• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First and only (maybe) Xbox MVP GAF League! details inside... friends!

Fifty

If we had a GA team, I'd be hitting leadoff, since I get so many singles every damn game and still find ways to lose, and Matrix would be hitting in the 4 spot.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol

And dm falls to the mighty Stros Hrs attack...5 Hr's this game for me,including a 3 run job,finally hit one out that wasnt a solo.

Stros 10-2...who woulda thunk it.

Whats funny is my 4 solo hrs were inside pitchs from dm but his one pitch outside was a 3 run hr that came after beltre booted a ball :D He should have been out of the inning,we would still be playing tied 4-4 if not for that error.

DMczaf

What a BS inning, 2 sure outs turn into hits and what happens? HRs!

I had ZERO control with this pitcher, im shocked I didnt give up more HRs. All he had was that 95 mph fast ball :(

Matrix, if you think I was pitching high almost every time on purpose then I wasnt. If I even moved the analog stick a little bit the damn thing starts rattling like a vibrator! Thank god I go back to the top of my pitching staff next game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dude have you ever heard of using your pen? :lol your pitcher was running out of gas and losing control,I wasnt pissed that you were pitching all over the place,I was just shocked you kept his bum ass in so long.

Fifty

turn vibration off. It's what I've done for ages now, and it's way better. The initial reason I did it was to make it harder, but I think in the long run it's made it easier, and given me a greater sense of control.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
I kept him in out of anger for that stupid inning. Learn to catch a ball, faggots!

Yea Bob beat me in one of my lone losses cause my bitch ass 2nd basemen booted a sure fire DP :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Another loss. A shutout no less. I don't understand how I can run up 11 runs easy on the All-Star AI but I can't even hit against scrubs like Mr. Bob.

Matrix

Wellington said:
Another loss. A shutout no less. I don't understand how I can run up 11 runs easy on the All-Star AI but I can't even hit against scrubs like Mr. Bob.

:lol

Shit, did you guys kick me out? I was only gone for two days. I PM'ed the topic starter my AIM and Gamertag, but I'll post it for the rest of you. FloBoJo for both.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
where the F is ramirez? i haven't seen him on XBL in a while. i can only conclude his xbox was stolen

He hasnt been on aim,his computer was stolen too.

Matrix

Fifty said:
Maybe he got a life! It's nice to think that one of us can get out of the thug life!

:(

Matrix

Whooo am I glad FMT set up the divisions like he did,I cant stand playing DM cause of the lag >_< Its hard enough to hit slow ass moyer in the game,but to try to hit his shit with lag and half the pitches out of the strike zone,its frustrating as hell.

GG DM,you owned Andy bad.

Randy Wolf started the Phightun's season off with a CG 6-hit shut-out on FMT. I hope your controller is still in one piece man. 3 errors on pretty routine grounders while it seemed like my guys had superglue in their gloves. A game I played earlier today went like that for me so I'm glad karma kicked in when it mattered.

Matrix

Ughhh two game losing streak :( Lost to Bob and the amazing Kerry Wood 2-0...he had 11 hits and I had a whopping 2,yet he only managed 2 runs off my bullpen bums Chad HangingChad Qualls and John supermario Franco.

I'm 10-4...Im sure you all weep for me :p

Fifty,I have to cancel that game at 12,I need to step away from the game for atleast a day...geez.

Fifty

Good, because I was going to say I was too tired to play :lol

I need some time away from this game too. I'll wait for Ramirez to catch up with me ;)

Matrix

Mrbob said:
I win the season series against Matrix! Bragging rights! :D

The surging Cubs have now won 3 straight!

I love trash talking,when A.You have a stacked team and B.You faced me twice with Kerry Wood and once with Maddux,while I faced you twice with Backe and once with Duckworth.

Talk trash,I know it makes you feel better.

Mrbob

What the hell you crying about? Duckworth is a beast!

Your offense is more stacked than mine. I have better pitching, though! Great pitching >>> great hitting! If you didn't swing for the fences with every swing maybe you would get more hits! :D I learned my lesson with the maddux game on how not to pitch you! :lol

Mrbob

MVP ratings are like Maddens online. It doesn't change the ranking even if stats for players change. Offline the Cubs are ranked 7th I think with the current roster update.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
What the hell you crying about? Duckworth is a beast!

Your offense is more stacked than mine. I have better pitching, though! Great pitching >>> great hitting! If you didn't swing for the fences with every swing maybe you would get more hits! :D I learned my lesson with the maddux game on how not to pitch you! :lol

what huh what

I dont swing for the fences every time and shit of course you learned your lesson,85% of your pitchs were out of the strike zone :lol I'm not going to get many hits when nothing comes over the plate,wait your 96 mph Kerry Wood fastballs do,thats about it.

Matrix

I only pitch the way my opponent pitches me...you happened to hit two mistake pitches off bullpen bums to win the lastest game.

