• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First pics of Banjo-Threeie

Status
Not open for further replies.

exfixate

RumFore said:
I'm glad for a new Banjo but the graphics are not that super-duper amazing.

I think this game will impress way more in motion. I also don't think it looks remotely anything like LBP.

I've gotta say though, kinda surprised by how it looks. Not what I was expecting.

i have fucking had it, i know im a junior member but this has to be stated, i really hope that UNLESS a thread is stated to be a comparison thread, any comparison with any other game on another system should be banned by the mods. This really needs to stop, it ruins the quality of every thread and most people dont take interest in the games anymore

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
20x zoom = Banjo wins

QGkxQSAkz.gif

Teknoman

All I know is that I hope the game has catchy music like the first Banjo Kazooie, and I hope they keep the same voice jumbled types from the N64 games.

Really looking forward to this because Next-Gen aside from Mario and Sonic has really been platformer starved.

We need some new original platforming IPs too.

Teknoman said:
All I know is that I hope the game has catchy music like the first Banjo Kazooie, and I hope they keep the same voice jumbled types from the N64 games.

Really looking forward to this because Next-Gen aside from Mario and Ratchet has really been platformer starved.

We need some new original platforming IPs too.
Fixed

dejan

Agent Icebeezy said:
What he is saying is that it is going to be the best looking game ever when it is revealed next week.
Eagerly awaiting f@lus' next post in which he will remind us (again) that this won't happen ... like ever.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Amir0x said:
Icebeezy is Peter Moore. Sure, EA has his number now but... you never quite get over your first love.
plus rareware is british

so there's the nationalist element

George K. said:
Heh, and we've not even started talking about the game yet! I suppose that's teh intarwebz for you.

If you had to categorize your game, which existing category would it most likely be found in?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Who is this dude?

The person that, for like 2 years, has been saying Banjo is going to be the best looking game ever when it is released and it looks like the people in Twycross is going to back up my words.

:D

Amir0x

Banned
i gotta say Icebeezy that while these images look nice it does not back up your statement that it is going to be the best looking game ever when released

these images do not even support a top ten claim, yet.

NeXuSDK

Agent Icebeezy said:
What he is saying is that it is going to be the best looking game ever when it is revealed next week. Plus it is going to have kickass gameplay. Banjo is a fucking superstar again and people are just going to have to deal with it.

Wow, don't interpret my messages freely. What I'm saying is that I am personally very excited about this game and that these screens in no way cover what this game contains.

Agent Icebeezy

Amir0x said:
i gotta say Icebeezy that while these images look nice it does not back up your statement that it is going to be the best looking game ever when released

these images do not even support a top ten claim, yet.

That is true, but I'm confident.

NeXuSDK said:
Wow, don't interpret my messages freely. What I'm saying is that I am personally very excited about this game and that these screens in no way cover what this game contains.

I'm adding in my own stupid amounts of hype. Real Banjo fans have waited years for this, this thread has already gone to shit and it has pissed me off so some of that came out. :D

Mash

Agent Icebeezy said:
The person that, for like 2 years, has been saying Banjo is going to be the best looking game ever when it is released and it looks like the people in Twycross is going to be up my words.

:D

But your belief has had no justification until now so it would be a wishful guess at best. No prize for you.

I think it looks great though, genuinely fun looking and inviting which is something missing from this gen, Rare always delivers in that regard.

TDG

Banned
Wow, I'm really surprised. I was really hoping that Rare would be able to come through with the visuals for this came, and it appears they have. *clears throat* um, of course it's not Crysis, but it looks really nice. It going to be nice to have a colorful platformer like this to play on the 360 between sessions of shooters.

I just want to know more, goddamnit.

Also: :lol @ the LBP comparisons.

RumFore

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
What is the sense to be interested in a rip-off the Wiimote?

There are 2 logic thing to hope:

1) The new controller is not only a rip-off of the Wii controller, otherwise it would not make sense since the Wii is out there and it has the Wiimote as absolute standard.

2) There is not a new controller and Banjo uses simply the classic one. So, what will matter is the innovation as genre and not as gameplay.
The 360 controller might be better with more features. Who the hell knows but I think a lot of people are interested in seeing it even if you are not.

besiktas1

Can a man dream and say it looks like a user generated level,

Take a wall stick a texture on it (in this case brown wall) paint on the floor (stitched), add enemies.

