• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Project Cars screenshots from PS4

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Very funny OP. Now post the real PS4 images rather then these real life photos.

Nzyme32

You guys told me in the other thread that this game couldn't look this good with Project Morpheus, I say that is damn good for VR.

It probably won't look like that in VR. This is true for both ps4 and pc. We have yet to see a comparison of rendering for VR and normal rendering

Looks great but gameplay wise something feels off with it, well on pc.

This is why I haven't been able to get excited about it. These guys made NFS Shift, and the handling in those games were always a complete turn off for me. I never could get accustomed to them.

That’s right, Project CARS will be one of the first games on PS4 to support virtual reality via the Project Morpheus headset. Finally, you’re going to really feel what it’s like sat in the driving seat of a high performance machine as you look around the cockpit, glance left and right as you overtake an opponent, and get an exhilarating sense of speed as you scream down the finishing straight.

Yes, as dawn breaks on the Nordschleife :)

Here it is in GT6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVQDnyeMVWY

Jacobi

Banned
Won't they make an arcadey version of that? That sounds more interesting to me...

Anyways, it's amazing this is possible without a publisher!

PriitV

This is why I haven't been able to get excited about it. These guys made NFS Shift, and the handling in those games were always a complete turn off for me. I never could get accustomed to them.

And these guys also made GTR series and the GT Legends, this time there's no big publisher (EA) to dictate how things should be done.

TheCloser

Banned
Looks way better than any other racing game, even better than 30fps-club.

No it really doesn't. Look at the full images, the textures are lower res than the PC version and there are some AA problems. Those are the first things that jump out right away.

Yeah, I can't put my finger on it but every time I play a build of it I come away with that same feeling, something just feels off.

Damn good graphics though.
Are you talking about the PC version?

R3TRODYCE

Yeah, I can't put my finger on it but every time I play a build of it I come away with that same feeling, something just feels off.

Damn good graphics though.

Are you talking about the PC version?

Yes

Dynamic3

Looks way better than any other racing game, even better than 30fps-club.

It's certainly impressive, but I don't think the lighting looks very good. The reflections are way overblown.

I'm also fairly skeptical as to the volume of cars and tracks that will be available.

DieH@rd

Banned
mtbyuc.png

:)

SMS gave Sony 1080p screenshots but something is currently borked with Flickr account that is used for this blog. They will fix that soon, and we will get untouched screenshots. :D

Faith

It's certainly impressive, but I don't think the lighting looks very good. The reflections are way overblown.

I'm also fairly skeptical as to the volume of cars and tracks that will be available.
It's just super realistic. Project Cars is trying to look like reality.

Maybe that's why some are not impressed.

There's at least three other threads on the front page where you can criticise Driveclub.

Is Projectcars an online only game or does it have a single player campaign?

GYNGA

Doesn't look as good as Driveclub but that's expected.

I wonder how it's going to look in "Morpheus mode". I guess the visuals will have to be toned down?

I don't care about visuals, I just hope they can tweak the driving model enough before November. Didn't enjoy what I've played on PC so far.

Top Bottom