• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First pics of Banjo-Threeie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryuuga said:
360 threads

If it's an platforming thread
-post images/discuss R&C/Uncharted

If it's an exclusive 360/PC title (use as many smilies as possible)
-mention it's psuedo-exclusivity
-preach the superiority of the PC version

If it's an fps/shooter thread
-post images of/discuss Killzone/Resistance

If it's an racing game thread | post images of/discuss GT5 (use smilies when PGR4 is brought into the fray)
Misc genres (especially multiplatform) mention RROD and fees for LIVE

Always remember, you're only as good as the amount of smilies you're able to fit into one post. Why waste time refuting?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
snoopers said:

I'm sorry, I forgot that this messes up the good guys as well. So, when they be giving you proper materials or are you just going to show up, watch some clips then go home?

Agent Icebeezy said:
LOLZ, no shitty vids from IGN. I guess we will see something proper on marketplace.

EDIT: Will there be liveblogging?
I suspect Majo Nelson and his team is planning official coevrage. There may be a few officially MS sanctioned media organizations there.

Nitsuj23

Ryuuga said:
360 threads

If it's an racing game thread | post images of/discuss GT5 (use smilies when PGR4 is brought into the fray)

Always remember, you're only as good as the amount of smilies you're able to fit into one post. Why waste time refuting?

lol this seems kind of accurate

But instead of bitching on eachother and pretending RareWare is stealing artdesigns from other games although that isn't even necessary because Rare is the king of the world we could just analyze the screenshots!

Screenshot 1:

I think we pretty much all have seen Banjo is in a weird airplane kind of thing. It looks very complex. I presume you can also use it in the water, maybe in this form or in the one on the second screen, because it has those safety things. You can also shoot things with it, there are two mortars on the front. Probably Mumbo's Nuts. We also see a bit of Kazooie's hair, or just a feather that is needed to power the airplane. Yes, Kazooie will be nude at the end of the game :p
In the background we see a huge sign of the company that's called Mumbo's Nuts. These would be coconuts, seeing that the Mumbo Head's eyes are coconuts. It doesn't look like a real big company or very profitable, because the stones aren't real and are just stickers and the site in the back looks quite empty. It looks like a giant building where Banjo's in, because there are clearly walls, and a ceiling.
We also see a Chain-Chomp kind of blue thing, that's probably an enemy.

Screenshot 2:

In this screenshot, we see Banjo riding a weird boat, with the same safety things as we saw on the airplane of Screenshot 1. This boat though, has clearly an entirely different colour. In the back we see giant cogs that reach up to the ceiling, and giant LCD screens on the walls. It looks like this screenshot is taken in the same huge building as the first one. There is also a cloud floating randomly.

There are many questions here, what are the COG's powering, and what is Banjo doing in vehicles in a giant building looking at Mumbo's Nuts?

And is storyline No. 4 really the storyline?
(Rumour Four: Banjo comes out of retirement to stop his home being redeveloped into tower blocks and malls.
To end the struggle, a capricious higher power engineers a bear/witch showdown through worlds of the imagination – with Spiral Mountain's ownership deeds going to the victor.)

Or is it, because Banjo doesn't look he's already in retirement, storyline No. Five:
(War comes to Spiral Mountain, and Banjo becomes a reluctant leader.
Ever seen a Jinjo Tank? Or Grunty's Grappling Grenadier Grunts? You will when you take on our innovative RTS-platformer hybrid campaign.)
We're seeing weird vehicles alright!

fse

looks fucking brilliant. great textures it seems too. love the art style. seems the worlds are gonna be massive.

platformer of the year :eek:

Agent Icebeezy said:
The person that, for like 2 years, has been saying Banjo is going to be the best looking game ever when it is released and it looks like the people in Twycross is going to back up my words.

:D

I dont think you will be dissapointed. The combination of the delicasssies of xenos, the excellence of Rare and xbox 360 vigorous online community xbox live is bound to result in greatness. Its an miss used cliche but im certain Banjo-Threeie will be of Pixar like quality. A visual feast is given, but i would not doubt Rare mastery when it comes to gameplay.

Banjo-Threeie will undoubtedly set the tone for the rest of the generation.

Nolan.

Ryuuga said:
360 threads

Hahaha this thread follows none of those formulas though. We've had crysis, uncharted (which was a joke), R&c and Lbp with a smidge of galaxy. In fairness it's been mostly good and no one has been comparing it to ratchet in a disparaging nature.

Dr von plutt said:
I dont think you will be dissapointed. The combination of the delicasssies of xenos, the excellence of Rare and xbox 360 vigorous online community xbox live is bound to result in greatness. Its an miss used cliche but im certain Banjo-Threeie will be of Pixar like quality. A visual feast is given, but i would not doubt Rare mastery when it comes to gameplay.

have you lost it? or a ps3 fan trying to put on a bad example of a 360 fan?

Pizza Luigi said:
Or is it, because Banjo doesn't look he's already in retirement, storyline No. Five:
(War comes to Spiral Mountain, and Banjo becomes a reluctant leader.
Ever seen a Jinjo Tank? Or Grunty's Grappling Grenadier Grunts? You will when you take on our innovative RTS-platformer hybrid campaign.)
We're seeing weird vehicles alright!

