• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First and only (maybe) Xbox MVP GAF League! details inside... friends!

fellas i had a great idea last night (thanks to former bucanneer steve young). because we're all having trouble getting the tournament games in MVP played in a timely manner, why not do just random games throughout the week as part of a league? here is how it would happen.

1. find a core group of maybe 6+ players or so that would agree to play in the "league".
2. throughout the week (or month?) just play random games here and there against whoever you want in the league. you'd try to play as many teams as you could, but it wouldn't be 100% necessary.
3. after each game, go here http://www.49ers-age.com/games/index.html and just fill out that easy form
4. THEN, that would be emailed to me, and i will have a league page up and input the wins and losses and so on.

what do you guys think? i know ncaa is coming out and all but mvp is an awesome game and i feel like its going to go to waste if we dont get something started soon!

let me know friends

well would you guys want to do just 1 team per player always (i.e. bob is always the cubs, fifty always the bluejays, etc) or just play whatever team whenever?

so we have 4 players that would be willing to play (mrbob, fifty, myself and dm). i'm pretty sure matrix and ramirez will definitely play. i'm also sure ck would play.

Mrbob

Well, I recommend a set schedule of sorts after we figure out how many people will be playing. That way we can have some semblence of organization.

Fifty

I think sticking with one team is good....but that's just my opinion, if people want change, then we can use different teams every so often.

Ramirez

Don't bother friends,the Tribe will just sweep you all!

Oh and yea I'm down of course,best sports game ever!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm f-ing down for this,you know this mannnnnn :D

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I'll sit out on this one, sorry.

ok fellas, the league is set to go. the last piece is for me to upload the Standings page (which will have team names, and then Wins/Losses/Games Back/Last 10/ Vs. AL/ Vs. NL/ Runs Scored/ Runs against)

but, before i do that, let me take roll call:

fifty
matrix
fmt
dmczaf
mrbob
wellie
truelize
ramirez
element*

*Element we need one more person to make it an even 10, or else i'll have to figure out a way to have a fair schedule for both conferences

the schedule is simple my friends:

play everyone in your "conference" 6 times, and play everyone else from the other conference 3 times. that will give a total of: 30 games with 8 players, 39 games with 10 players. This doesn't seem too unreasonable to me.

the timetable is up to you guys. I can personally get my games done as fast as my opponents want to play. but we should have SOME kind of loose deadline. so what do you guys think? Play between 3 (minimum) and 9 games (maximum) per week? let me know

p.s. anyones name who isn't on the list and is still interested post in this thread

be sure you have the time and commitment to be part of the league. if you flake on us you will be banned from future ga sports leagues. you, and your children, and your childrens children......

for 3 months

Unless I'm not in the house at all I usually get an hour or two of gaming in a day so that's no probelm.

Besides the actual Phillies are getting too depressing for my own well being right now.

god dammit! i already posted this once and it erased on me. anyways, the league is ready to go. observe the following facts:

You can begin playing now. Please consult the top post to reveal how to report your games that have been played.

* BOTH PLAYERS MUST REPORT. if there is a descrepency in the scores between the two players, it will go to arbitration with a panel of your GAF peers who will.... no i'm jk it won't do that. i doubt there will be any arguments

There will be 2 divisions in the league. There will be the AL and the NL. The divisions are below:

AL

1. FMT - minnesota twins
2. Dmczaf - seattle mariners
3. ramirez - cleveland indians
4. mrbob - chicago cubs
5. element - ?

NL

1. wellie - new york yankees
2. fifty - toronto bluejays
3. matrix - houston astros
4. truelize - ?
5. manick joe - philadelphia phillies

Please post or send via PM your contact information. It would be awesome if everyone had AIM so we could schedule times to play easier. But, again, get into contact with anyone in your division or otherwise that you can play and that is available to play you. I don't know who wants their AIM info posted so i will just post mine here, and if you want to post yours go ahead, or PM people instead.

* There is no set time limit to play games, and no "schedule" that is in order. The schedule will be as follows:

1. Play everyone in your division 6 times (24 games total)
2. Play everyone in the OTHER division 3 times (15 games total)
3. At the end of the season, the top 2 teams from each division will get into the playoffs, which will be a 7 game series.

While there is no definite schedule, lets try to play as quickly as possible. I know everyone has busy schedules, but i dont want interest dropping off if someone is lagging around. A few games a week here and there should suffice and keep everyone active.

Email me or post here or IM me if you have questions. my AIM is below (though most of you know it)

FMT AIM: whossorrynow015

enjoy ladies! (they are sweet)

also, one last thing, although we can't monitor this at least TRY to switch up your pitching rotation. if you are the twins, and you're playing someone 6 times, they don't want to see sabathia all 6 fucking times that is ridiculous. be courteous to your fellow GAF friend and switch up your rotation!

