• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this GIF, without the text, recommended by Tumblr, so of course this is the first thing I think of it:

tumblr_n70jw43hql1ruwc07o1_500.gif

Ashodin

Awwww yesssssssssss I'm staying below 169. Progress, ladies and gents, progress.

I feel amazing every day I wake up. Not sluggish at all any more.

Sadetar

I got this GIF, without the text, recommended by Tumblr, so of course this is the first thing I think of it:

tumblr_n70jw43hql1ruwc07o1_500.gif
Oh my gods, I am laughing my ass off!

We have a lad like that in our gym.

I am still so sad that the mentioned gym is actually having a month long holiday when it is totally closed starting from next week's Friday. I have a membership to another gym but I don't really like it that much and it is a bit farther away from my home. We will see how hard time I will have with working out on that particular month. This far everything has been more or less smooth.

Szu, awwwww, I love that comparison between you and your son - you do look alike. :p

I find this pretty funny since you totally meant to offend me with the "If I were you" comment lol

And this is the fitness thread. I'll post updates as I feel more confident in my weight loss :)
With all honesty I think he didn't mean to offend you. I am fairly sure he was just pointing out that you would most likely get more positive comments from your photos if we could see bigger changes in them. Now when you post them constantly it is hard to see the gradiant progress. Perhaps you should do a comparison with two photos of when you started and how much you have actually changed with the same pose and clothes.

People in here don't generally try to be mean. You perhaps have hostile ideas about some of us which may result with you reading our tips in a negative light when they aren't actually meant to be read like that.

But by all means post as much as you want and feel like if it keeps you motivated and happy. :D

Im excited!

Going to be attempting 250+ lbs in squats for reps. I've never been that high before!

This fitness thread has been inspiring me to stay hungry.

You guys and gals are all super cool.
Awwwww. ^_^

I need to agree with you there though - people in here are absolutely adorable! <3

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bulk Brahs:

Quesarito at Taco Bell is legit. Still a high carb load, has rice in it :| but it's fucking good IIFYM.

Matugi

It is funny how over a period of 24 hours how your perception of your body can change. Yesterday morning I felt big and lean while right now I feel flabby and flat.

Dude I know what you mean. Yesterday I woke up on my rest day feeling pretty shredded and vascular. Today, with a pump, I get home and just feel flabby, and I trick myself into thinking that I can't see my abs even after a workout. Body dysmorphia is real

Pete Rock

Performed at a local Pride festival this weekend and met a ton of great people. We got hit with bad weather on the first day and instead of crying about it and bailing out, we all stripped down to our underwear and had a dance party in the rain. Life is beautiful!

I4wlje7.jpg

lttp but Team Jones like whoahhhh! Szu also maintaining dat mass! Stay swole fit bros, may the gains be with you ~

Sadetar

Performed at a local Pride festival this weekend and met a ton of great people. We got hit with bad weather on the first day and instead of crying about it and bailing out, we all stripped down to our underwear and had a dance party in the rain. Life is beautiful!

I4wlje7.jpg

lttp but Team Jones like whoahhhh! Szu also maintaining dat mass! Stay swole fit bros, may the gains be with you ~
That is an awesome attitude right there!

Also the photo is priceless! <3

Good times. ^_^

sphinx

the piano man
today was a very encouraging day at the gym, last week I couldn't curl normal dumbbells with my right hand, today it was ok, all tricep moves are ok too.

the one move I absolutely cannot do is Bench press or DB press, two days ago I warmed up with the empty bar and it was promising, added some weight, like 20 pounds and nope... hand started very slightly to sound the alarm and I gave up right there, I need my hand and I don't want to fuck it up, every day is getting better and I can notice it, specially today,

Offtopic, but yesterday I was able to play the piano more or less decently, it doesn't show but when I am playing a couple of passages my hand feels a bit sore, again, I am refraining from playing the hard stuff, I don't want any kind of stress.

the only thing that makes me sad is that it seems my strength dreams, at least as far as OHP and BP are concerned, are over.. I felt a lot of accomplishment whenever I broke a PR. If I didn't need my hands for anything else, I'd risk but I can't... fuck I hate that both disciplines don't get along in the least.

are you that guy?? :D

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Take your time Sphinx. I'm confident you can have it both ways. You can have it both ways. Just be strong and believe in your power.

Life is about more than just bench and OHP. There's also deadlifts, squats......

sphinx

the piano man
Take your time Sphinx. I'm confident you can have it both ways. You can have it both ways. Just be strong and believe in your power.

Life is about more than just bench and OHP. There's also deadlifts, squats......

well, yeah time will tell I guess.

I had a tragic story with the Bench Press, I hated it for months because I couldn't break PR's and didn't feel like I was achieving anything but then it "clicked" and started both breaking PRs and feeling the pump and... the power, I don't know how to call it, you feel it when a Lift is going well and your body is reacting well to it.