Five was a rib on Halo Wars. I can't remember if anyone drew a parallel between rumour four and anything...

fse

gregor7777 said:
Uncharted_alley_shoot.jpg

uncharted-pics.jpg

uncharted-tb.jpg

EDIT: ;)

Desperate ?
;)

Does anyone think those pics were leaked on purpose? i mean MS has been pretty tight on their game and all of a sudden these pics come out? and on the weekend when theres no news so if anything gets announced it explodes.

jump_button said:
any one get a Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction feeling? not the style iam use to but maybe we see got me worry now but

Not at all. Both are anthropomorphic characters. That's about it.

pswii60

Revelations said:
There will be NO cameras or digital devices allowed at the media event in San Francisco on teusday. Any media from that event will be official from MGS/Rare.
Is it only Rare stuff at this event then? Or all MGS stuff?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Art looks good mush better than Kameo, however the main characters not so much. The environment from those 2 pics are very well done.

Busty

Banned
:lol :lol :lol

What the fuck happened to this thread! I go off to watch the football and when I come back it's a total cluster fuck.

In less than fifteen pages this thread has gone from relatively rational debate to one of two extremes.

We now have people posting pics of Crysis' real world/game comparison to Agent Icebreezy acting like an elderly relative who's downed a box of wine at a Xmas dinner and is running around the living room trying to 'hug' everyone.

Happy medium people. Happy medium!!!!!!

Ryuuga

Banned
Nolan. said:
Hahaha this thread follows none of those formulas though. We've had crysis, uncharted (which was a joke), R&c and Lbp with a smidge of galaxy. In fairness it's been mostly good and no one has been comparing it to ratchet in a disparaging nature.

Yeah, It's just a general guideline for what people have already come to expect. It's part of the reason Gregor posted those Uncharted screens in the first place. When we get some more media next week we might as well slip a few LBP/R&C screenshots into the OP. They look so similar some people may not even notice.

Haunted

Eh? a seaplane? hm. Shots kinda remind me of DKC3 - not a bad thing, mind you.

As a huge fan of the first Banjo, I want to see some of the platforming (if it's still there) before forming an opinion. Scale and textures etc. look pretty good.

PS3 fans sure made themselves looks stupid in here, though. Not that Izebeezy's hyperbole looks any less stupid considering these shots. Essentially: "what Ami said"

have you lost it? or a ps3 fan trying to put on a bad example of a 360 fan?
I noticed that happening several times in the past week(s). Fanboy of one platform "disguising" himself as another fan to make them look bad. I saw a PS360 fan trying to be annoying as a Wii fan, which was pretty funny. In a sad, pathetic way, I mean.

evilone

EA Employee
Dr von plutt said:

:lol :lol Thats when I stopped reading.

pswii60

Busty said:
:lol :lol :lol

What the fuck happened to this thread! I go off to watch the football and when I come back it's a total cluster fuck.

In less than fifteen pages this thread has gone from relatively rational debate to one of two extremes.

We now have people posting pics of Crysis' real world/game comparison to Agent Icebreezy acting like an elderly relative who's downed a box of wine at a Xmas dinner and is running around the living room trying to 'hug' everyone.

Happy medium people. Happy medium!!!!!!
And then you posted.

FirewalkR

w00t!!! This weekend is being far from quiet, lots of new stuff. :D

Looks great, judging from the two pics in the OP, and being Rare I'll bet we didn't see nothing yet. Can't wait to see it moving. I didn't read the whole thread, are there more pics than those 2?

FabCam

Ryuuga said:
360 threads

In PS3 threads.

-Mario is better!

If it's an exclusive PS3 title (use as many smilies as possible)
-it sucks
-it's only timed exclusive. 360 version will be better.

-not a Halo killer!1

If it's an racing game thread | Forza is a better sim, graphics don't matter
Misc genres (especially multiplatform) 360 version is better, "I prefer to pay for a better service"

swings in round-a-bouts my friend...

batbeg

Ryuuga said:
360 threads

Why the hell does everyone always act so victimized? There's as much bullshit in every thread from every camp of fanboy loser. All that has to happen is for people to stop taking them seriously, and stop whining about it.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
The hype surrounding this game make one thing clear, many fans still believe in the Rare magic, even after title like Ghoulies, PDZ and Kameo. Viva was a step in the right direction, maybe a slight misstep (cartoon series? It's not Pokemon =( ) in areas but a good game.

Now everyone loves Banjo. Everyone. The only series to steal any of the spotlight from Mario 64 (in the West atleast), put in the fact that Banjo missed a generation together with the rather lackluster output from Rare recently (Mr Pants just doesn't cut it) and you have autohype.

Rare just cannot mess this title up, they just can't. Unless Rare fancies making Viva sequels until Microsoft sell them to some Korean underwear factory, they know this too.

I have confidence in this game due to the fact that many of the original Banjo staff are working on it, but, here's hoping. *crosses fingers*

Ryuuga said:
360 threads

Spot on.

FIREBABY

Dr von plutt said:

Bizzaro Snah. Jeez, the game looks great from these 2 screens, but your post sounds like a PR fluff piece. Or a really bad imitation of XBX fanboy.

pswii60 said:
Is it only Rare stuff at this event then? Or all MGS stuff?
All of 360's first Party Gear. And it looks like MS maybe publishing Cry On instead of AQ Interactive which has not type of namesake in most of the world Btw. [but this was expected right?] This is a good thing people. So Cry On may make an appearance [behind closed doors].

Rad Agast

Agent Icebeezy said:
LOLZ, no shitty vids from IGN. I guess we will see something proper on marketplace.

EDIT: Will there be liveblogging?

I'm hoping for some good media from gamersyde. So far they haven't disapointed me when it comes to high quality screens and vids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom