• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadetar

Looking amazing Sadetar, and...
Thank you! ^_^

...even though I am still like 12 kilos / 26 pounds away from my goal. After I get there we will see am I satisfied. :p

Hi FitGaf I know my only post was back in January (I tend to lurk this thread more than post) but I thought I'd share some progress. Back when I started I was clocking in at 212lbs. I'm now down to 197lbs.
Yay! Good for you! :D Just make sure it is mostly fat and not your precious muscles.

Well I'm stupid... recently I received ON Gold Standard Whey 2.2kg in the mail. I didn't place an order for a tub yet it was addressed to me. I called up the company that sent me it (Dolphin Fitness) telling them what happened and now they're gonna send out somebody to pick it up. I tried persuading the woman on the phone to just let me keep it but she said they can't let that happen. I should never have called them about it in the first place, damn I'm dumb...
What have you done?!
nooooooo_elf.gif

Admittedly every time I have recieved something I haven't ordered I have been able to keep them without paying and yet feeling good about telling them. So you kinda did the right thing even though it totally sucks that they are going to get it away from you.

Thanks Sadetar :) Yeah having smaller breasts wouldn't be the biggest loss, they're pretty small to begin with. It's just annoying having clothing that falls off you because you're not that busty >_< And I realize that about the butt, I've just naturally had a bigger one and didn't have to train much at all, but now I realize that I'm going to have to since I'll be losing weight. I definitely do lots of squats, walking lunges, and other leg exercises so I'm glad I'm on the right track with that!

I'm not keen on taking progression pictures either, especially because I'm so impatient. Hopefully I can notice a difference in the next couple of months :)

And also thanks for the diet advice. I have a hard time knowing what exactly to avoid, so most of the time I usually just cut out things all together than eating moderately. I'm going to check out the OP, but what's everyone's favorite app (if there is one) when it comes to recording the foods you eat? (edit: oh i see someone recently just asked, haha)
I am now utterly jealous. Even if I have been the size of a baby blue whale no extra have ever gone to the ass. Working out has been the only way I have managed to get a bit shape on it. Basicly everything just goes straight to tummy which is super annoying. Lucky you. Also yes, sounds like you are on the right path!

Hahah, and I am the same. I want it all and I want it now. Shame it doesn't work like that. :p

I haven't myself used any kind of apps and I don't really count my macros. I have went my daily foods through couple times and I hopefully have fairly good idea about what I should eat and how much per day to have everything I need. Like said, quite many in here uses Myfitnesspal.

Good luck with your diet and work outs! May you be motivated and happy! :D

Cooper! How much did that analysis cost?
The company that did it for me, BodySpec, charges about $50 per scan, depending on how many you buy. So not horribly expensive, especially when it's only worth doing say, 2 - 3 times a year.
Shame that we most likely don't have anything like that with that price range in here. That looked super cool and informative. :)

I'm 5'5"/a bit taller than 165 cm. So not super tiny, but certainly not tall. I think the image is "mapped" onto a body template, as opposed to a direct image of someone's silhouette, so I don't think you can directly tell a person's height from the image. It's more for interpreting the density of various types of tissue within an area, I think.
I am quite exactly 5'6'' / 168 cm so you aren't that much shorter than I am. And the image is none the less awesome. I was partly also thinking about the photos that you have posted last summer. You looked extremely fit but not particularly tall in them. Anyways, you are quite much the perfect hight in my books since I have always wanted to be at least a bit shorter. :D

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I actually tried some extensions today, no weight, and it didn't really do anything. I have zero back pain when doing high bar squats or front squats.

Right now my problem is tightness and some reduced mobility in the muscles and ligaments in the left groin/hip area; resulting from the tear. All that tightness is being directed to my lowerback. I've been stretching twice a day and it has improved but I figure it will be a few more weeks.

Sounds like back is compensating then? Damn dude. You're right, guess workarounds are gonna be your thing. That sucks. At least you can squat though.

Thank you! ^_^

...even though I am still like 12 kilos / 26 pounds away from my goal. After I get there we will see am I satisfied. :p

Not if you're anything like a lot of the rest of us.

Besides, lots of people "hit their target" and then go back to old ways. You don't want that.

Sadetar

Not if you're anything like a lot of the rest of us.

Besides, lots of people "hit their target" and then go back to old ways. You don't want that.
Hahahah, oh I already know I won't be satisfied. I just like the idea that I would be happy with the results... :p

When I hit the targeted weight loss, I know I need to work more with my legs, back and tummy at least. I have high hopes that my injuries would be history then and I could actually do at least glute bridges and romanian deadlifts. I also want a nice defined waist, but that basicly boils down to genetics and diet.

