• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Melania Trump scours media to protect her husband

I find it hard to believe that Melania actually cares that much about Trump's image when she has a son to care about.

Much more likely that Trump threatened her into being an extra pair of ears and eyes to watch, listen to, and read the news about him.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Who the fuck cares if news stories make the president look bad! That's a part of the deal. Do your fucking jobs! God these people are so superficial.

McLovin

Well yeah if he fails, for her, it's bad because he'll either go to jail or worse case scenario he'll go back to NYC and she'll have to go back to gargling them salty prunes.

AYF 001

When they trotted Melania out after the Access Hollywood tape to defend Trump, I mostly remember her trying to explain it away at one point by saying she didn't think they knew they were being recorded. Like the real scandal was the mics being live, and not her husband advocating using celebrity to prey on women.

It was a weird tone-deaf miss of the problem, but makes sense with her focusing on coverage now. She doesn't particularly care if something bad happens; it only counts as a negative if people find out about it. Doing a bad thing is only bad if you get caught, and so the only reason Trump has ever done anything wrong is because people leaked he did it!
If treason happens in the White House and no one's around to leak it, did it happen at all?

Koomaster

So if I remember correctly the White House staff are trying to keep negative stories about Trump out of his daily media intake for his own benefit to keep him level-headed. Meanwhile in New York Melania is finding every negative story about Trump and basically forwarding it to him and bringing them to his attention. xD

I think we've found our mole.

The vitriol in here towards her seems really unnecessary. This sounds kind of sweet to me and I certainly don't like Trump.

"My Husband is a corrupt idiot with no compassion for anyone other than the 1%, why won't people risk their reputation and career to defend him?"

So sweet <3 !!

The vitriol in here towards her seems really unnecessary. This sounds kind of sweet to me and I certainly don't like Trump.

Sounding sweet and being sweet are two different things. She's just as ineffectual as Ivanka and Jared, claiming that Trump won't run roughshod over things like women's rights and climate but continuing to stay silent in the face of Trump literally damaging those very things.

Yeah this whole narrative of her as a blameless damsel locked in a tower by an evil troll is wrong in every way. She's complicit and damaging.

image.php

Melania is the Princess Toadstool to Trumps King Koopa

Zaph

She loves her gilded lifestyle and knows it's all over if Trump sinks or divorces her, thanks to the prenup.

Yeah, it was really sweet when she was out giving interviews perpetuating racist bullshit about Obama's nationality.

L Thammy

I really wonder how she feels about her husband lusting after his own daughter. Does that play into her mind when he works for him?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

She is complicit in her husband's bigotry. Any person of any moral fortitude would never stay with a man as despicable as trump. That entire family should be left on an island somewhere.

rekameohs

Banned
Trump: They can't convict a husband and wife for the same crime!
Mueller: Yeah, that's not true. At all.
Trump: Really? ...I have the worst f---ing attorneys.

Cuburt

Like President Donald Trump, these people said, Melania Trump is an avid consumer of cable news, and often tracks the news of the day and will alert her husband to stories she thinks make him look bad.

She has raised concerns that some on his communications and press team aren’t doing enough to defend him, according aides and sources close to the president.

Sounds like one of his biggest enablers, feeding right into his paranoia. Yes, blame his communications and press team for your husband throwing them under the bus, contradicting statements they put out with tweets, and not being able to keep his mouth shut.

gabbo

It's funny how people argue over whether Melania and Ivanka are not bad, but I don't see that argument made nearly as much about Kush or the sons.

Because people already knew his sons were shitheels - eg their big game hunting trips to Africa

First Snitch.

I wonder if she thinks that is helpful to his state of mind

Although "here dahlink, eat up all your burned red meat and ketchup and I will read you some more awful coverage."

Might look like a slo mo passive aggressive assassination attempt.

LMAO. :D

She really is useless as a First Lady. But what do you expect from a gold digging bitch who lied about getting a college degree.

Remember when Michelle Obama got shit for trying to help kids eat better?

What a horrible family. All of them. Baron gets a pass because he's a kid and at the mercy of his pathetic parents but that's it.

As always: fuck Donald Trump and anyone who supports him.

rjinaz

It's funny how people argue over whether Melania and Ivanka are not bad, but I don't see that argument made nearly as much about Kush or the sons.

I think most of that is in jest and based on the video of her making stern faces behind Trump's back.

As for your other comment, the two sons simply put themselves out there more. Donald Jr. in particular has a twitter with a long history of deplorable tweets just like his daddy. There are plenty of interviews to read through with them both where they come off bad.

I mean you're not wrong that as society we tend to assume the worst in men and the best in women, but I don't think that's what's happening here. Ivanka and Melania don't have much deplorable history.

Top Bottom