• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First image of "Batman and Harley Quinn" animated movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold up
What

17.jpg

Penguin

It really does seem off

Like the characters are being placed on the backgrounds

C8grvpbU0AE9jGC.jpg

Oh more deets

Returning to voice Batman is Kevin Conroy, who first played the role on Batman: The Animated Series and most recently voiced him for the animated film Batman: The Killing Joke. Loren Lester is Nightwing, and, like Conroy, first voiced the character (as Robin) in B:TAS. Taking on the part of Harley Quinn is Melissa Rauch, best known as Dr. Bernadette Rostenkowsi-Wolowitz on The Big Bang Theory.

this is an original story featuring the reluctant team-up of Batman, Nightwing and Harley Quinn to try and stop a global catastrophe caused by Poison Ivy and Jason Woodrue, AKA the Plant-Master.

It really does seem off

Like the characters are being placed on the backgrounds

C8grvpbU0AE9jGC.jpg

Oh more deets

Harley teaming up with Batman and Nightwing against Poison Ivy? There had better be a good explanation why Harley would side with them over her best friend. Maybe Ivy is being used by this Plant-Master guy?

Goodstyle

Paget Brewster as Poison Ivy... That's amazing casting actually. Officially excited for this. Plot sounds like Harlequinnade but with Poison Ivy as the villain instead of the Joker.
Harley teaming up with Batman and Nightwing against Poison Ivy? There had better be a good explanation why Harley would side with them over her best friend. Maybe Ivy is being used by this Plant-Master guy?

Ivy is trying to destroy the world here, which is something she'd totally do if it helped out plants. Harley helped stop the Joker when he was going to nuke Gotham. It doesn't matter if she loves/likes someone, she'll help stop them if they destroy the things she herself cares about.

Penguin

She teams up with them to track the Joker in The Animated Series and that's her pudding, but assume they'll be a 3rd act heel turn

Looks okay. It would be interesting (if this has any relation to the DCAU) if this occurs post-ROTJ flashback.

I hope someone wakes Kevin Conroy up this time because his performance in Killing Joke was THE WORST.

I wish they would just replace him, I loved him in the Animated Series but now he just sounds bored.

Get Roger Craig Smith.

I think he's fine when the material is good. KJ felt like all the VA's knew they were part of a shit sandwich and gritted their teeth through the line readings.

dh4niel

I'm a big fan of Bruce Timm's work but this seems like a cash-in on Harley's popularity. They pretty much say so in that video!

Urgh, that's a little too The New Batman Adventures in art style. And even then it's flatly shaded, uneven, and just cheap-looking. I guess we're doomed to Batman animated movies on shoestring budgets now.

Goodstyle

So Harley/Nightwing is gonna be a thing here. Also, Poison Ivy punches Harley out in this film in a plan she has to destroy the whole planet. But sure, Joker is the abusive one. I mean... he is, but so is Ivy. She's not a great alternative folks!

Looks okay. It would be interesting (if this has any relation to the DCAU) if this occurs post-ROTJ flashback.

Harley in that universe went off the grid after that flashback, disappeared according to old lady Babs.

I just watched that so I remember that Barbara says that her body was never found/identified after ROTJ. So probably not, unless they retcon.

Harley in that universe went off the grid after that flashback, disappeared according to old lady Babs.

That's only according to Barb. The end of ROTJ highly hinted that the old lady who bailed out the twins was Harley (who complained about working in a diner to make ends meet). It's possible the plot of this is something Bruce always kept away from Babs. Maybe she was recuperating from the miscarriage.

Remember when Catwoman flirted with Nightwing in TNBA...
ugh.

Every Friday during third grade a student would get to pick what cartoon channel to watch. When it was my turn I said kidsWB because snack time and Batman were at the time. That was the episode that was on. I'm still embarrassed over that.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Remember when Catwoman flirted with Nightwing in TNBA...
ugh.

As much as I love the DCAU, Catwoman was one of the very, very few characters they got seriously wrong in that universe.

The characterization, the costume (both of them), the character design....it just wasn't Selina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom