• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 15 Netflix Original Series to be Excited About in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to judge based on these synopses alone, but I'm interested in Luke Cage and Stranger Things. I need trailers for everything to get a better idea.

Not sure Frontier is exactly a Deadwood type "western". The 18th century fur trade was more like Revolutionary era powdered wigs plundering the Northwestern territories by sea.

EthanC

Banned
I was excited for Jessica Jones but it was really disappointing. Hopefully Cage is better. Not much else other than the Gillian Jacobs show interested me based on the descriptions alone. I love that Netflix is doing all of this though. Combined with the returning shows, it should be enough to get me to keep my sub. all year.

faridmon

[*]A Series of Unfortunate Events (Late 2016):

What is it? Based on the novels by Daniel Handler (aka, Lemony Snicket), "A Series of Unfortunate Events" focuses on three orphaned kids who fight to overcome their oppressive new "father," Count Olaf, as they search for the real reason for their parents' death.

I'll like it if I like..."Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events" (starring Jim Carrey) and/or Handler's popular novels.
[/LIST]

HOLY SHIT.

OMG CAN'T WAIT!

Dr.Acula

Banned
Love the international stuff! Netflix just money-hatting random shit to see what sticks is the way to go, glad to see they're not trying to play it safe.

Platy

Anything I saw of 3% is more a mix of hunger games and THX1138 =P

In for this, 80s XFiles, Lemony Sniket, Daredevil season 2 and Luke Cage

Only interested in Luck Cage and A Series of Unfortunate Events.
Also fuller house, don't look at me]
Do we have a list of the shows making a return in 2016?

EDIT: Now that is a list thanks GK86

EDIT: Missed Stranger Things on the first read, hope it delivers.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Only interested in Luck Cage and A Series of Unfortunate Events.
Also fuller house, don't look at me]
Do we have a list of the shows making a return in 2016?

Not sure if all will make 2016.

House of Cards
Bloodlines
Daredevil
Grace and Frankie
Orange is the New Black
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Marco Polo
Narcos
Arrested Development
Sense8

Stranger Things (TBD 2016):

What is it? A love letter to the ’80s classics that captivated a generation, "Stranger Things" is set in 1983 Indiana, where a young boy vanishes into thin air. As friends, family and local police search for answers, they are drawn into an extraordinary mystery involving top-secret government experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one very strange little girl. [official synopsis via Netflix]

Reading this game, I am in. Sounds like Twin Peaks meets X-Files.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Damn Netfix output is insane. This and the Disney deal kicking in next year means there should be plenty of content to keep us happy.

linsivvi

Not sure if all will make 2016.

House of Cards
Bloodlines
Daredevil
Grace and Frankie
Orange is the New Black
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Marco Polo
Narcos
Arrested Development
Sense8

While nothing's been announced, it's almost unfathomable that they won't renew Master of None.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Tentatively and/or vaguely interested in:

* Love
* Flaked
* The OA
* Lady Dynamite
* 3%

I'm most interested to see what The OA turns out to be. I thought Batmanglij and Marling's movie Sound of My Voice was fantastic, but their followup with The East was mostly a mess. Hopefully this is more the former.

maxcriden

Stranger Things (TBD 2016):

What is it? A love letter to the ’80s classics that captivated a generation, "Stranger Things" is set in 1983 Indiana, where a young boy vanishes into thin air. As friends, family and local police search for answers, they are drawn into an extraordinary mystery involving top-secret government experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one very strange little girl. [official synopsis via Netflix]

I'll like it if I like... "The Last Starfighter," "E.T." or maybe "The X-Files" as a period thriller set in rural Indiana.

Is this a spiritual sequel to Eerie, Indiana?!

Apathy

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

I know it's about new shows, I'm excited for them. That gif does not apply if I'm asking confirmation for older shows too to say how packed 2016 will be

TimmiT

I hope that Flaked will be good. Stuff starring Will Arnett usually seems to be hit or miss, but when it hits like with Arrested Development or Bojack Horseman it really really hits.

Netflix makes money right? Its amazing how they can afford to put out this much original content. I really hope they stick around for a very long time and continue to improve. There are not many better ways to spend $8 a month.

3% and Frontier sound kinda interesting, the rest don't sound good to me at all but I suspect many will surprise me - I loved some of the stuff Netflix put out last year like Narcos, Beasts of No Nation, Kimmy, F is for Family, and The Fall (BBC though I think) and all were based on recommendations from friends/forums.

Surprisingly i thought the last season of House of Cards was the worst and not looking forward much to the next. Also was very disappointed in Sense8 and Marco Polo, haven't watched any of the comic book shows yet.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Only Like Cage really interests me at a cursory glance. The great thing, though, is that I can just check them out when they're out with little investment!

CloudWolf

Luke Cage will be cool probably and I'm interested in that Lemony Snickett show. The rest doesn't sound that interesting. Maybe Will Arnett's show will be cool, but I don't really like his stuff outside of Arrested Development and The LEGO Movie.

I keep forgetting Netflix are making a Series of Unfortunate Events show and I'm sure I'll forget right after leaving this thread again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom