• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White House photo caption omits husband of Luxembourg's gay PM

0twYF9T.jpg

The Trump White House on Saturday omitted Gauthier Destenay, the husband of Luxembourg prime minister Xavier Bettel, from the caption to an official photograph of the spouses of Nato leaders, taken at this week’s summit in Brussels.

Destenay, a Belgian architect, married Bettel in 2015, becoming the first same-sex spouse of a leader of a European Union member state.

American first lady Melania Trump was identified twice in the caption to the official White House photograph, which was taken by Andrea Hanks and posted to Facebook in a collection of pictures from Trump’s nine-day international tour.

The caption read: “First Lady Melania Trump poses with Belgium’s Queen Mathilde, center, and other spouses of Nato leaders: First Lady Emine Erdoğan of Turkey; Iceland’s Thora Margret Baldvinsdottir; the First Lady of France Brigitte Trogneux; First Lady Melania Trump; Slovenia’s Mojca Stropnik; Bulgaria’s Desislava Radeva; Belgium’s Amélie Derbaudrenghien, and Norway’s Ingrid Schulerud, during their visit Thursday 25 May 2917 [sic], at the Royal Palace in Brussels.”

More at: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...e-photo-caption-same-sex-spouse-luxembourg-pm

Shove me aside if old

rtcn63

Not a single one of them looks like they want to be there. The guy in the suit was looking for the bathroom and wandered into the room.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Incompetence or malevolence?

I'll choose incompetence in this case.

It looks like the Trump Admin hired Cacpom's copy writers.

Rayis

Fuck those homophobic assholes! I love how happy he looks to be there! The first gentleman of Luxembourg, whose spouse is also a man, I love the modern world.

Dirca

I knew Trump would complete one term, but was skeptical about a second term. I never would have thought that he'd still be president in 2917.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm going to try and be a bit fair and not jump to conclusions on this one. Seeing the thread title, I had assumed that it meant they Photoshopped him out.

Given the fact that they listed Melania twice and jumped about a hundred years in the future, I think this was just a mistake.

The far bigger news is the fact that they have a picture from 2917.
Tell us of the future!

Given the fact that they listed Melania twice and jumped about a hundred years in the future, I think this was just a mistake.

We're in 2817 now?
Can you tell us of the future?

Lord Fagan

Man. This gives me flashbacks to her speech at the convention.

She's just a clumsily wielded cudgel of a pitiful man's empire of incompetence.

Somnid

Making this into a conspiracy is just slightly less dumb than the lack of proofreading by Trump's media team.

Top Bottom