• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Project Cars screenshots from PS4

Looks good. Probably gonna pick this up when it's cheaper and Morpheus is available, Driveclub will fill my racing needs for some time I guess.

DieH@rd

Banned
But this game is for this year, Morpheus?

pCARS is out this November on all platforms, Morpheys sometimes in 2015.

Doesn't look as good as Driveclub but that's expected.

I wonder how it's going to look in "Morpheus mode". I guess the visuals will have to be toned down?

Probably not by much. If they manage to optimize it for 1080p60, visuals wll be pushed little lower for 3D rendering. Game is very scalable because it was developed initially to support all consoles, so assets are available in several levels of quality.

Chabbles

Sign me up, day one baby!

6132_848f.gif

Majanew

Banned
Doesn't look as good as I thought it would, but it's nice to have some real competition in the sim racing genre on console. Look out, Forza and GT.

And these guys also made GTR series and the GT Legends, this time there's no big publisher (EA) to dictate how things should be done.

They may have people that worked on those games, but the actual SMS didn't make them. They've made the Shift games and Test Drive: Ferrari. Also some game called Biker Bash, which i'd never heard of before.

DieH@rd

Banned
1080p screens are in the OP, ~200kb jpegs.

It looks kinda as I expected, worse than what high end PC can do but still great.

It looks better than Drive Club to me, that's a high compliment to this as I like the look of Drive Club. Great year for racing fans.

teiresias

I traditionally suck at sim racers (and I'm assuming this is a sim), so I have more baseline interest in Driveclub than this (on my fairly low interest scale of racers period), but with Morpheus support I might try it this because maybe VR would give me more situational awareness to make me slightly better at sims.

Pretty doubtful.

stryke

Seems like every multi platform game is shown on the Ps4, is this because its always lead platform, due to ease of development ?

Well, PCars started on PC so PC would be lead platform.

Who knows what happened here...maybe PS Blog approached them to write about it.

Metfanant

When I viewed the pics on my Galaxy S3, I thought it looked great. Viewing on my larger desktop monitor, with a resolution higher than my phone's... it doesn't look as good as I thought. lol
Still a RIDICULOUS post...period

Seems like every multi platform game is shown on the Ps4, is this because its always lead platform, due to ease of development ?
Same reason almost all games were shown on the 360 last gen...you advertise the one that looks better...

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
DC looks way better, but I'll get this one on PC if I can get my hands on a DK2 Oculus Rift.

You guys told me in the other thread that this game couldn't look this good with Project Morpheus, I say that is damn good for VR.

Because it won't look like this with Morpheus.

Tell me about wheel support.

This and Driveclub will fulfill my sim and arcade racer needs.

I think at this point we should give up on Wheel support ...

I'm really looking forward to this, but may get on my PC instead of PS4 mainly due to wheel support. The Morpheus support has me intrigued though.

DieH@rd

Banned
Still a RIDICULOUS post...period

Same reason almost all games were shown on the 360 last gen...you advertise the one that looks better...

And they will push PS4 promotion most likely be cause they know that largest amount of copies will be sold on consoles. PC will get best support and visuals, but consoles will bring the bulk of the money.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I'd love for this to be the first generation where I actually buy peripherals. I'd love to get a wheel for this and Driveclub and I'd love to get Morpheus too just to experience it. Some part of me still think it's incredibly nerdy.

Metfanant

Well, it does look like a bit of a step down from what high end PCs pump out, but that was to be expected.

Considering it's targeting 1080p60 though, looks really good still.
A step down from what high end PCs pump out certainly can't qualify as "bad"

Dilly

Banned
They may have people that worked on those games, but the actual SMS didn't make them. They've made the Shift games and Test Drive: Ferrari. Also some game called Biker Bash, which i'd never heard of before.

They are the people that made GTR.

DryvBy

If it plays as good as it looks... wow.

I guess I'll try this tonight on my PC and see if I like it.

Top Bottom