• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screenshot or artwork of AC:Unity leaked?

monome

Call me crazy but there doesn't seem to be anything particularly impressive about this picture. I mean, it looks great.

well it's pretty much on par with The Order (until gameplay reveal) expect it's an open world game.

I bought and played AC4 on X1, and I played it on a 110" screen (projector) and it looked terrible.

that picture oozes atmosphere in addition to being fully detailed.

My mind does not compute with it being from an actual game playable 365 days apart from the launch of ACIV whatever next-gen only "no compromise" bullshit is given.

I'll be glad to be wrong.
I've bought every game, tho I didn't finish the last two. and I'm french.

Portugeezer

Call me crazy but there doesn't seem to be anything particularly impressive about this picture. I mean, it looks great. But I could easily see current gen pulling this off at a lower resolution with a poorer AA solution. I would be slightly disappointed if this is not possible on nextgen systems.

Calling you crazy would be too kind.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That looks like concept art that's meant to be close to the style of the actual game graphics, but still artwork.

It's the kind of thing that wouldn't be too uncommon to put on the screen in a developer diary along with some dev interviews and clips of the game.

DieH@rd

Banned
My vote goes to this being in-game. Nothing in this pic screams to me that this could not be done on nextgen consoles. Floor is most probably using POM or some similar shader effect, the rest looks very doable [especially when we saw what visuals are targeted by Division].

1396603542-ac-unity.jpg

seems too flat to be a screenshot, everything runs together as well, no defined outline on anything.

FluxWaveZ

With the exception of Altair I would like you to prove me wrong. Now this guy seems to be part of the club too.

Ezio and Connor have long hair?

Trying to find some images, I guess Ezio has a ponytail. Did he have that in ACII? Either way, I really don't care, especially since they all wear hoods half of the time anyways.

Concept17

This looks like a paint-over. Take a screenshot of in-engine, then paint over it to give feedback to the art team. Pretty common thing to do.

If it's just a screen, then sure, I'll take it.

mechphree

1965463_4866950214314flsjn.png

Probable screenshot of AC: Unity appeared on Reddit.
The canonicity of this screenshot strongly stumbles because of the presence of Altair's short dagger on the back of the character. The video from where the screen was taken ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NriQlHzoA4 ) however seems to be removed from Youtube by Ubisoft itself for copyright reasons.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/AccessTheAnimus

looks like fake to me, but Ubi leaks a lot.

Will Ubi pull a infamous second son with their new AC game? I doubt it. I get the feeling it's going to be game informers next big reveal though.

Top Bottom