• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First pics of Banjo-Threeie

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPEA said:
Looks so awesome. And all the people claiming the copied LBP, do you realize how long Rare has been working on this game?
Long enough that they can steal the apples from Crash Bandicoot! OMG
crash_thumb002.jpg

Nicktals

Banned
Vehicles? Meh.

Looks great. I was kinda hoping they would get rid of the hub, but from the first shot it looks intact (not positive).

Why do we need vehicles? Kazooie is the only vehicle I need.

Jasper said:
You know, maybe Rare have chosen not to make Banjo-Threeie into a platformer, because the Xbox/360 audience clearly don't like platformers (going by sales for other platformer titles on the Xbox & 360 systems).

After all these years since the MS buyout, Rare really need to start making money since basically every game of there's for the last few years has been a sales flop (except DK Racing DS), and maybe they have come to the conclusion that developing a bright, colourful platformer, fighting oversized carrots with faces, is not going to sell on a system that is most popular for the halo's & pgr's & bioshock's & GoW's...

Your a idiot. Every game rare has put out on the 360 has sold over or close to 1 million units. They have already started making back the money debt that was incurred for them. You sir is Fail.

Revelations said:
Some of you are making PBP comparisons but this game could have been development long before LBP.

Or it could have been a reaction to the LBP style. Rare is known for reacting to popular game styles?

Rad Agast

Amir0x said:
Anyway judging by the red lifesaver things, the vehicle transforms?

That was my first impression from the screens but I'm not so sure. The boat doesn't have any yellow parts (other than Kaz).

Looks excellent. I can't wait to see it in motion.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
beelzebozo said:
looks pretty good, but why would i pay for this when i could just recreate it in little big planet

LBP's mechanics are on a 2D plane, for starters.

Why pay for B-K when you could code it yourself? Go on, I'll play it if you do :p

This is silly...let's leave out LBP. At least until we see more of BK and the gameplay. I doubt everything has a 'craft-world' aesthetic, and even as it does, it still is a bit different from LBP's approach.

I know Rare has been known for..derivation..from time to time, but let's just see what they're doing.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
gofreak said:

Why pay for B-K when you could code it yourself? Go on, I'll play it if you do :p

This is silly...let's leave out LBP. At least until we see more of BK and the gameplay. I doubt everything has a 'craft-world' aesthetic, and even as it does, it still is a bit different from LBP's approach.

I know Rare has been known for..derivation..from time to time, but let's just see what they're doing.

Joke
Head

PolyGone said:
why get in such a huff even if it does copy LBP's look? LBP is going to shit all over this game anyway.

Get taste please.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
gofreak said:

i was just fucking with you, dude.

Yoboman

SPEA said:
Looks so awesome. And all the people claiming the copied LBP, do you realize how long Rare has been working on this game?

Revelations said:
Some of you are making PBP comparisons but this game could have been development long before LBP.

I realise they're showing it for the first time a year and a half after LBP was revealed to widespread acclaim

But yeah. Rare have never been known to follow the leader

batbeg

gofreak said:

I really think people need to back off the system wars defence and attack to understand not all comments are made in absolute seriousness.

beelzebozo said:
looks pretty good, but why would i pay for this when i could just recreate it in little big planet

Why play anything when you could just create it in Unreal Tournament 3 for the PS3?

itsgreen

tabsina said:
now if the screens were actually like that, i'd be a little more thrilled to see them

Look at the (bump? parelex? something?)mapping on the boat-thing. Now look at Kameo. It is in game..

Allthough it is an upgraded engine, it has the same noticable characteriscs...

RiverBed

Banned
wow! is it only me or does anyone else feel like 360 is starting to hit back PS3 seriously? first Gears 2 and now this. wow. 2008 will be gaming heaven. :)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
It looks like these shots are set in a mechanical world with stuff glued onto metal and gears to make everything look "natural". Even the sky is fake.
A few fabric textures here and there don't make automatically a game a LBP rip-off.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
batbeg said:
I really think people need to back off the system wars defence and attack to understand not all comments are made in absolute seriousness.

I was trying to defend BK :lol I'll stop..

DevilWillcry said:
Is this hitting this year?

It's a holiday game, apparently.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
RiverBed said:
wow! is it only me or does anyone else feel like 360 is starting to hit back PS3 seriously? first Gears 2 and now this. wow. 2008 will be gaming heaven. :)
Yes, the PS3 and its games are just sitting there doing nothing.

Right?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Visualante said:
Don't. Just don't.

hey jeez I'm goin to reword that, because I did not mean it in a bad way! Goodness I was just saying they looked similar sorry man. This is my most anticipated 360 game of the year so don't worry. Platformers are hard to come by these days, and banjo was ace back in the day.

Why play anything when you could just create it in Unreal Tournament 3 for the PS3?
Yeah.

And why play anything when you could just do it in real life?

Go to the army.

Do sports.

Run around and kill people

Steal cars

Do basejumping

Train Karate

Become a criminal

etc. etc.

No more need for games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom