• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Ikaruga XBLA images

Is there any reason to get this if I already have the dreamcast version? I just heard about this and don't know all the details behind this release.

baruflea

Awesome.

If Peliguru (from IGN) still plays Ikaruga, expect to see him in the first spot on the leaderboards. :lol As he would say, Ikaruga! BUY! NOW! GO! BUY!

koam

This looks EXACTLY like the dreamcast version but with pretty sidebars. What's with the fapping?

Gowans

mine mine mine,

Now thats how you do a border too but is anyone gona be hardcore enough for this

6z5x3xe.jpg

?

Im sure some of the downloadable ghosts from the leaderboards will be awesome to watch, online co-op should be golden too.

Gowans007 said:
mine mine mine,

Now thats how you do a border too but is anyone gona be hardcore enough for this

http://i5.tinypic.com/6z5x3xe.jpg[IMG]

?

Im sure some of the downloadable ghosts from the leaderboards will be awesome to watch, online co-op should be golden too.[/QUOTE]

People with rotating portrait monitors will. (I want one for this game)

xS1TH L0RDx said:
is it bad that i'm looking forward to this xbla game more than the vast majority of full fledged disc based titles in 08?

There are times in a 360's life when Retail Game releases might falter a small amount. It is at these times that the XBLA catalogue will rise to the challenge, and 360 owners will still have a way to feed money into the ravenous maw of the 360 Feduciary Infrastructure.

Draft

You can download the replays of leaderboard ranking scores and then what... watch them? That is awesome.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Gowans007 said:
mine mine mine,

6z5x3xe.jpg

?

Well, that's how I'm playing it on my DC. LCD monitor on it's side for this and Under Defeat. Sadly, my 360 is hooked up to a behemoth 36" Sony Wega CRT. 350 lbs. :-(

Green Shinobi said:
Is the game really that hard? How does it compare to something like Einhander in terms of difficulty?

Only a small portion of the difficulty in Ikaruga actually comes from dodging bullets. Most of the challenge is in chaining like-colored enemies together(in groups of three) and getting huge chain bonuses(and thus really high scores).

inpHilltr8r said:
I see tate, but will they let you tate the controller too? I suppose I could just lie on the couch...
The DC and GC versions let you play it as a horizontal shooter. I don't see why this wouldn't.

I fainted when I saw those shots, but online co-op ensures that I will be trapped in front of my HD set-up playing the HELL out of this game. This will be the third time I've purchased it, and I don't care (Dreamcast, Gamecube and now XBLA).

Not to digress, but I would slap my mother for a Guardian Heroes HD via XBLA!! Throw ion Gunstar Heroes and I'd punch my dad too.....:lol

I hope this is a sign of good things to come!! <crosses fingers>

Draft said:
You can download the replays of leaderboard ranking scores and then what... watch them? That is awesome.

Wasn't there a Japanese release that came with a DVD showing the best players just like this? I seem to remember that.

The game looks good; I hope it doesn't have any slowdown. Though it was almost never during gameplay sections, the chugging during big explosions really hurt the atmosphere of the Gamecube edition.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Simply gorgeous.

I'll get to make up for the sin of being a Dreamcast fan and not owning this game...

Mamesj

Banned
Endow said:
Ikaruga and Rez HD.Doesn't get much better than this....

Ikaruga, Rez, Every Extend Extra Extreme, Lumines, Puzzle Fighter, and Puzzle Quest all on one system. It really is digital crack in its purest form.

Teknoman

Apharmd Battler said:
Not to digress, but I would slap my mother for a Guardian Heroes HD via XBLA!!

Im with you there. Make it have 4 player online co-op, have the original soundtrack from the game, keep the versus mode and make that online as well. That would just be an instant winner.

Also keeping that anime intro sequence would be a must.

Nikashi

Banned
Apharmd Battler said:
I fainted when I saw those shots, but online co-op ensures that I will be trapped in front of my HD set-up playing the HELL out of this game. This will be the third time I've purchased it, and I don't care (Dreamcast, Gamecube and now XBLA).

Not to digress, but I would slap my mother for a Guardian Heroes HD via XBLA!! Throw ion Gunstar Heroes and I'd punch my dad too.....:lol

Have you ever thought you might just hate your parents?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
I only ever made it to the third level when I owned it on the Dreamcast. I can't wait to play this! If this does well would there ever be any chance of Radiant Silvergun hitting XBLA? That's my favorite shooter ever.
I hope they don't bother with an RSG port, at least not in the immediate or near future. This Ikaruga re-release has already caused their new shooter to be delayed significantly, and I'd rather they be putting out some new stuff.

Antdogg355 said:
Is there any reason to get this if I already have the dreamcast version? I just heard about this and don't know all the details behind this release.
http://www.treasure-inc.co.jp/products/lp/ika360/ikaruga360.html

- Replay save and exchange.
- LIVE co-op.
- Online leaderboards.

I was psyched about Xbox Live play when it was first announced but have since become pessimistic concerning the lag and host advantage I've been experiencing in other XBLA games (Bomberman Live and Streets of Rage 2, specifically).

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Green Shinobi said:
Is the game really that hard? How does it compare to something like Einhander in terms of difficulty?
IMO, it's the toughest game out there.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Only problem with the game is that they *butchered* the music to get it to fit in 50 MB (why did they stick to the old limit?). It sounds like a 11 khz overcompressed mp3.
Everything else seems spot on perfect.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Blimblim said:
Only problem with the game is that they *butchered* the music to get it to fit in 50 MB (why did they stick to the old limit?). It sounds like a 11 khz overcompressed mp3.
This doesn't really make any sense considering that the Dreamcast version is *checks*... 35.2 MB. Uncompressed.

Vlad

Green Shinobi said:

I've never played Einhander, but as far as shooters go, I'd call it pretty tough, but in a different way than most other shooters I've tried. The color-switching mechanic makes surviving the levels almost puzzle-like, as there's plenty of times where there's this almost random-looking mass of bullets, but if you sort of zone out and take it all in, you can see this pattern that you can switch your way through.

Blimblim said:

That's horrible :(

Sounded like they were doing everything right too...

Sixfortyfive said:
This doesn't really make any sense considering that the Dreamcast version is *checks*... 35.2 MB. Uncompressed.
Correct.

The music is done via programmed instrumentation rather than prerecorded audio. The game is tiny.

Has nobody actually noticed that Tate mode is just upscaled and not actually rendered in HD, big disappointment :(

Still won't stop me picking this gem up! (Barring any dodgyness in the port, but I reckon it'll still turn out to be the best version of all)

dbish

Anyone know if this has the challenge and practice mode of the GC version (and possibly the DC version, I never played that)? It was really nice to be able to just play individual stages and work on them.

Either way I'll be picking this up, I'm just curious.

Top Bottom