• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Family compared life in the White House to being in a Venezuelan jail

NoName999

President Donald Trump and his wife, first lady Melania Trump met with the wife of an imprisoned Venezuelan opposition leader in February and reportedly tried to sympathize with her husband's plight by comparing life in the White House to that inside a Venezuelan prison.

Lilian Tintori, who is married to Venezuelan opposition leader Leopoldo Lopez, was at the White House to discuss human rights in Venezuela.

Many view Lopez as a political prisoner who has been jailed for nearly 14 years on trumped up charges related to a period of deadly antigovernment protests in 2014.

During the visit with Tintori, Trump seemed unfamiliar with her and her experiences, according to The Washington Post, though he reportedly knew enough to have "praised her past a reality television star in Venezuela's version of 'Survivor.'"

Trump and the first lady also reportedly tried to commiserate with Tintori through a source of their own discomfort — the White House.

Melania said she sympathized with what Lopez had gone through in jail in Caracas, Venezuela, noting that the White House felt as confining as prison, two people familiar with the meeting told the Post. Trump reportedly agreed.

Compare NeoGAF to a Uruguayan prison if old

Hermii

It’s good to know that if I ever go to prison in Venezuela it’s going to be like being president of the United States.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Trump sneaks out at night to fat in a hotel.

That was meant to say ‘rest’ not ‘fat’ but I’ll leave it. Thanks autocorrect

I searched "inside White House" to post some photos and this came up and now I'm just sad.

29906170001_5070861693001_pete-7.jpg

"I mean me and my dumb-ass sexually-repulsive husband basically have a revolving door of slimy donors who help me buy expensive fashion and rule the free world but sometimes it really does feel like we're kept in sub/par conditions and forced to eat simple, non-Trump Steaks based meals kinda like you were. We even had the same trajectory. We were both privy to crimes in our respective countries and both still somehow managed to end up here."

imagine if Obama had acted like he was too good for the WH? just imagine the reactions.

didnt Trump outright say that if he becomes President it will be a step down from his previous life? im pretty sure he said that when everyone still thought Hillary is gonna win, he acted like he doesnt want the job anyway. he is just such a totally arrogant pompous fucking degenerate prick.. and i've had just about enough reading about him damn every morning. GET HIM OUT.

God that's annoying. Getting to live in the White House is such a unique experience, and this classless trash family doesn't even appreciate it.

well, we can always just move these assholes from the WH to the jail instead. heel, they don't even need to go to Venezuela, I'm sure we can find some jail cell for them in the US.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
imagine if Obama had acted like he was too good for the WH? just imagine the reactions.

didnt Trump outright say that if he becomes President it will be a step down from his previous life? im pretty sure he said that when everyone still thought Hillary is gonna win, he acted like he doesnt want the job anyway. he is just such a totally arrogant pompous fucking degenerate prick.. and i've had just about enough reading about him damn every morning. GET HIM OUT.

Dude wanted to go back to Trump Tower for weekends. I don't think he understood what happens when one becomes president.

TheContact

He doesn’t like it because it’s not called the “trump house”. If he could rename it and put his face and name on the front he would.

RPGCrazied

They bitch and complain but won't leave. No one is putting a gun to your head telling you, you must stay and be President.

Mugy

I have a friend who was in jail for 2 months, being innocent. After that he barely talks and he has to spend lots of money to cure himself because of the food in the jail got him sick with diseases in the stomach.

Yeah, not even close.

Ithil

The Obama family was called "entitled" for 8 years, but the Trump family brings new meaning to that word.

Every single thing the right wing media falsely claimed about Obama, Trump is. At this stage I wouldn't be surprised to find out Trump was born in Kenya.

Strike

Trump did call the place a dump not too long ago and no one cared. Conservatives would be foaming at the mouth if the Obamas ever shared this sentiment. Hell, it didn't take much to do that. I wonder why? 🤔

Bakercat

One of the most honorable house and position in the United States.

*Trump walks in,*

"What a dump, I'm a prisoner here without my shitty gold statues of myself!"

Top Bottom