So I started to love it... but just when I was ready to declare my love to it, one day I changed the grip on the OHP, experimenting with it, and on a 3rd rep on a 5RM, I felt it and well, rest is history, I think it wouldn't have been that bad if I hadn't been playing very demanding stuff on the piano. I was also careless in everyday life,

you know, I thought it would disappear by itself, injuries come all the time for us, Brolic once said (long ago though, maybe that changed already) he doesn't remember lifting without some sort of pain. Szu, Blackflag, Abu, they have struggled at some point very badly, Immortal had to quit deadlifting for a while due to injury (I think?). and many others I am forgetting,

it comes with the territory, what's important here is to have a wide selection of exercises because most of the time it's one or two moves that trigger the pain, if you can avoid them by choosing a similar exercise that somehow is executed differently, then you can protect yourself better.

I think I will put all this in the past and not mention it anymore, I feel good enough now,

I already shit 3-4 times a day.

Pass.

I have been proud of my consistent two shits a day. My fiancee though poops about three times a day.

...we often compare and rate the quality of our poops.

Anyway, day #3 of my cut. I find it surprisingly easy. I just eat what I want for breakfast and lunch and then make up any remaining calories at dinner by tracking my first two meals with MyFitnessPal.

Ashodin

I have been proud of my consistent two shits a day. My fiancee though poops about three times a day.

...we often compare and rate the quality of our poops.

Anyway, day #3 of my cut. I find it surprisingly easy. I just eat what I want for breakfast and lunch and then make up any remaining calories at dinner by tracking my first two meals with MyFitnessPal.

Sign of a true relationship IMO

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Whatever happened to Lovely Salsa? Still posts elsewhere? Wonder how his ideas panned out, something here reminded me of him.

does anyone remember from either OT2/3 this guy who kept asking for advice, was given solid advice, complained he was tired or unable to heed said advice, then repeated this process again? i think he eventually got permabanned?

also in OT2 i learned cooter used to be 165 and did 600 crunches a day.

does anyone remember from either OT2/3 this guy who kept asking for advice, was given solid advice, complained he was tired or unable to heed said advice, then repeated this process again? i think he eventually got permabanned?

Yes. I think his name started with a C and he was legit depressed in my opinion. He was offered advice/help for his issues outside of weight lifting topics and even there he ignored the help and I think that was why he was eventually banned.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

Actually got down to 159 at one point. I was so clueless back in the day.

Sadetar

Ok, I am asking for advices and opinions.

Like some of you may know I have had back issues since September 2012. Since then I have done everything my physiotherapist have said me to do.

She agreed that I can start to go to gym, did me a gym programme, first time came with me to show me how to perfom everything correctly and without hurting myself and said what are my starting weights. 11th of March this year was my first time at the gym ever. She still forbid me to do free weights since with them the risk of me hurting my back more is higher.

I have now been going to gym twice a week, once a week pilates and twice a week jogging. With this programme I managed to stop eating pain medication and I haven't took a pill since the end of April.

Now I have just noticed that seated leg press with that awful machine is basicly just waisting my time. I don't think it hits the places that it should and I can add ridiculous amounts of weight without difficulties. Squats on the other hand seem to be working great.

So I have been doing squats with a light bar. My physiotherapist is on her summer holiday so I can't ask her opinion so I am asking yours. Can I really hurt my back doing squats with a light bar? Even that feels so much more efficient than the seated leg press.

Also if you agree that doing them couldn't hurt, how do I do them correctly. I have found so many different tips that I am confused so I am counting on your experience with this. When I have been doing them I have thightened my core muscles same way as I do in pilates classes and squeezed those big muscles in back together (hard to explain but anyways). The bar is behind my back kinda having the weight on the upper back. I have seen photos with different places to the knees but I have been doing them in a way that my knees don't really go over my toes. Is this alright? Also I have small bone chips on my other knee cause of a sport injury ages ago so I am a bit careful with it. According to my understanding it is better for knees if I go quite down in a way that my ass basicly goes way lower than my knees are. I have noticed that my knees "crunch" a litte when I go down, but it doesn't hurt at all so I assume it is alright.

I would really appreciate your input to this and if you have some awesome videos of perfect safe tecniques they would be much loved. I wish I would have someone to go to gym with me, but the only person I know that works out and does bikini fitness stuff moved to Norway.

Stahppppp

You big flirt you!

*blushes*

Ok off to surpass my personal #'s. Wish me luck!
Hahahah, I am sure you will do your best. :p

Attaboy.

Faiz

Told my wife I had 7 whole eggs with cheese breaking my fast today (rest day). She flipped out. Bubububut cholesterol!!!

Yes. I think his name started with a C and he was legit depressed in my opinion. He was offered advice/help for his issues outside of weight lifting topics and even there he ignored the help and I think that was why he was eventually banned.