The crooked placed walls on the left remind me of Forge...

:lol I'm getting ahead of myself

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
well whatever the case, i would like some of your optimism drug for my final on tuesday. i am going to need it.

Revelations said:
Media Embargo lifts May 13th, 2008.

There. Confimred.
I'm assuming this is when the conference begins. Didn't Kotaku say that all the embargoes for what is going to be at the Media Event go up right before it starts?

When does the media event start on Tuesday? What time?

Agent Icebeezy

Mash said:
But your belief has had no justification until now so it would be a wishful guess at best. No prize for you.

Not really. Rare has always been great technically and IIRC, this is the first game to use an engine that was exclusively designed for the Xbox 360. Those were primarily my reasons for saying what I've said.

exfixate

NeXuSDK said:

Tuesday really can't come soon enough.

Is that to say that maybe these screens aren't what the game actually looks like, either? The visual style is exponentially different from what I was expecting -- per the "Mumbo's nuts", it seems like this is perhaps an opening cinematic in a storybook style that is all about self-referential humor.

The vehicles imply gameplay, though, so maybe I'm just reaching.

snack said:
I'm assuming this is when the conference begins. Didn't Kotaku say that all the embargoes for what is going to be at the Media Event go up right before it starts?

The media was given a look at the game a few weeks ago. Images and media from that event go up ASAP on Tuesday.

Danielsan

So can we delete the first 10 or so pages?

Anywho, the game looks graphically nice as was expected from Rare. I'm not sure if I dig the style. It feel to flat/empty? Ofcourse this is just judging from 2 screenshots.

I also really really hope that vehicles won't play a huge role in this game. If the game is mostly vehicle based then I'm out. I want my real proper HD platformer.

Ranger X

Not sure about the new art... but i welcome change. Might be great.

Doesn't look like it will focus platforming... but the screens don't show much.

I should be excited i guess... but i still don't know enough about gameplay to judge anything.

Majmun

It looks alright. The screens don't show much. I'm pretty sure the game will be good though. Loved the previous Banjo iterations.

Agent Icebeezy said:
What he is saying is that it is going to be the best looking game ever when it is revealed next week. Plus it is going to have kickass gameplay. Banjo is a fucking superstar again and people are just going to have to deal with it.

:lol

snack said:

There will be NO cameras or digital devices allowed at the media event in San Francisco on teusday. Any media from that event will be official from MGS/Rare.

Game looks great as expected. My only concern is, instead of a plane, what happended to Banjo turning into a bee and flying around? I hope that aspect of the game has not been taken out. George? :D

Mash

Agent Icebeezy said:
Not really. Rare has always been great technically and IIRC, this is the first game to use an engine that was exclusively designed for the Xbox 360. Those were primarily my reasons for saying what I've said.

Good point actually and I kind of agree. I even quite liked the over shiney look of PD0.

Agent Icebeezy

Revelations said:
There will be NO cameras or digital devices allowed at the media event in San Francisco on teusday. Any media from that event will be official from MGS/Rare.

LOLZ, no shitty vids from IGN. I guess we will see something proper on marketplace.

EDIT: Will there be liveblogging?

gkryhewy

JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST! This has certainly been a 360 weekend. That looks phenomenal!

But the 'LBP derivative' comments - on the first fucking page? Pathetic. NeoFAQs indeed - you people should all be beaten senseless with a 2x4.

Emiru

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
What? This has been in development long before LBP.
This is GAF Sony/Nintendo are innovative MS is evil and steal everything.

Wooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best graphics ive ever seen, fuck off gears....

Ryuuga

Banned
360 threads

If it's an platforming thread
-post images/discuss R&C/Uncharted

If it's an exclusive 360/PC title (use as many smilies as possible)
-mention it's psuedo-exclusivity
-preach the superiority of the PC version

If it's an fps/shooter thread
-post images of/discuss Killzone/Resistance

If it's an racing game thread | post images of/discuss GT5 (use smilies when PGR4 is brought into the fray)
Misc genres (especially multiplatform) mention RROD and fees for LIVE

Always remember, you're only as good as the amount of smilies you're able to fit into one post. Why waste time refuting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom