• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First trailer for Netflix original series Flaked; created by and starring Will Arnett

Status
Not open for further replies.

berzeli

Banned
Link
Flaked is a dry, slice-of-life comedy about Chip, a celebrated long-time resident of the insular world of Venice, California who falls for the object of his best friend's fascination. Soon the tangled web of half-truths and semi-bullshit that underpins his all-important image and sobriety begins to unravel. Will Arnett plays Chip, a man doing his honest best to stay one step ahead of his own lies.

Flaked was created and written by Arnett and Mark Chappell. Ben Silverman, Peter Principato and Mitch Hurwitz also serve as executive producers.

Premieres March 11... only on Netflix.
Looks decent enough.
edit:
g2r8ozg.jpg

Just watched the trailer and was about to make a thread. It looks solid. The only odd thing is that the trailer plays like a movie trailer to me - not sure if it's the way it's shot or the content, but it seems like the sort of thing that would play out over an couple hours rather than an ongoing series. In any case, I'll check it out when it's out.

I've been looking forward to this tentatively because I'm a fan of Arnett. I hope it turns out to be good. This is like the third Netflix show he's on, right?

This looks promising. I'm a sucker for shows in the same vein as "You're the Worst", and this looks like it'll fill my niche of shows that are equal parts hilarious and devastating.

SalvaPot

Arnett has been killing it with all his Netflix content. I am in.

Also the trailer was different than I expected, honestly it looks very interesting.

berzeli

Banned
Just watched the trailer and was about to make a thread. It looks solid. The only odd thing is that the trailer plays like a movie trailer to me - not sure if it's the way it's shot or the content, but it seems like the sort of thing that would play out over an couple hours rather than an ongoing series. In any case, I'll check it out when it's out.

It's only eight episodes long. No word yet whether it is 30 min or 60 min episodes as far as I know, so it could very well be a fairly short self contained affair. Which actually might suit the subject matter.

It's only eight episodes long. No word yet whether it is 30 min or 60 min episodes as far as I know, so it could very well be a fairly short self contained affair. Which actually might suit the subject matter.
Ah, that makes sense. I like that streaming and time-shifting are enabling creators to do what they want in terms of episode number and length. Makes sense to allow them that flexibility.

Pachimari

I will be watching this.

Was that guy at the end of the trailer the same actor, who had to purchase liquor in a store but then the police took him for a trip in that comedy movie from the 90's?

Quick

Banned
Arnett + Hurwitz? Count me in.

It gives me some Bojack Horseman vibes, but crank up with sadness level.

It's shot kinda like Californication. And in the same place where they shot Californication. I hope it's a 60 minute dramedy.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Might check it out just because it's Will Arnett but I'm not really feeling the trailer. Feels like I really need to be a Californian to get it with its hippie culture and all that, hahaha.

El Odio

Banned
Trailer gives me slight Bojack Horseman vibes with a greater focus on the personal issues and less on comedy. Looks pretty solid though and I'll definitely give it a watch.

UrbanRats

The trailer made it feel anything but "dry", as a dramedy.

I'll wait for impressions, but the trailer didn't really sell me.

It looks beautiful, though.

near

Gold Member
There's something very consistent about some of these Netflix originals that I can't quite articulate, that said, trailer looks compelling, so count me in.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Looks very well shot, but thoroughly boring, JUST ONE WHITE DUDE, FIGURING IT ALL OUT. With no jokes this time.

I always forget Venice, LA is a real thing too. Sorry LA, there is only one Venice.

Piichan

Banned
Gave up 15 minutes into the first episode. Will check back later in this thread to see if it gets better. Ehhhhh
I like Bojack Horseman though...

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Had me at Arnett. I'll watch anything with him or Tina Fey in it. Ideally, they'll make a whole show together one day (yeah, I know of Arnett's appearance on 30 Rock). Comedians are really into this dramedy show thing as of late. Louis, Master of None, Baskets, this...

I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom