• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First reviews for the Emoji Movie (take a wild guess!!!!!!)

kris.

Banned
from the AV Club review:

The “plot” is really an excuse to hop from one app to another; there are stops in the lands of Candy Crush, WeChat, Just Dance, Instagram, Spotify, and (for the kids!) Dropbox. That last one proves crucial, saving the fugitive trio from a pursuing robot. “Don’t worry, it can’t get in,” Jailbreak helpfully notes. “It’s illegal malware and this app is secure.” At the climax, a Twitter bird comes to the rescue.

Good. Lord. I kinda want to see this just for the cringe factor.

you quit silicone valley to do the emoji movie?

latest

I can imagine Sony made this movie because it would be somewhat profitable before release with all the co-sponsorships and brand appearances.

Sulik2

So how many major bombs can Sony Pictures tolerate before they are finally forced to sell off the movie division?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
It has a talking poop emoji, so we'll probably take our 4-year old daughter.

Looks like the dumpster-fire of Sony will continue to its "end". At least they were able to keep costs down via using Foreign animation.

I suspect there will be a lot of videos a year from now mocking this film.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/07/the-emoji-movie-will-send-you-into-a-spiral-emoji-of-despair.html
It is one of the darkest, most dismaying films I have ever seen, much less one ostensibly made for children.

This is a film that seems beamed from a near future in which nothing goes right; ”words," as the kids in the film agree, ”aren't cool" anymore; and Patrick Stewart making jokes about soft shits is the new prestige TV. But what do I know? At my screening, which was for both press and a handful of unfortunate families, at the first sighting of her favorite rainbow-colored icon, a little girl behind me cried out, adoringly, ”It's Instagram!" A new age of heroes is born.
D:

Jezan

🙂📽▶️💩⁉️

🕐😪
🕒😪
🕗😪
🕦😪 💪🏼

📺👀

(Sorry, I tried)

jstripes

Banned
Well, this isn't entirely unexpected.

Can they make a Twitter movie next? It can just be a crowd of people screaming at each other for two hours.

Top Bottom