Fifty

Great work FMT! I'm only speaking for myself here, but I'm going to go through my starters 1-5 in order, so before I use Jesus Christ (Halladay) twice, I'll have used the other 4 once. I won't demand it as a rule now, but it's more fun this way and it's more realistic.

playing has begun fellas. play whoever you like whenever you like (observing the scheduling rules detailed above of course). the standings page will be up today... when my gf gets done designing them! damn lazy!

Fifty

Very cool. I'm glad you put RS and RA in. It's not perfect of course, but that adds a great deal. btw, it says "Us NL" and "Us AL" when I'm sure it should say "Vs"

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cool stuff fmt,big thanks to you and your gf for doing this.

Fifty and I are going to play a couple of games now.

:lol i didn't even notice the "Us." stuff. i'll change it tomorrow

sorry i couldn't stay on longer fifty. my gf was bugging me to see a movie and if i didn't start playing a game before she got back i wouldn't have played again tonight

if it makes you feel better i lost in 15 innings to DM, 4-3 :(

Matrix

Well Fifty and I completed three games,I took two out of three....Blue Jays worse than the Stros in this game,I kinda like that :)

gg's Fifty and Jason Lane owns your soul.

Fifty

The text in the game recording input boxes should be changed to black. For some reason its peachish, light white text and I cant read it as Im putting it in. oh yeah, and for some reason my apostrophes are french accented Es

look

èèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèè

Twilight zone. argh.

Matrix, if I lost that last game.....I would have smashed my disc in two. I wouldnèt (SEE!) have played another game. ugh....the jays offense is TERRIBLE. at least yours isnèt much better.

ARGH DAMN YOU FRENCH KEYBOARD DIE

edit: We both DONT need to input the score, do weÉ WTF matrix can you do itÉ WTF FRENCH E SHIT WTF

Matrix

:lol

I almost had you in that last game,I really thought Berkman had tied it up with a hr :(

I sent the scores to fmt and stats already,I dont see why we both have to do it.

Fifty

ok, so in that case, FMT ignore the 2-0 score I sent you

éèéè;èéèéèéè;èéè;èp!ÉèéèÉÈ;èéèÉÈÉèéè

DMczaf

So, how long will we get away with this thread being the main league thread before mods track our asses down Fugitive style?

Fifty

What (IS) wrong with using this thread as the main league thread (QUESTION MARK IN ENGLISH THANK YOU)

Oh I know, just get someone to move it to the online forum. I (AM) looking at you, zany killer.

DMczaf

Were supposed to be doing this in the online forum :p

Oh shit, they heard me! RUN!

fugitive.jpg

Fifty

Ok. Enough silly pictures. I've got a great idea, so listen up.

(FMT said he'd allow this if the majority was behind it, so tell me what you think)

We've got a long way to go in this season of ours, and some people would probably like to be able to make a trade or two...

Well we can do that, here's how: This is all assuming we've gone ahead with the idea, and you've made a (commish approved I assume) trade.

1. Offline, load the downloaded online rosters

2. From there, manually trade for whoever you've traded for, and get rid of the player(s) you've traded away. Very simple, very standard.

3. Save the roster file, ideally as something like "league" but it doesn't matter

4. When you play online, you'll choose to have custom rosters on, and then load that roster. bingo! If someone doesn't make a trade, and wants to keep their default team, that's fine, you can choose to not load a roster and play with the original team.

There's no way anyone could abuse this because we'd have a way of approving trades and we'd know if someone was adding players that weren't involved in a deal (because whoever was playing them would see the illegal players).

Now I might have typed a lot of stuff just now, but it's really not complicated, and I think it would add a LOT to the game, so let's hear it. cool idea or not?

Matrix

Cool idea,im for it.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Sorry guys but I just don't think I have the time to commit to this right now. I'm out of town every second week over the summer for 3 or 4 days at a time and I have family reunions and basketball camps to coach etc....

Freakin ticks me off too. Cause I've still never played this game. You all tricked me. Where was this league 2 months ago?? :)

Matrix

Ok we might have to get rid of the guy whos using the Phillies,has anyone heard from him again? Also Ram and Ck are you guys going to play at all? I think Cks been a little busy,I think I read that somewhere but wtf is Ram?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Ok we might have to get rid of the guy whos using the Phillies,has anyone heard from him again? Also Ram and Ck are you guys going to play at all? I think Cks been a little busy,I think I read that somewhere but wtf is Ram?

I can play a few games tonight.

I would, however, like to put Mariano Rivera on the trading block. I want a speedy outfielder. I am thinking Bob's boy Patterson, or Coco Crisp from Ram... I could be talked into getting rid of one of my outfielders instead of Rivera...

Fifty

Matrix said:

Can I take the Phillies!!!!?!?!?!?!?

:( :( :( :(

I hate my offense. I'm so tired........so very tired.

Matrix

Fifty said:
Can I take the Phillies!!!!?!?!?!?!?

:( :( :( :(

I hate my offense. I'm so tired........so very tired.

Someone trade this man a hitter,his team has no one!

I would trade with Fifty but the problem is I have crap on my team to give him.

Top Bottom