• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at THE FLASH [Extended trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Goddammit, Xemnas.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT GUYS

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/18/t.../?hootPostID=1911eded093e2cc684d00fc4f68e53d2

The Flash is getting a chilly character addition this fall. The CW’s Arrow spin-off has just cast Prison Break actor Wentworth Miller as Leonard Snart, a.k.a. Captain Cold.

The freeze-gun-touting villain is one of Barry Allen/The Flash’s biggest adversaries in the DC Comics, and is the leader of the Rogues—a group of his enemies. Miller will guest star as the character in the fourth episode of the show’s debut season this fall. “We’ll be seeing his origin and the origin of the Rogues,” said executive producer Greg Berlanti.

The news was announced at the show’s Television Critics Association’s semi-annual press tour session in Beverly Hills on Friday. DC Comics chief creative officer Geoff Johns called The Flash “the most faithful DC adaptation ever.”
The panel also hinted at the addition of
telepathic supervillian Gorilla Grodd, whose presence in the show’s world is teased in the pilot (there’s an empty cage shown). “Obviously that Easter egg means the world to us,” said The Flash executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is out and hopefully they’re doing the R&D for us so that one day we can see exactly what jumped out of that cage.
”

And as previously announced, Robbie Amell (The Tomorrow People) will show up as one-half of Firestorm in episode three, and that the other half of Firestorm—Dr. Martin Stein—will come along as well. “I think as we evolve Firestorm, you’ll definitely meet Stein,” Berlanti said. “We actually had him in a version of the pilot at one point on the train with Barry when he was coming back from Starling.”
Another thing that will evolve: The Flash‘s red leather suit. Producers noted the suit will change over time thanks to innovations by Allen’s support team at Star Labs.
During the panel, a critic asked star Grant Gustin if he liked to run as a kid. “I hated running,” he said.”I quit soccer because I thought it was ridiculous going back and forth
.”

wentworth_miller_headshot_a_p.jpg

DieH@rd

Banned

Another great casting, and awesome job by showrunners for sticking with great comic book villains. Hopefully Captain Cold will form his Rogues group. :)

https://twitter.com/FlashTVNews/status/490193218055593986

Not surprising at all.
Never saw the upside to merging em

IMO, that's not the official source of news. I will wait until some showrunner confirms it.

edit - ah, it is official http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07...f-justice-geoff-johns-no-dc-movietv-crossover

I have zero faith in WB's Film division and especially with Snyder and Goyer (more so Goyer) in control of what's being done I very much prefer them to be separate. Besides that, the timelines don't work unless they do some retconning to make them fit.

I have zero faith in WB's Film division and especially with Snyder and Goyer (more so Goyer) in control of what's being done I very much prefer them to be separate. Besides that, the timelines don't work unless they do some retconning to make them fit.

how many more times does stuff have to be posted before it sinks in? Goyer isn't in Dawn of Justice it's Chris Terio.

and if Man of Steel really was as terrible as you are making it out to be, then sorry but that's who they are going with on teh creative side. after three Nolan movies and a good Man of Steel movie to say that there is no faith in WB superhero is just nitpicking at this point. nothing Marvel has done is leagues above MoS and Nolan movies.

how many more times does stuff have to be posted before it sinks in? Goyer isn't in Dawn of Justice it's Chris Terio.

and if Man of Steel really was as terrible as you are making it out to be, then sorry but that's who they are going with on teh creative side. after three Nolan movies and a good Man of Steel movie to say that there is no faith in WB superhero is just nitpicking at this point. nothing Marvel has done is leagues above MoS and Nolan movies.

Batman Begins and Dark Knight were fantastic. TDKR was mediocre, Man of Steel was shit. But that is just for me.

Many people loved TDKR and MoS, yourself included. But that doesnt change that many others hated them or found them disappointing. You always seem to be so defensive about MoS in threads. Just accept that some people didn't like it. It in no way diminishes how much you and many others loved it.

jey_16

Banned
Batman Begins and Dark Knight were fantastic. TDKR was mediocre, Man of Steel was shit. But that is just for me.

Many people loved TDKR and MoS, yourself included. But that doesnt change that many others hated them or found them disappointing. You always seem to be so defensive about MoS in threads. Just accept that some people didn't like it. It in no way diminishes how much you and many others loved it.

i think its more the fact that in every BvS thread....there are numerous posts about how shit the film is going to be and Goyer's involvement ruining it etc....

i think its more the fact that in every BvS thread....there are numerous posts about how shit the film is going to be and Goyer's involvement ruining it etc....

Getting annoyed at the constant Goyer argument I get. And Evil Solrac is pretty even headed in most threads I see him in. But for some reason criticism of Man of Steel just seems to make him go on a Mirakuru rager. At least that is how it comes across to me.

I wonder if Wentworth Miller can reach Barrowman/Bennett levels of BOSS SWAG. It's been a long time since I've seen him in anything.

captaincold.png

I love how they've put a big crossover in so fast.

ReiGun

Not merging the universes, eh? Just as well. I don't think it would have been the total train wreck most of y'all were convinced it would be, but I wasn't married to the idea much either.

Getting annoyed at the constant Goyer argument I get. And Evil Solrac is pretty even headed in most threads I see him in. But for some reason criticism of Man of Steel just seems to make him go on a Mirakuru rager. At least that is how it comes across to me.

It's how it comes across to me too.

You've got to let it go, evil. It's gonna tear you apart, man.

Penguin

I can't speak for him, but I think, for me, one of the reasons is that the hatred for the movie is so damn long-lasting and annoying.

