• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First gameplay details of Modern Warfare 2 from Dutch videogame magazine

Apoc29

R0nn said:
- It is now possible to hold a handgun in one hand and a knife in the other, comparable to how Solid Snake holds them together in MGS3 and 4.
How is this useful unless it is implying you can carry enemies as a meatshield? Couldn't you knife at any time in COD4 regardless of what weapon you were carrying?

WrikaWrek

Banned
Apoc29 said:
How is this useful unless it is implying you can carry enemies as a meatshield? Couldn't you knife at any time in COD4 regardless of what weapon you were carrying?

Now you can knife them and shoot them at the same time.

Cday

Banned
Ourobolus said:
I think he means the dot itself will disappear, not the entire scope. The fact that I have to explain this worries me.

So what I'm getting is red dots disappear when you look at them from certain angles.

Apoc29

WrikaWrek said:
Now you can knife them and shoot them at the same time.
Haha...as badass as that is, I doubt it would be a viable strategy as knifing is a one-hit kill anyway. Unless you can actually knife a guy and shoot some OTHER guy at the same time...now that would be badass!

bdouble

Apoc29 said:
Maybe they are changing this in some way.

Nikorasu

Sounds good, but all I really want is a button to open doors myself.

..More open, nonlinear levels would be nice too.

soultron

Banned
A lot of this sounds like bullshit. I'll wait for an NA source, or directly from IW. You'd think GI would've come across a lot of the SP details in their exclusive.

cameltoe said:
UGH, no way on the knife and gun thing, thats terrible. Riot Shield is another horrible MP idea

Amazing you can form an opinion without having even played it but then I'm glad they don't cater to that sort of viewpoint.

snap0212

soultron said:
A lot of this sounds like bullshit. I'll wait for an NA source, or directly from IW. You'd think GI would've come across a lot of the SP details in their exclusive.
Wait... do you think they made that stuff up? Or do you think just because it's not a NA source it's less credible? :lol

soultron said:
A lot of this sounds exactly like what the GI article said.

Deadly

Still sucks that
Captain Price seems to have died, the other dude Spaz? was dead for sure but Price could have been alive.

R0nn

desh said:
is there going to be coop? If there is coop, what kind of coop will it be?

They confirmed coop for the challenges. No word on any other coop options though.

Also, in regards to the totally new, never before seen multiplayer modes, they are referring to the new modes that they will reveal post-E3, not every single multiplayer mode featured in the game. I should've worded that more clearly.

They also said they will completely revise the entire multiplayer menu structure, because they want to fit in much more stuff. So there's a fair chance that stat tracking will be in.

I was disappointed that there was no word on the presence of infinite respawns, but other sources seem to have confirmed that Infinity Ward recognizes the issue and would work on it, so here's hoping.

Because only NA sources are reliable amirte? Come on now. This magazine is a very credible and reliable source. Has been for many years. For the record, from what I gathered from their story (and using common sense), more magazines from all over the world were present during the preview session, so we should expect more articles like this trickling in over time. The Power Unlimited just happened to be the first to press.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
soultron said:
FourZeroTwo was recently talking about his European tour for showing off the game. I'm sure this is legit.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
sounds good. hope it all makes it to the Wii version.

daCuk said:
Modern Warfare 2: Feeding the Americas Army desire to invade other countries

j/k, now put down the forks and torches, please
rtrtrtrt.gif

sorry, needed to be done.

soultron

Banned
RoboPlato said:
FourZeroTwo was recently talking about his European tour for showing off the game. I'm sure this is legit.
I totally agree with this point.

As to answer R0nn, I'd simply like to hear about these details from a NA source that I trust because I've never heard of this magazine before. The fact that their a magazine and not some shitty site/blog lends it some credibility, but I'm trying not to trip over hopefuls botching translations and whatnot. I'd rather hear it directly from an English source so that babelfish doesn't lead us to get hyped over something that went through the broken telephone of the internet. That's my point.

R0nn

soultron said:
As to answer R0nn, I'd simply like to hear about these details from a NA source that I trust because I've never heard of this magazine before. The fact that their a magazine and not some shitty site/blog lends it some credibility, but I'm trying not to trip over hopefuls botching translations and whatnot. I'd rather hear it directly from an English source so that babelfish doesn't lead us to get hyped over something that went through the broken telephone of the internet. That's my point.

Well, I translated it myself to the best of my ability (I'm native Dutch) and deliberatly kept as much bias out of the summary as possible. It contains every bare fact that's present in the article, no more and no less.

No matter what you might think of my english writing ability, I can at least assure you it's much better than some shitty babelfish translation. :lol

Top Bottom