I dont see why you want to have bragging rights by beating the Stros and the pitchers I used against you.Now if you had whooped up on Roy-O or Clemens,well then you could talk shit,but lets not forget you are and will always be the guy who gave up 7 solo hrs to me in one game...clearly you stink if you throw in the zone :p Trust me when I say " I can pitch in the strikezone and still win"... ask Fifty.

Shit why am I even bitching about this,you have the number one ranked team in the game going against the 21st ranked team and their number 4 and 5 starters :lol Take your bragging rights and enjoy them.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
I only pitch the way my opponent pitches me...you happened to hit two mistake pitches off bullpen bums to win the lastest game.I

I dont see why you want to have bragging rights by beating the Stros and the pitchers I used against you.Now if you had whooped up on Roy-O or Clemens,well then you could talk shit,but lets not forget you are and will always be the guy who gave up 7 solo hrs to me...clearly you stink if you throw in the zone :p Trust me when I say " I can pitch in the strikezone and still win"... ask Fifty.

Shit why am I even bitching about this,you have the nunber one ranked team in the game and,cant hit very well and you only pitch well with Wood.

Suuuuurreeeee. I nipped the corners. If anything the balls were barely outside. I hung a couple pitches in the strike zone but I had your hitters off balance. You ended up hitting hte balls foul! I don't dump the ball in the dirt at all. Unlike you where in each game 10 to 15 balls hit the dirt in front of the plate. :) I have to thank you though. Due to all the balls out of the strike zone I've learned to watch pitches much better!

Here is a protip: Don't swing. Make the pitcher work to get the hitter out. Ask FMT how I worked Santana and how it paid off!

Matrix

10 or 15 balls in the dirt? :lol

Whatever you say,lets not even factor in that sometimes lag or stamina makes you mess up pitches when you dont have a pitcher who can throw 96 mph fastball straight down the middle in the 8th inning without breaking a sweat.

Holy shit,do not give me advice on how to hit...please dont :lol

Mrbob

2 runs on 11 hits! Such awesomeness must be admired! By the way, something was up in your 7 solo home run game. I think you gamesharked me 'cause your fucking pitcher hit two solo home runs that game! :lol

Matrix

You have annoyed me Bob,thanks a lot..now whoever I face next is going to see me take it out on them.

I said GG to you after you beat me,clearly beating me made you happy cause you must think im good even using shit pitchers,I havent seen you gloat about your other 3 wins against anyone :\

Gameshark? ughh ok whatever :lol

Also Backe hit a hr the first game against you,Duckworth hit one the 2nd game,I didnt have 2hrs in one game with a pitcher.

Mrbob

Originally Posted by Wellington:

Matrix said:

*ahem*

:D

I was joking about the gameshark, dude. And Duckworth hitting it out of the infield is bad enough. That one homer by him should count for 3!

Matrix

What I still think you stink at the game :lol My feelings havent changed.

We should play for fun some other night...I'll be the Cubs using Wood and you can be the Stros using Duckworth.

Mrbob

One down, two to go. CK will pay for mocking me in this thread. And DM will pay for calling me Cornflakes in multiple threads! I do not forget and my vengeance is swift and plentiful! :lol

Matrix

Mrbob said:
One down, two to go. CK will pay for mocking me in this thread. And DM will pay for calling me Cornflakes in multiple threads! I do not forget and my vengeance is swift and plentiful! :lol

Dude atleast Ck knows he isnt very good at the game and he knows you stink too,you have this warped view that you rock :lol As for Dm calling you cornflakes,come on dude,you know why he does...you kinda deserved it,you dont now cause atleast you're playing your games....unlike RAM....hes the new cornflake....well unless he died or something bad happened.

Matrix

Id just like to say from here on out,I'm done with any type of trash talking.The only thing it does is make me sick of the game.

Matrix

Ramirez

Cornflake?!I'm still on vacation from my 4 titles,suck it down!

But really,if anyone wants a game just post a time and we can meet up for one :)

Matrix

Were you abducted Ram? Really wtf have you been CORNFLAKE ;)

Ramirez

Playin ball in real life with friends most of the time,either that or swimming and my gaming time is strictly a WoW diet at the moment :lol

Anxiously awaiting College football,I need a new football game :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:

It's not like I am that bad... :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yo uh, I am 1-3, not 1-4 or 0-4. I played Matrix twice, Bob once, and you (FMT) once. I kept sending in the first email cause I thought it was an automated website. :(

Matrix

Yea and I'm 10-4 Fmt,somehow you messed up :p

I do like free wins :(

Matrix

FMT,I just beat Dm so now I am 11-4.I sent you the game info and with that im wrapped up playing lag games with dm :D

matrix/ck, my mistake, but i received 2 emails from each of you. the first emails were for a game, and you guys scored them identically (2-1 i believe). the next game i had a 4-1 margin from matrix, and a 6-2 margin from ck. therefore i assumed it was for 2 different games and you guys just said "lets just one of us report". i'll correct it

Matrix

Thats weird,I dont recall beating CK 6-2 :\ I know I won 2-1,I could have sworn our second game I won 4-1...oh well,all I know is I played him twice and I won both times,in the long run the runs scored and given up dont matter much.

Top Bottom