• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First footage of Hollow on Switch (Horror FPS in UE4 )

OCD Guy

Lighting and particle effects look great but something about the game in motion looks odd. It doesn’t even look like a frame rate issue, almost a design choice.

It’s also grainy as fuck, and that’s direct footage lol.

Still I’m just happy that we’re getting games like this on a Nintendo platform. The argument that Nintendo consoles are full of kid games isn’t going to apply to the Switch....

Oh and it’s probably just me but I’m getting Killzone 2 vibes from the footage, in terms of the way the game looks graphically....

Instro

Looks more like a shitty capture than anything, not that it looks anyways finished. Animations strike me as the most obvious point of improvement.

BuggyMike

Lighting and particle effects look great but something about the game in motion looks odd. It doesn’t even look like a frame rate issue, almost a design choice.

It’s also grainy as fuck, and that’s direct footage lol.

Still I’m just happy that we’re getting games like this on a Nintendo platform. The argument that Nintendo consoles are full of kid games isn’t going to apply to the Switch....

Oh and it’s probably just me but I’m getting Killzone 2 vibes from the footage, in terms of the way the game looks graphically....

They chose to record footage during some kind of attack in the game. Whenever this happens everything on screen gets grainy, its part of the game. Wish the would have captured normal gameplay of just exploring.

Zannegan

Enemy animations are a little silly based on the twitter video, but this is still a pretty ambitious (and, in that light, impressive) game for a small studio. I might pick it up after I finish off Doom, though I'm not seeing that launch discount you mentioned.

Top Bottom