• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors |OT| Now Everyone Can Ougi!

poor Frederick still in 'death mode'. I still don't want to waste 10 gold mats to revive him. probably one day... one day
Because I live in scotland, my japanese isn't that good and if I can probably find someone to play coop with easier when it's not all in moonrunes :p

oh lol gem I misunderstood your post. I thought you meant having to wait extra 2 weeks after non-jp release due to not being in Europe atm

Gradivus

I'm making my way through History mode, each scenario has about 24/25 stages (unless I haven't unlocked everything). So it's roughly the size of Hyrule Warriors first Adventure Mode Map.

I hope a couple of history mode maps are released for each DLC.

poor Frederick still in 'death mode'. I still don't want to waste 10 gold mats to revive him. probably one day... one day

oh lol gem I misunderstood your post. I thought you meant having to wait extra 2 weeks after non-jp release due to not being in Europe atm

No worries, I did wonder what the confusion was :3

Dumb thing I found out:
Besides the imoutos (Elise, Sakura, Lissa), Hinoka and Cordelia as well as Rowan and Lianna can use staves. (Edit: Corrin and Caeda too post-promotion, despite Corrin promoting to Nohrian Noble here and Caeda not having staff access in her game.) Do you need that many healers? Probably not. It's definitely nice to have more than one though to cover more NPCs~

And it's not like there's anything better to put in the item slot. lol It's...actually something I'd like addressed. Feel you could easily put an item that restores the musou or awakening gauge instead 'cause it's seriously a waste for non-healers otherwise.

I'm making my way through History mode, each scenario has about 24/25 stages (unless I haven't unlocked everything). So it's roughly the size of Hyrule Warriors first Adventure Mode Map.

I hope a couple of history mode maps are released for each DLC.

If my Master Seal count of 0 is anything to go by, they better release more history mode maps. lol

Ridley327

Right, but the info was still conflicting based on an earlier post.

I'll just assume no, and that's a REAL downer for me

The option to switch is available in undocked mode, but it doesn't do anything since the option taps into the docked clock speeds to make it happen in the first place.

Poppyseed

The option to switch is available in undocked mode, but it doesn't do anything since the option taps into the docked clock speeds to make it happen in the first place.

But the resolution drops in performance mode. I wouldn’t assume it’s clock-speed related exclusively.

So, to those who have been playing it, how pronounced is the weapon triangle anyway? My only exp with this type of game is with Hyrule Warriors, so is it pretty easy to tell what weapon the cluster of enemy is using?

Renna Hazel

Is there any footage of the co-op mode in this game? I can't find anything on youtube and I'm really curious to see how it holds up performance wise. Hyrules Warriors was kind of a mess there.

Shun

Is there any footage of the co-op mode in this game? I can't find anything on youtube and I'm really curious to see how it holds up performance wise. Hyrules Warriors was kind of a mess there.

I dont have a capture card but posted screenshots for it earlier. Runs fine and smoothly, at the cost of resolution.

What are the Multiplayer options? Just local?

Yes.

So, to those who have been playing it, how pronounced is the weapon triangle anyway? My only exp with this type of game is with Hyrule Warriors, so is it pretty easy to tell what weapon the cluster of enemy is using?

Very pronounced as there are big advantages to damage and meter gain. Finding out the enemy type is really easy since you can pause the menu at anytime to go check

Kysen

60fps mode is way better than the resolution bump. I won’t be switching back ever again. Plays so much better.

Renna Hazel

I dont have a capture card but posted screenshots for it earlier. Runs fine and smoothly, at the cost of resolution.

Yes.

Very pronounced as there are big advantages to damage and meter gain. Finding out the enemy type is really easy since you can pause the menu at anytime to go check

Thanks! Great to hear. Now I can properly be hyped for the game.

R0ckman

I want to see the receipts on that.

Anyhow, we will get in-depth reviews in not so long, so it will help us see what exactly this game has to offer. Koei has demonstrated they could spice up their usual recipe with their spin-off warrior games (such as Hyrule Warriors). This one allows to change characters easily and quickly in battle (something which I absolutely love), we are able to give instructions to our allies, weapon triangle, perma-death, dual attacks, etc. There are many good ideas added to that title, that's for sure.

But the rather small roster and, most of all, moveset-clones (aside from special attacks) when the roster is already small in the first place dampened my enthousiasm (and when I read that unplayable characters who should be playable in the future have, once again, already existing movesets, with the sole exception of Oboro, I'm disappointed).

Also, I'm curious to know how many different maps this game has. It was one of my issues with Hyrule Warriors, which could have used a lot more maps (something which was partially rectified with the Legends version, but I didn't double-dip and bought that one).
I'm not a huge warriors fan so I'm mot sire what to expect quantity wise, but if this is a small roster size, why the heck are the extras like Owaim, Navarre etc not playable? Doesnt seem to make since wasting modeling on them and not go all the way.

NeonZ

I'm not a huge warriors fan so I'm mot sire what to expect quantity wise, but if this is a small roster size, why the heck are the extras like Owaim, Navarre etc not playable? Doesnt seem to make since wasting modeling on them and not go all the way.

I'd guess the main reason is that they'd need more Musou attacks and promoted models. Supports seem to be done already (Two of Niles supports were found in the Japanese game data, but only listed in English, which suggests they went out of their way to remove them, but forgot those), and there's already voice data in the game with quotes for when they're used by the player and other characters talk with them, alongside victory animations.

RedToad64

I'm sure that they will eventually be playable, either through free content updates or the season pass.

TheMoon

That blows. I use my Switch in handheld only and I was looking forward to a good musou game finally. This makes it really easy to not buy now :-(

huh? but that's normal. Hyrule Warriors was already a "good musou game" and didn't even have any sort of 60fps option. Both on console or its handheld version.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
That blows. I use my Switch in handheld only and I was looking forward to a good musou game finally. This makes it really easy to not buy now :-(

It IS a realy good Mosou game also in portable mode. Seems fluid, probably not capped at 30fps but quite stable, with a (seemingly) native 720p resolution and...well, the game itself is good so far

derFeef

Well if you tell me it's more fluid than the DQH2 demo on the Switch than I might reconsider it. That demo felt really terrible.

Hyrule Warriors is one of my favourite 3DS game so... hmm.

brinstar

Well if you tell me it's more fluid than the DQH2 demo on the Switch than I might reconsider it. That demo felt really terrible.

Hyrule Warriors is one of my favourite 3DS game so... hmm.
if you enjoyed HW on 3DS you should have no problem here lol

etrain911

So as a major fan of the Musou franchise and someone with a passing indifference in Fire Emblem (I liked Marth, Roy, and Ike, and Lucina in Smash, never bought any of the DLC characters, have a copy of Awakening sitting in my backlog, etc.). is this game going to be enjoyable for a relative newbie to the series? I loved Hyrule Warriors to bits and pieces, and have played almost every musou game as they've come out. I also loved DQH 1 and 2 without playing any of the DQ games aside from the slime rocket spinoffs and builder. Would I spend the whole game being confused? Is it a good introductory point to the franchise? Should I wait for a sale or discount instead?

TheMoon

So as a major fan of the Musou franchise and someone with a passing indifference in Fire Emblem (I liked Marth, Roy, and Ike, and Lucina in Smash, never bought any of the DLC characters, have a copy of Awakening sitting in my backlog, etc.). is this game going to be enjoyable for a relative newbie to the series? I loved Hyrule Warriors to bits and pieces, and have played almost every musou game as they've come out. I also loved DQH 1 and 2 without playing any of the DQ games aside from the slime rocket spinoffs and builder. Would I spend the whole game being confused? Is it a good introductory point to the franchise? Should I wait for a sale or discount instead?

Not sure how this would serve as an introduction to the Fire Emblem series as it's nothing like Fire Emblem, just incorporating some superficialities and systems. Nothing here will give you the impression "ah, this is what FE is like!" as the fundamental basis of this is real-time action and FE's is turn based tactics.

Gradivus

If you loved the dragon quest heroes games without much knowledge on the DQ series, you should be ok with this too.
But I think History mode (covers important maps from 5 different FE games) could be a little confusing, along with the character conversations (when they refer to characters, not in the game).

derFeef

If you loved the dragon quest heroes games without much knowledge on the DQ series, you should be ok with this too.
But I think History mode (covers important maps from 5 different FE games) could be a little confusing, along with the character conversations (when they refer to characters, not in the game).

I am a newcomer to Musou as well (Hyrule Warriors 3DS) and to be fair, ALL games so far have confusing story and lore to me. Especially Dynasty Warriors where there always seems to be character knowledge with love/hate for certain characters. I never have any idea what is going on to be honest - I just do what is asked and enjoy the gameplay :D

CEJames

A Nintendo Youtube video of unboxing the game and the amiibos revealed that Tiki gives Tiki Tear for using her amiibo. They read it off the back of the box, so it irritated me that they didn't just read the back of Chrom's amiibo box as well.

So does anyone have any info on what Chrom's amiibo does?

Netto-kun

Completed the first illustation which is taken from Awakening(linked just in case of spoiler?).

A Nintendo Youtube video of unboxing the game and the amiibos revealed that Tiki gives Tiki Tear for using her amiibo. They read it off the back of the box, so it irritated me that they didn't just read the back of Chrom's amiibo box as well.

"Imitation of Chrom's sword" with increased attack speed as the special trait of the weapon.
amiibo_p01.png

mas8705

Less than a week left. I really crossing my fingers that FE:W will have the same excitement as Hyrule Warriors. ^_^

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, that was weird. But I also wondered what Tiki's Tear is. (Maybe I haven't played enough FE games to know off the top of my head, but I'm surprised Nintendo didn't explain it.)

Top Bottom