• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Screenshots of Telltale's (TWD) The Wolf Among Us

Holy shit, just realized this was a Fables game and that's Bigsby Wolf(as in the Big Bad Woof, hence the pigs).

I'm stupid

Uh looks great, hope the writing is as good as TWD turned out to be

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
TWD sold way more than any other Telltale game. What do you think?

Pretty sure Telltale is done with traditional adventure games. That's probably why they abandoned the King's Quest license.

bummer,their The Walking Dead thingy was very bad as bad as Heavy Rain,I don't get why it sold maybe because of the amc TV show?

hope they return to their old style soon.

Manu

bummer,their The Walking Dead thingy was very bad as bad as Heavy Rain,I don't get why it sold maybe because of the acm TV show?

rHOAU40.gif

Razlo

bummer,their The Walking Dead thingy was very bad as bad as Heavy Rain,I don't get why it sold maybe because of the acm TV show?

hope they return to their old style soon.

An opinion is an opinion, but you do realize that most people dug The Walking Dead game right? Like regardless of it being based on a comic book that has a TV show?

Spwn

God damn, they nailed the visuals. I've only read the first Fables collection and didn't quite warm up to it, but I liked the Wolf's character a lot. I will definitely play this game.

pargonta

now how in the hell is this going to animate, lol.

looks cool, can't wait.

not familiar with the source material, but seems fun.

Midou

Looks fantastic.

Hope they didn't abandon traditional adventure though. Sam and Max was getting better with each season. Have they ever said anything about making anymore?

Day 1 so far.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Whoa, looks they found someone to take their art design up a notch after all this time.

Spwn

I never played any telltate game. Anything good gameplay wise ?

The Walking Dead is probably the best one, but I think the third Sam & Max season is also great. Enjoyed it a lot more than the first one (gameplay-wise), haven't played the second.

Sam and Max was getting better with each season. Have they ever said anything about making anymore?

Seeing how the characters are so beloved at Telltale, I can't see why they wouldn't continue making those games. They're even included in Poker Night 2 so they're keeping close ties to the voice actors as well.

Skyzard

Banned
So you play as Sawyer from Lost?

If those are real, can't wait whatever this is. Looks amazing though, if it's nothing like that then the guys should make a graphic novel or something.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Was too burnt out on zombies to get anything from The Walking Dead. Hopefully this a bit more grounded.

They seem to have talented writers.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
The ones that didn't sell?

yeah the actual good ones.

TWD doing well sales-wise don't mean it's now the only way to go for them, this is like saying From Software should abandon all their games and genres and just make Souls games forever because that the only thing they made and sold well,sad thing is Telltale were the only company that was still doing adventure games in this day and age,now they are doing David Cage's style movies,oh well.

OH MY GOD A FABLES VIDEOGAME?! I HAD NO IDEA. POINT AND CLICK IS PERFECT FOR THIS. MY GOD. UGH UGH UGH UFFFFF UMFFFFFFFFFFFFF SWEET RELEASE.

yeah the actual good ones.

TWD doing well sales-wise don't mean it's now the only way to go for them, this is like saying From Software should abandon all their games and genres and just make Souls games forever because that the only thing they made and sold well,sad thing is Telltale were the only company that was still doing adventure games in this day and age,now they are doing David Cage's style movies,oh well.

Never said they weren't good, just that they didn't sell well. And From Software are in a position to add variety to its portfolio of games, TellTale isn't.

So for now, they're going to continue making these types of games that sell well and make them popular with the audience and critics until they can grow enough to branch out or to have a second dev team to create something new.

richd_3

God damn, they nailed the visuals. I've only read the first Fables collection and didn't quite warm up to it, but I liked the Wolf's character a lot. I will definitely play this game.

If you're reading the TPB collections, stay with them past vol. 1. It gets amazing in a hurry.

Fables is really an outstanding comic. I'm really looking forward to this.

Pollux

Loved TWD, and this looks and sounds fucking amazing.

Do we have any idea when it's going to be released?

Top Bottom