I think the username was Combine. If I remember right he requested the perm.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think the username was Combine. If I remember right he requested the perm.

I remember that now. I remember that dude.

Highluxury, I was thinking about you in the shower this morning (ooo) and I'm so fucking proud of your progress, man. Still.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I spent 5 years using all my gym time to do ellipticals and treadmills.
Talk about a waste of time.
I was just going through the motions for 15 years. I would do my 3 sets of 10 and not even care if I was pushing myself or if I could do more. My diet was a joke and I never did legs either because I thought they were "big enough." smh

Leeness

Sigh... Have to deal with something... Hope it gets resolved soon so I can work out but I have a feeling it won't...

SeanR1221

HOLY CRAP you fill out an XL? Beefy

Lol yeah. 3xl in 10 years or bust!!!

Only bad thing is the sleeves come down to about my elbow. Looks like I have dem noodle arms ;___;

I've been doing more bicep and tricep work recently so I guess I'll just have to fill it out eventually.

Irobot82

Congrats, I remember my first 315, felt great to finally hit 3 plates. Keep it up

Thanks man it was amazing. I won't lie my first attempt failed. I tried to do it with a normal grip and I failed really at three reps. Then I rested, chalked up and did a mixed grip and i freaking RIPPED IT! I also recorded my failure. I may post it......

315lb Deadlift

Ok, I am asking for advices and opinions.

Like some of you may know I have had back issues since September 2012. Since then I have done everything my physiotherapist have said me to do.

She agreed that I can start to go to gym, did me a gym programme, first time came with me to show me how to perfom everything correctly and without hurting myself and said what are my starting weights. 11th of March this year was my first time at the gym ever. She still forbid me to do free weights since with them the risk of me hurting my back more is higher.

I have now been going to gym twice a week, once a week pilates and twice a week jogging. With this programme I managed to stop eating pain medication and I haven't took a pill since the end of April.

Now I have just noticed that seated leg press with that awful machine is basicly just waisting my time. I don't think it hits the places that it should and I can add ridiculous amounts of weight without difficulties. Squats on the other hand seem to be working great.

So I have been doing squats with a light bar. My physiotherapist is on her summer holiday so I can't ask her opinion so I am asking yours. Can I really hurt my back doing squats with a light bar? Even that feels so much more efficient than the seated leg press.

Also if you agree that doing them couldn't hurt, how do I do them correctly. I have found so many different tips that I am confused so I am counting on your experience with this. When I have been doing them I have thightened my core muscles same way as I do in pilates classes and squeezed those big muscles in back together (hard to explain but anyways). The bar is behind my back kinda having the weight on the upper back. I have seen photos with different places to the knees but I have been doing them in a way that my knees don't really go over my toes. Is this alright? Also I have small bone chips on my other knee cause of a sport injury ages ago so I am a bit careful with it. According to my understanding it is better for knees if I go quite down in a way that my ass basicly goes way lower than my knees are. I have noticed that my knees "crunch" a litte when I go down, but it doesn't hurt at all so I assume it is alright.

I would really appreciate your input to this and if you have some awesome videos of perfect safe tecniques they would be much loved. I wish I would have someone to go to gym with me, but the only person I know that works out and does bikini fitness stuff moved to Norway.

You can only hurt your back with improper form/heavy weights.

heres a good video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40p1qQZTNRw

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
Huge lurker here, occasional poster. Thought I'd jump on the pics train since I was fairly happy with how I looked today, and would like to start posting more often.

Currently running PHAT so I'm lifting 5 times per week, which has helped me get some more size and definition over the past couple of months, which has been my focus. I did mostly 5/3/1 or a variation of the Lean Gains programs for the year before that, but was kind of spinning my wheels on 5/3/1 and got bored with Lean Gains.

Current Stats:

Height: 5'11''
Weight: 176 lbs
Squat: 2x5x310 (only got 4 on the last one, will get 5 next time)
Bench: 3x5x225 (just reached, super excited!)
Deadlift: 1x5x415; Max lifted 465
Bent Over Row: 3x5x210

Beyond lifting, I play flag football and dek hockey once a week. I may do some other HIT or an occasional run to clear my head but tend to keep cardio to walking beyond sports. Going for them summer cuts right now, could stand to lose a little more around the midsection / lower back. I should get there relatively soon!

Here's some progress pics of me today after the back and shoulders hypertrophy day. I was flexing the hell out of my abs in these pics and had a huge pump in my back, so I'm not normally quite as cut up.

CkewfnAl.jpg

gQE8zvwl.jpg

pNr0Z6al.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great look Brendonia, you look great. Welcome and I hope to hear more from you as you've no doubt got plenty to offer.

Leeness

Even if its not quick, get your work in

I DID. It ended up ending with enough time to get 40 minutes kickboxing in :)

The thing with "too late" is that I am in an apartment so I don't want to be making noise after like...8pm if possible.

But I got my shit done and was able to work out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom