• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at THE FLASH [Extended trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Who the hell is Wade Eiling?

General Eiling?

From the Cadmus arc?
Set Doomsday on the island?
Became a hulking monster in season 3?

char_8742.jpg

I feel like I have to address and hopefully this will put to bed this ongoing battle that's been going on for a year.

I make no apologies in life of what I like whether it's movies, games, books, food, etc. I think, I hope, that when someone else does not like something I like we can just disagree on that and keep normal, friendly relations.
but when we are on a topic of say a Batman V Superman movie or even this topic or something completely unrelated (and I have witnessed it) just randomly talking about that particular movie and massively derailing the thread. that bothers me greatly.

it just really bothers me and it's a trend that I see not just with MoS but with other topics across this forum in the last couple of years that is really bringing down the level of discourse. so yeah, it irks me, but it's not just because of MoS but because of the need of individuals to score internet points to seem more edgy and cool. it's never my intent to engage in fights in this forum but when trying to find info on an upcoming movie or just wanting to talk about it, it really doesn't help to rehash old arguments.
thank you for reading and back to the topic.

very excited about Flash and so far everything is looking good (not just the ladies) does anyone think that one good way to revitalize the Green Lantern name would be to do a TV series? Hal Jordan is a ladies man so that takes care of the beautiful people part (hur hur) but more importantly Barry, Hal and Ollie are best friends and the possibilities for cross-overs would be awesome.

Cool. And thank you for the response.

You think he has his whole plan to take out The Flash tattooed all over his body?

ba dum tish

but seriously, he was the best part of that show, I don't think I've seen much of him since. and I don't think I've seen the last 2 RE film. Last one I saw ended on a boat I think, and i know I haven't seen the Las Vegas one.

Xamdou

Enjoyed Arrow a whole lot, this definitely looks interesting but he looks really weird in the costume for some reason. Not sure if it's the dark crimson color, his skinny figure or how his face looks with the mask on.

Enjoyed Arrow a whole lot, this definitely looks interesting but he looks really weird in the costume for some reason. Not sure if it's the dark crimson color, his skinny figure or how his face looks with the mask on.

Its a combination of problems.

Decently fitting textured suit.
Thick rubber cowl, making his head look unproportionally large
Almost nonexistent earbolts making the head look like a huge chrome dome.

maxcriden

Speaking of Captain Cold's solo issue whose cover is up there, anyone remember the solo Mirror Master issue where he was a cocaine addict and at the end of the issue makes a couple lines of coke on a mirror and is like "there are a thousand ways to use a mirror"...?

Grant says that Flashpoint could happen:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/1...says-flashpoint-story-line-could-happen-on-t/

The THR story spoils the ending of the pilot, in which
fans discover that, as actor Tom Cavanagh has hinted, there's more to S.T.A.R. Labs founder Harrison Wells than meets the eye.

"We're going to slowly find out more about
Harrison Wells
and what the hell is going on there," Gustin said. "What the coolest thing about that moment, to me, is they're setting up the fact that the Flashpoint story line [from the comics] could potentially happen — that Speed Force could be an aspect and time travel is potentially a part of the show."

Of course, time travel was a strong aspect of The Flash for years before Flashpoint took place, and the scene in question doesn't actually tease Flashpoint specifically but rather time travel in general. In fact, there is another, major DC Comics event story teased specifically and by name in that scene, which neither Gustin nor THR reference in the interview.

Elements of Flashpoint are seeded throughout the pilot, though; the notion of the Reverse-Flash killing Barry's mother, an idea created by Flashpoint writer and The Flash Executive Producer Geoff Johns in The Flash: Rebirth, is clearly alluded to, and that plot beat was the impetus behind the events of Flashpoint.

It's probably safe to assume that a universal reboot won't happen in the Arrowverse, even if Flashpoint is used in some way. The storyline, which gave way to DC's The New 52 publishing initiative, was also adapted into an animated feature film as Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox. That film, which was released on the same day The CW announced that The Flash would appear on Arrow with an eye toward getting his own series, rebooted the DC Universe animated feature films as a coherent universe, rather than the series of stand-alone movies they had been.

I'm hoping to see a scene where Flashpoint arrow stabs Reverse Flash in the chest like a FUCKING BALLER, I WANT YOU BACK THOMAS WAYNE BATMAN

death+of+reverse+flash.jpg

First look at Captain Cold

Cold2.jpg

looking good!

oh Shaggy Man is in the house?

hopefulluy it's styled after Grant Morrison's version.

Speaking of Captain Cold's solo issue whose cover is up there, anyone remember the solo Mirror Master issue where he was a cocaine addict and at the end of the issue makes a couple lines of coke on a mirror and is like "there are a thousand ways to use a mirror"...?

I think that was written during Geoff John's run and it was really really good.

My sister was at Surrey SFU today and apparently they were filming there tonight with Grant in full costume and the entire Mezzanine turned into some sort of office space.

Wish I'd known.

My sister was at Surrey SFU today and apparently they were filming there tonight with Grant in full costume and the entire Mezzanine turned into some sort of office space.

Wish I'd known.
They did that for a reason brah, you and me.

They need to keep raiding Starcrossed talent. Aimee Teegarden and Brina Palencia needs another shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom