• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First image of Moby Dick Studio's (The Phantom Pain) CEO Joakim Mogren

Revan

MGS something almost all but confirmed at this point.....Fox Engine Logo?

Wondering if this is a Vita game....

Running on the FOX ENGINE!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

aa0d09e9de859d2ac5e251e454f8d54b

Also obviously next gen versions will be available as revealed by the "answers" to Geoff's questioning (since it was all scripted).

decanters

Neo Member
All questions will be answered at GDC...coincidentally Kojima's talk also got extended at GDC...

Also did you guys catch that ...when Geoff asked him if the game was in Fox engine...and "Joakim" just stares at him wide-eyed and you hear a very MGS-esque "!" jingle in background?

If it wasn't obvious before it definitely is now! Metal Gear Solid 5!

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
New Phantom Pain trailer planned for GDC 2013, “will answer all of your questions”
March 15th, 2013 Posted in News
Posted By: Valay

Moby Dick Studio “CEO” Joakim Mogren’s interview on GameTrailers TV just wrapped up. Although he wouldn’t reveal any new details about The Phantom Pain, “Mogren” did show several new images from the game including screenshots and concept art.

A big reveal is planned for GDC 2013, it seems. Mogren told GT.TV host Geoff Keighley that a new trailer will be shown during the event, and said: “I can confirm that it will answer all of your questions.”

Hideo Kojima just so happened to state on his Twitter account recently that he was preparing a trailer of his own for GDC. An announcement is planned as well,/b>. You can probably connect the dots…

Keighley asked Mogren about a few other topics, such as whether The Phantom Pain will be released on the PlayStation 4. Naturally, the question was dodged. Keep your eyes peeled for GDC, folks!

So I stayed up all night for that? :/ I was hoping for a cheesy reveal or something. I didn't even get to watch it, just heard the results from you guys

I have to wonder how much more "lol gaming journalism!" grief people would be giving Geoff if instead of KojiPro this was EA or Activition's little publicity stunt he were playing along with.

That was great.

I have to wonder how much more "lol gaming journalism!" grief people would be giving Geoff if instead of KojiPro this was EA or Activition's little publicity stunt he were playing along with.

"lol gaming journalism!" is implied from the start with the Doritos Pope, there's not that much more of a need to bring it up more considering.

SpokkX

Haha good stuff

Btw the guy is Norwegian, not Swedish

For a Swede this is easy to hear, he has a clear Norwegian accent

MormaPope

Banned

They would never do this sort of thing to begin with, would be to risky to play around with an IP or franchise in their eyes.

Eusis

Kojima is awesome. Hope he continues making games for another 25 years. Gotta get that old old Snake.
The thing is I want him to be able to be heavily involved in something NOT Metal Gear, much like with Snatcher and Policenauts before.

... Actually, that'd be the greatest thing: if after all this teasing it turns out yes, it's a Kojima Productions game in the Fox Engine, it IS headed by Hideo Kojima... but it's not a Metal Gear game whatsoever, just a few nods at best much like the Metal Gear in Snatcher.

Top Bottom