• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Screenshots of Telltale's (TWD) The Wolf Among Us

Alienous

wolf5.jpg

Wait a second. THIS MOVES?

God damn, does this game look amazing.

Gbraga

This is all in game? Looks stunning, wow!

Never been a big fan of Telltale before, but since TWD was my GOTY, I feel like I should jump in day one.

eXistor

Looks good at any rate. Any idea what kind of game it's gonna be? point 'n click adventure or interactive movie?

So in for this. Fables is great, TWD was great, and that third screenshot looks like it was taken straight from the comics so.....I'm sold.

I'm hoping for better gameplay with this. Some genuinely challenging puzzles would be awesome.
Would be cool, but unlikely.

Looks good at any rate. Any idea what kind of game it's gonna be? point 'n click adventure or interactive movie?
Probably similar to TWD. P&C interface, but plays like an interactive movie (no inventory, easy puzzles).

"The Wolf Among Us hopes to change that with high-action, cinematic fight sequences. "
"But don’t expect to walk around throwing punches at anyone you please. The fights are narratively motivated, similar to those in The Walking Dead, but give players more control. “Bigby is a fighter and he’s a badass, and so the fight sequences will be much more player-driven...and way more over the top,” Kaufman says. Players are tasked with decisions in the middle of the action that provide more control over the fight’s outcome. Because Bigby’s a Fable, he can take more punches in quick-time fight sequences than Lee Everett ever could in The Walking Dead. “One of the awesome things about Fables is that [they’re] hard to kill, so that means we can have really slam-bang cool fights that are fun, visceral, get adrenaline flowing...and then we get that coupled with the consequences,” Kaufman adds."
This sounds worrying. Don't know if they are able to pull something like this off...

OSHAN

I had no idea their next game was based off Fables. Great material to use. I'm looking forward to this.

Ushae

Banned
NUUUU I can't see the screens from work :( .. will have to check on my phone at lunch? Does it look next gen(ish) ?

bummer,their The Walking Dead thingy was very bad as bad as Heavy Rain,I don't get why it sold maybe because of the amc TV show?

hope they return to their old style soon.

I'll have whatver this guy is smoking ;)

This looks amazing, though I'd want to see it in motion since it's almost too good to be true, especially from a company with telltales graphical "pedigree".

Imagine a monkey island game that looks like that with Purcell art.

NUUUU I can't see the screens from work :( .. will have to check on my phone at lunch? Does it look next gen(ish) ? The title confuses me, is this The Walking Dead Season 2 then?

Looks absurdly good to the point that I want to see it animated before I can believe it

hwalker84

Looks excellent. Though I will never purchase one of their games for full price after the crap I put up with in The Walking Dead on PC.

Persona86

Banned
This looks amazing, though I'd want to see it in motion since it's almost too good to be true, especially from a company with telltales graphical "pedigree".

At first it was hard to believe these were screenshots. But if you look carefully the lines on the face and clothes are identical in each picture, something that wouldn't happen if it were a normal drawing. :)

Hindle

Banned
A shame they've put way more focus on the story instead of the gameplay, I'd love for a modern Broken Sword style adventure game.

As long as the price is the same ill still be there though.

Keikaku

I have an acquaintance who works on this game and it's nice to see everyone's reaction to it. I've never seen it in motion but it looks damn nice in screens.

Really interesting. I'm honestly not a fan of TellTale games and have not played The Walking Dead, but I'm enough of a Fables fan that I'll probably be checking this out.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I guess Josh Holloway has nothing to this, eh? I mean, other than the guy basically looking just like him? :(

Jake

Full res shots went out today so you can get all up close and see that they're screenshots from a video game.

(And obviously the purple one with Bigby lighting a cigarette is a composite publicity image, which you can tell when you zoom in on it.)

Thorakai

WOW!! I saw this thread earlier but just assumed it was concept art. I had no idea these were actually gameplay shots...looks amazing!

JammyMunkey

Neo Member
This looks amazing, I hope it ends up as good as TWD game.

I've not read the Fable comics, looks like I need to remedy that!

Top Bottom