• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First official clip from Netlfix's Death Note - Light Meets Ryuk

That's better than I'd have expected. Kind of looking forward to it now.

Also didn't know they cast a black actor as L. I like it. Too bad it sounds like he's shit.

He's actually a good actor, so if he sucks in this I gotta blame the direction he was given.

I've never seen anything Nat Wolff was in so I can't comment on his ability.

Juicy Bob

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I don't like the idea of Ryuk actively encouraging Light to kill.

That was one of the dynamics I enjoyed most about the original story - that Ryuk was more a chaotic figure happy to just watch what happened rather than manipulate it.

Robin64

Woops?

v3w5wHn.png
ZfH0PbF.png

faint.

The trailers have already shown that this will heavily deviate from the anime, and after watching this scene, I'm totally cool with that. I think eventually Light will decide on his own how he will use the death note, but the limited dialogue from Ryuk with just enough influence to make a dude decapitate a random bully he knows is pretty awesome.

I feel like they should've just not named the main dude Light. Don't name the other guy L. Just should've made this a different death note if it deviates so harshly. Ryuk is awesome though from that clip in the OP! Very well done.

TissueBox

Couldn't sit through it. Too painful for me, personally. Then again I'm a picky prick sometimes.

And yeah Dafoe is good as usual, it's what you come to expect really.

Not

Banned
Just watched seventeen episodes of the anime on Netflix. Man, it starts out strong, if you just accept that Light is a natural psychopath, but then it just goes to hellllllllllllllll

Not gonna keep going

TissueBox

Just watched seventeen episodes of the anime on Netflix. Man, it starts out strong, if you just accept that Light is a natural psychopath, but then it just goes to hellllllllllllllll

Not gonna keep going

You should, the ending is at least one of the best in modern anime imo. Doesn't make up for some of the midway bull though.

Not

Banned
He's actually a good actor, so if he sucks in this I gotta blame the direction he was given.

I've never seen anything Nat Wolff was in so I can't comment on his ability.

Yeah, if Lakeith's bad in this, I kinda want nothing to do with it now. Half the reason I was excited.

ISOM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I don't like the idea of Ryuk actively encouraging Light to kill.

That was one of the dynamics I enjoyed most about the original story - that Ryuk was more a chaotic figure happy to just watch what happened rather than manipulate it.

This. I don't enjoy the change at all.

Top Bottom