Any casting news? Remember how shite Man of Steel was.
Any rumors? Remember how shite Man of Steel was!
Captain America. Godzilla. Transformers 4 releases. Remember how shite Man of Steel was?

It gets old quickly

ReiGun

I can't speak for him, but I think, for me, one of the reasons is that the hatred for the movie is so damn long-lasting and annoying.

Any casting news? Remember how shite Man of Steel was.
Any rumors? Remember how shite Man of Steel was!
Captain America. Godzilla. Transformers 4 releases. Remember how shite Man of Steel was?

It gets old quickly

Now this is fucking annoying. The first two I get because rumors and casting would naturally lead into talking the previous movie. This though? I'm over the need to invoke Man of Steel every time we talk about the latest summer blockbuster.

It's been over a year now. It's time to let the hurt go.

Honestly, I really like Man of Steel, and I'm hyped for Batman vs. Superman.

But I feel like the Arrowverse just... has a different mood than MoS and what they seem to be going for in the Cinematic Universe. I'd rather they go crazy with the DC Universe and tell these revamped stories their way than get handcuffed to whatever they're gonna do in the DCCU. I don't need to see Batman and Superman show up on Flash, I'd like to see Ollie and Barry take that place in this universe and stand on their own two feet.

One of the best things on Arrow (and soon Flash) is that the second (and third. And fourth) tier characters and villains are being brought to life. Who the hell thought we'd ever see any variation of Suicide Squad in live action?

One of the best things on Arrow (and soon Flash) is that the second (and third. And fourth) tier characters and villains are being brought to life. Who the hell thought we'd ever see any variation of Suicide Squad in live action?

Great point. The movies would always take the most well-known villains and just reuse them again and again. With the TV shows, we get to see little-known villains completely revamped and used, and it's pretty damned cool.

Who the heck thought Count Vertigo would ever show up? But he did and he was awesome.

HELL. Deathstroke. I can't imagine anyone pulling that shit off like Manu Bennett.

I would be disappointed at anyone playing Deathstroke on screen after Manu.

Well, Stephen Lang for badass, old man look Deathstroke would rock.

Or just give Manu a few years to age up. Get that old man swagger. Christ, imagine it.

Penguin

And actually why I prefer the verses be kept separate.

Imagine if Arrow was just gonna be like B-tier Batman leftovers? Or The Flash would get some of Superman's villains.

I mean we're getting Captain Cold in season one.. and you know Boomerang isn't too far behind!

Mariolee

Didn't they do the Suicide Squad in Smallville?

Or...do we not dare speak of it anymore?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Keeping the universes separate could be like what they're doing in the Earth-2 comic. Some of the heroes are the same, but they are different characters.

Wally West Flash in the movies would be awesome.

After actually reading the whole article I posted I see that it also confirms a big two hour arrow/flash crossover for episode 8 of both shows. Plus apparently half of the justice league will be represented between the two shows.

Just for confirmed characters, we could have a "Season Finale" league of:

Green Arrow
Arsenal
Flash
Black Canary (Sara or Laurel)
Atom
Vibe
Firestorm

I hope the announcement that DC considers TV and Film separate doesn't come with a reinstatement of the various DC embargoes. I'd love to see the Flash/Superman race or Batman and Arrow team up to take on the League of Assassins.

I'm fully aware that Terio re-wrote the script but it's still Goyer's story and he's still over seeing it along with the rest of the DCMU, maybe it'll be its saving grace because Goyer's track record shows he's a decent ideas guy but an over all shit script writer. Man of Steel is one of those movies that as long as I can turn my brain off I can enjoy but once it's over the issues I have with it come creeping back and the more I think it the more it annoys me until it pisses me off. But it's still more entertaining than Superman Returns so I guess there's that. TDKR was still the worst of the three Nolan Batman movies.

Maybe it's be more accurate to say my hopes are very low and I have little faith.

Wiktor

I wouldn;t call TDKR mediocre. It wasn't as good as Dark Knight, but it was still a damn good movie. Better than pretty much everything from Marvel with few rare exceptions in form of Iron Man 1 and Winter Soldier. It still is among the best superhero movies ever made. Top10 easily.
I can understand somehow people trashing MoS, but TDRK hate is ridiculous and shows how much divorced fanboys can be from the general audience and critics.

Wiktor

I'm fully aware that Terio re-wrote the script but it's still Goyer's story and he's still over seeing it along with the rest of the DCMU, maybe it'll be its saving grace because Goyer's track record shows he's a decent ideas guy but an over all shit script writer. h.

I think Goyer will do fine if he's got somebody to polish up his ideas. I mean, this guy was involved with half of top10 best superhero movies ever made. Half. He fails only when he's given free reign. As long as he got somebody talented to have his back, he does great.

I think Goyer will do fine if he's got somebody to polish up his ideas. I mean, this guy was involved with half of top10 best superhero movies ever made. Half. He fails only when he's given free reign. As long as he got somebody talented to have his back, he does great.

Pretty much, yeah.

I wouldn;t call TDKR mediocre. It wasn't as good as Dark Knight, but it was still a damn good movie. Better than pretty much everything from Marvel with few rare exceptions in form of Iron Man 1 and Winter Soldier. It still is among the best superhero movies ever made. Top10 easily.
I can understand somehow people trashing MoS, but TDRK hate is ridiculous and shows how much divorced fanboys can be from the general audience and critics.

it was a disappointing follow up to TDK. retcons and a weird tone to the film where it felt like it was trying to be begins and tdk but not living up to either.

but still. far better than avengers imo. it gives something to digest at least. whether or not that's good is up to opinion.

but i'd put cap 2 and iron man 1 and 3 above it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom