dancer to survive.

Javier

Wanted to share my latest pull. Definitely my best one so far.

EVD9JNh.png

Nista

I just got a second 5* Sanaki out of a fun roll. My lvl 40 one is +SPD - HP, and the new one is +ATK -SPD. Which one should I keep, and should I merge the extra one or use it for skills?

Zafir

You don't need to have learned a skill on a unit to pass it on right?

ie I'm going to give Vantage to Takumi. I don't need to grind SP on my Lon'qu to be able to give it up him do I?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

ie I'm going to give Vantage to Takumi. I don't need to grind SP on my Lon'qu to be able to give it up him do I?

Nope. As long as the unit can learn it at that * level then you can pass it on.

I transferred all the levels of Vantage to a unit while Lon'qu was level 1.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

No, but they have to be at a star rank where they can learn it though.

Anyway to get Eirika (-Atk ughhhhh) able to take down Hector? Literally the only reason I am using Roy is because he is a a Hector slayer.

She has 39 Atk. I figure I can Hone attack buff her for 4 and give her death blow 2 for another 4. That'd put her at 47 Atk. Not enough, but with Ninian and desperation she would be fine right?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Does Triangle Adept even do anything against colorless units? I keep seeing people bring it up, but the skill description doesn't sound like it.

"Gives Atk+20% if weapon-triangle advantage, Atk-20% if disadvantage."

Wichu

How do you calculate damage from raven tome with triangle adept against Takumi?

(Atk * 1.5 * 1.2) - Def?

-raven tomes just have weapon advantage against colourless, which is normally +/-20% to the normal Atk stat. Triangle Adept makes that +/-40% instead.

So Robin against Takumi: (Atk * 1.4) - Def
And Takumi against Robin: (Atk * 0.6) - Def

Does Triangle Adept even do anything against colorless units? I keep seeing people bring it up, but the skill description doesn't sound like it.

"Gives Atk+20% if weapon-triangle advantage, Atk-20% if disadvantage."

Yes. The -raven tomes specifically state "Grants weapon advantage vs. colorless foes", so they're affected by Triangle Adept. I can screenshot my Robin wrecking Takumis and Kageros if you want proof.

Wichu

Ah, ok.

Is there any Melee weapon with the same property, or only those tomes at the moment?

Tomes only at the moment. MRobin has Blárraven (blue), Cecilia has Gronnraven (green), and Henry has Rauðrraven (red). They get weapon advantage against both their normal effective colour and against colourless weapons, making Triangle Adept twice as good on them.

Wichu

Yeah, well, my Kagero with Death Blow 3 one shots your Robin!

Are you sure? Run the damage calcs :p

Kagero reaches 49 Atk with +Atk and Death Blow. Assuming no other buffs and neutral natures on all other stats, neutral Def/+Atk Triangle Adept Robin takes 15 damage, then counterattacks for 32. Kagero's neutral HP is 31. GGWP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom