• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at THE FLASH [Extended trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a commercial that aired last night during the football game:

Green Arrow: Barry, I don't think that lightning struck you. I think it chose you.

Aaand, I'm out. If that's the kind of writing they're using to advertise the show, there's no way it gets any better once the show is actually on. That's embarrassingly bad.

Standard superhero pep talk, man.

If the writing's as fun and fast paced as Arrow, it'll be an awesome ride.

I was just given an Apple TV for my birthday and I'm keen to jump aboard the Flash. Is the iTunes Season Pass ($29.99) a good deal? It's not available on the AUS store, meaning I'd have to buy a US iTunes card, but I'm willing if it means I can have watch every episode without fuss.

Penguin

I was just given an Apple TV for my birthday and I'm keen to jump aboard the Flash. Is the iTunes Season Pass ($29.99) a good deal? It's not available on the AUS store, meaning I'd have to buy a US iTunes card, but I'm willing if it means I can have watch every episode without fuss.

Seems to be a fair price, little more than a buck per episode, but since we don't know how good or bad the show ultimately be when it airs... don't wanna tell you to buy it

Seems to be a fair price, little more than a buck per episode, but since we don't know how good or bad the show ultimately be when it airs... don't wanna tell you to buy it

I have trust in the team behind the show. Arrow is my favourite hour of television bar none and having seen the Flash pilot, I think this has just as much potential if not more.

anaron

I saw a commercial that aired last night during the football game:

Green Arrow: Barry, I don't think that lightning struck you. I think it chose you.

Aaand, I'm out. If that's the kind of writing they're using to advertise the show, there's no way it gets any better once the show is actually on. That's embarrassingly bad.

I just watched the pilot a few days ago and that's probably the only glaringly bad scene

Yeah that whole scene felt like something that was thrown in without taking the time to get it right. Like one night they were like "hey we should get Amell over here and say something" and then later that night wrote and shot it in a couple takes.

Penguin

They already acknowledged old show when they casted John Wesley Shipp for Flash pilot.

Oh that's what I meant

Between his casting and this, because I hardly see DC/Warner talk about the show.

Granted, it only lasted a season and not sure how many people remember it fondly.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Oh that's what I meant

Between his casting and this, because I hardly see DC/Warner talk about the show.

Granted, it only lasted a season and not sure how many people remember it fondly.
I remember during the first season of Dawson's Creek there was a scene where Dawson started running somewhere and my friend said "The Flash's son should be way faster than that." I couldn't help but laugh and our girlfriends were upset we were talking. :lol

Malvingt2

'Arrow' casts 'Spartacus' actor as Captain Boomerang

A Spartacus fan favorite is coming to The CW’s Arrow as a major supervillian.

Nick Tarabay (Star Trek Into Darkness) has landed a multi-episode role as Digger Harkness (aka Captain Boomerang), EW can exclusively report.

In the DC Comics, Boomerang/Harkness is
a recurring foe of the Flash whose signature weapons are specialized boomerangs that he wields with incredible skill. On the page, he has also been associated with the Suicide Squad. On Arrow, Harkness will be a former A.R.G.U.S operative, highly skilled in martial arts and espionage, with a deadly thirst for vengeance against his former employers.

Nick-Tarabay.jpg

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/16/a.../?hootPostID=6b2ec8f8bb8ec3865e7ca65eeef99632

I find this news interesting..

So, the Rogues. It's pretty cool that they've basically already started assembling a team to oppose Barry, but they're like... not total scumbags?

And the Prison Break alums to play them... genius, CW.

Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold
Dominic Purcell as Heatwave
Robert Knepper as the Clock King (assuming he joins the Rogues)

Peter Stormare is the new Vertigo in Arrow, so I doubt he'll be with The Rogues.

Who else would be part of the Rogues?

Nyanmaruz

I'm starting to think that the Rogues will fully assemble to take on the Flash by the end of season 1 at this rate. I also think it's best if they save Reverse-Flash for season 2 and possibly Gorilla Grodd as well.

ReiGun

So, the Rogues. It's pretty cool that they've basically already started assembling a team to oppose Barry, but they're like... not total scumbags?

And the Prison Break alums to play them... genius, CW.

Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold
Dominic Purcell as Heatwave
Robert Knepper as the Clock King (assuming he joins the Rogues)

Peter Stormare is the new Vertigo in Arrow, so I doubt he'll be with The Rogues.

Who else would be part of the Rogues?
Characters most commonly associated with the Rogues (those already cast bolded):

Weather Wizard
Capt. Cold
Heatwave
Capt. Boomerang

Mirror Master
The Top
The Trickster
Golden Glider
Pied Piper
The Top
Abra Kadabra

It's also possible they could include Arrow villains, like Clock King.

I'm starting to think that the Rogues will fully assemble to take on the Flash by the end of season 1 at this rate. I also think it's best if they save Reverse-Flash for season 2 and possibly Gorilla Grodd as well.

Given the pace that Arrow runs at, I think the full-fledged Rogues will be battling Barry by the end of Season 1 for sure.

But I think given the whole
mysterious death of Barry's mom
thing, Reverse Flash will be saved for much later, maybe post Season 2. I think
Infinite Crisis
will be the series endgame, maybe.

I have a friend who is working on this show in Vancouver in the production department. I might check it out because of that.

You should check it out probably cause it'll be a metric ton of fun.

ReiGun

The Arrow team's philosophy is to just shoot all their shots while they have the chance. Makes sense, since another season is never guaranteed. No way we don't have a version of the Rogues and Reverse Flash before season one is over.

Now where they'll fit as far as who is the big bad of the season, no one can say. But given that (pilot spoilers)
the show is setting up a damned Crisis this season, it's probably safe to say it won't be the Rogues. lol

The Arrow team's philosophy is to just shoot all their shots while they have the chance. Makes sense, since another season is never guaranteed. No way we don't have a version of the Rogues and Reverse Flash before season one is over.

I think the primary threat will be The Rogues, since Reverse Flash is Barry's archenemy going on for, like, forever. So, I'm thinking maybe the plot will move quick with Reverse Flash, but he won't be dealt with till a future season.

Maybe we'll get hardcore reveals about him, but a delayed confrontation? If they wanna give the Rogues their dues, I don't think throwing Reverse Flash in there will work, it could get overstuffed fast.

Yup. And they also said that blowing through things so quickly also opens up many other story avenues they never thought about, and also allows them to go crazier with the lesser known characters. I love it!

This really is a glorious time for comic adaptations. Marvel killing it on the big screen (cmon, we got Batroc the Leaper on film for crying out loud), and DC (well, CW) killing it on the small screen. I never thought I would see Suicide Squad in live action, and now I am getting The Rogues too? Truly, this is the best timeline.

ReiGun

I think the primary threat will be The Rogues, since Reverse Flash is Barry's archenemy going on for, like, forever. So, I'm thinking maybe the plot will move quick with Reverse Flash, but he won't be dealt with till a future season.

Maybe we'll get hardcore reveals about him, but a delayed confrontation? If they wanna give the Rogues their dues, I don't think throwing Reverse Flash in there will work, it could get overstuffed fast.

I see R. Flash being the show's Deathstroke: set up in season 1, but the big bad for season 2. Depending on where they take it, they could either have him be recurring for season 3, or set up a new big bad by mining Flash's lore or digging into the DCU as a whole.

The Rogues will likely be recurring in different iterations over the course of the show. DC really likes Capt. Cold, so I see him being the big mainstay and most developed character.

I see R. Flash being the show's Deathstroke: set up in season 1, but the big bad for season 2. Depending on where they take it, they could either have him be recurring for season 3, or set up a new big bad by mining Flash's lore or digging into the DCU as a whole.

The Rogues will likely be recurring in different iterations over the course of the show. DC really likes Capt. Cold, so I see him being the big mainstay and most developed character.

Definitely.

I really hope CW gives the Flash guys the budget to pull off some of these effects

Mariolee

Am I crazy for saying that The Flash was the best pilot I've seen in a long time? It's been a while since I've seen it and I thought at first it was just hype, but I am seriously impressed by how solid that pilot was.

Wiktor

Am I crazy for saying that The Flash was the best pilot I've seen in a long time? It's been a while since I've seen it and I thought at first it was just hype, but I am seriously impressed by how solid that pilot was.

You're not. Even the best pilots usually have some rough edges,because the team making them isn't yet fully synchronized. Flash just ran around the problem by using Arrow's team experience, coupling it with somebody who worked on Flash comics for years. So instead of starting from scratch they bassicaly took Arrow's S2 awesomeness and used it as a starting point.

Flash pilot felt like a good episode from second season, not a pilot.

ReiGun

The roughest thing about the Flash pilot was some of the dialogue, but even that I feel will level out as time passes and the team gets a handle on the characters.

Season 2 Arrow's dialogue was much improved from Season 1's, I felt. Even the cheesier moments felt better handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom