• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Ikaruga XBLA images

n3ss

aka acr0nym
nice... can't wait, now its time to practice my dot eater skills. last time i played i was able to get past the first 3 stages without dying! :D

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
AlphaTwo00 said:
Sadly, that quote will not appear on a box of any sort.
Doesn't matter, since it already has!

box-l.jpg

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
natureman3 said:
it makes me think i really want Eihander + raystorm rebuilt for ps3 on the psn. Why are there so many shooters on xbla and not on psn... ??

I won't buy anything on PSN until the point cards come out. I'm sure that is a big reason.

Cool, never played this, but I do like shoot-em ups even if I am pretty rubbish at them, now I might finally be bothered to find the stand I need to rotate my Dell. (Anyone know if you can get E228WFP rotatable stands in the UK?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I have the Gamecube version already, but thanks to the Freeloader not being either free OR loading games for me anymore, my vast collection of Cube games has been made entirely redundant.

Time to cough up the points for this one then, methinks!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dai Kaiju said:
Hey guys, remember when XBLA sucked balls? Day 1 purchase.

Hard to believe that was just a year ago, the days of Ms. Pac-Man and New Rally-X if you were lucky.

kurahadol

I'm sorry to say that I've never got around to playing this game. Seems that now is finally my chance, day 1 purchase confirmed. Because of this and Rock Band...MS is getting so much of my money.

Davidion

I've never played this game yet I have a bunch of art from the title. It's beautiful stuff. I'd love to get this on a download service but alas, VC doesn't have it.

Anyone knows where I can get the gamecube version for cheap?

kurahadol

Davidion said:
I've never played this game yet I have a bunch of art from the title. It's beautiful stuff. I'd love to get this on a download service but alas, VC doesn't have it.

Anyone knows where I can get the gamecube version for cheap?

They go on ebay for about $40-$60. You may luck into a copy at like EB or something, but that's as cheap as you'll see one.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Nope, not buying it. I've finally learned my lesson with Xbox Live. I don't need to buy an XBLA game, end up buying another system, and not be able play the game anymore because of some BS license hardware restriction. I'd LOVE to get it, but not unless its on disc media.

Rlan

SuperEnemyCrab said:
TeamXbox has their review up already for it:

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1456/Ikaruga/p1/

got a 9. I guess this means it must come out next week??

Maybe. They'll cannibalize each other's sales though - People playing Omega 5 will still be playing Omega 5. Then Rez and Trigger Heart.

Plus if the latest previews have said anything about upcoming releases [Brain Challenge, Boku Sudoku, Boogie Bunnies, Coffee Time Crosswords] we might be in for a wad of shit straight afterwards :|

pr0cs

mr jones said:
Nope, not buying it. I've finally learned my lesson with Xbox Live. I don't need to buy an XBLA game, end up buying another system, and not be able play the game anymore because of some BS license hardware restriction. I'd LOVE to get it, but not unless its on disc media.
while irritating it only rears it's ugly head if you're not online.
annoying and my biggest complaint about XBLA titles, but hardly worth skipping some of the great unique titles on there.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
pr0cs said:
while irritating it only rears it's ugly head if you're not online.
annoying and my biggest complaint about XBLA titles, but hardly worth skipping some of the great unique titles on there.

It is when you don't always have broadband access to the internet. :(

Anyways, I have a Dreamcast with a VGA box, so I'm not hurting too bad. Its games like Castle Crashers, Undertow, and the like. Original titles that you can't find elsewhere. I WANT to get them, but I don't trust the hardware that they're released on anymore to pay for a game that I'd only be able to play the demo of if I switch systems.

mr jones said:
It is when you don't always have broadband access to the internet. :(
Phone them up and plead with them. There's plenty of people on here that have got them to refund their points so they could buy the games again on another account (thus giving the machine offline access again).

This will be my third XBLA purchase in 2008. I can't believe I'm saying that already in january.

Hopefully, XBLA can keep up the pace and we don't have to suffer from another drought of good games.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Nuclear Muffin said:
Has nobody actually noticed that Tate mode is just upscaled and not actually rendered in HD, big disappointment :(
yep, quite noticeable actually.

a bite of ika trivia: the original DC port was suffering from the opposte effect - the game being a direct port from the portrait-screen arcade, was showing minor texture under-sampling (aka shimmering) in the reduced-viewport landscape mode, as apparenly some of the texel mapping ratios had been originally tuned for the full portrait mode, skipping mipmaps in the process. i still remember the awe from my first monitor rotation, seeing the game in its pixel-perfect splendor. apropos, the same has repeated with under defeat, which also originates from a portrait-display arcade, AFAIK.

Still won't stop me picking this gem up! (Barring any dodgyness in the port, but I reckon it'll still turn out to be the best version of all)
you should cover you face in shame and avoid people for the rest of your life if anything stopped you from picking yet another copy of ika. just buy it. now.

Vlad

Psychotext said:
I just watched the vids... I don't think I'm a good enough gamer to play this. =O

Well, you can still have fun with the game without getting as good as.. well, pretty much any of the videos you'll see posted online.

Personally, I can barely beat it on normal and don't even bother getting chains on anything but the first level, but I still love playing it.

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
How much does the Gamecube version go for on ebay anyways? Perhaps I will sell mine now.

I know I'll be holding on to mine. Who knows if we'll be able to play any of the XBLA games we bought 10 years from now and after the original the machine we purchased the game on has long since broken?

thaivo

It's crazy, but this and Rez HD are really making want to buy a 360. I bought one two years ago, but returned it because I didn't have a HDTV at the time... I'm hoping that the Premium drops to $299 some day. I'm guessing around next holiday season.

Top Bottom