But yes, I can't imagine I would stop working out even if I will most likely change my weekly routines when I am no longer having problems with the nerve pain. Going back - not even an option. I haven't been looking for any kind of a quick fix, this is more or less a new life style to me.

SeanR1221

Cuevas,

In the Renaissance book, can you explain the difference between a light, moderate and hard day? The distinctions confuse me.

Would a day of heavy singles at 90% with one heavy accessory of 3x5 be "light?"

Cuevas,

In the Renaissance book, can you explain the difference between a light, moderate and hard day? The distinctions confuse me.

Would a day of heavy singles at 90% with one heavy accessory of 3x5 be "light?"

The way I do it is all relative. If I lift 15k in one session compared to 25k another day the 15 would be a medium session.

It will take you about a month to figure out what you should be eating each day to be at a stable weight. Then you can adjust for the Renaissance diet.

SeanR1221

The way I do it is all relative. If I lift 15k in one session compared to 25k another day the 15 would be a medium session.

It will take you about a month to figure out what you should be eating each day to be at a stable weight. Then you can adjust for the Renaissance diet.

Yeah I've been tracking everything pretty closely.

I'll probably be PMing you sometime in the future.

J. Bravo

weird day. 4x5 and 1x6 @ 195 for bench was easy. then squatted 315 only 4 times. wtf. and the guy next to me was pulling 405 for reps so I asked if I could give it a go (my old 1rm was 445). 405 was toughhhhh and I'm gonna be sore as shit tomorrow. crap. haven't deadlifted in months. need to start making saturdays most likely my dead days.

ILoveBish

So busy at work I couldn't escape to hit the gym. It's deload week anyway. Almost done cooking 16 days of food in one shot. Want to get this out of the way now to get my head in the game for these last few pounds.

I recently decided it's time to get fit, and started with a PT a couple of weeks ago. He put together a leg routine for me last week and Sunday was my first time going through it on my own. Now I can still barely walk a couple of days later, lol.

My question: If I have time to, I want to go to the gym this evening, and do my full-body workout. Can I still do this if my legs still ache after Sunday?

I recently decided it's time to get fit, and started with a PT a couple of weeks ago. He put together a leg routine for me last week and Sunday was my first time going through it on my own. Now I can still barely walk a couple of days later, lol.

My question: If I have time to, I want to go to the gym this evening, and do my full-body workout. Can I still do this if my legs still ache after Sunday?

Plain old "i haven't exercised in forever" muscle soreness isn't an injury. You can work out without fear of an increased risk of harming anything (normal safety awareness still applies, of course).

Take some Advil and do this before your workout
http://youtu.be/BH11j4kSQ8E
Pay close attention to the foam rolling part. That usually helps my DOMS

ILoveBish

Cookies and cream is the worst flavor protein powder. Hope to get through it fast. What are you all using?

I use ON chocolate isolate from Costco. It tastes fine with water. I don't drink it for pleasure, it's to hit macros, so it would have to be horrendous for me to not use it.

You can always use whey in recipes if you hate it, great for pancakes.

Fox318

I don't think I have done a single barbell row that I've liked or felt good doing.

No matter what I do I always feel like my form is wrong or I'm not using enough weight to feel anything.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I don't think I have done a single barbell row that I've liked or felt good doing.

No matter what I do I always feel like more form is wrong or I'm not using enough weight to feel anything.

They make a bar that has a bend in the middle for your torso that's awesome for BB rows. Typically I bend my knees slightly, pitch my torso forward, ass back, with the weight right up until the point where the load is more on my hip and hamstrings. Keep the position there and do the rowing motion.

Alright BumRush you were right. I did pause incline DB bench for 3x10 @ 45, 55, 65 with a three second pause at the bottom and those last reps at 65 killed me. I feel like those can really help me at the bottom of my bench. Gonna get rid of chest flys as I feel those aren't really helping me with my bench and replace them with these.

I read a quote that I want to share in here.

Good quote. Even though I don't actively go for the appearance side of things its nice being able to see a physical change with your eyes (given you have a diet that will help you cut fat).

BumRush

Alright BumRush you were right. I did pause incline DB bench for 3x10 @ 45, 55, 65 with a three second pause at the bottom and those last reps at 65 killed me. I feel like those can really help me at the bottom of my bench. Gonna get rid of chest flys as I feel those aren't really helping me with my bench and replace them with these.

Yeah, they're definitely my favorite chest accessory, I'm glad you liked them! During a cut I will SS them with lightweight chest flies. It's a total bear to get through but the definition gains are incredible.

No matter what I do I always feel like my form is wrong or I'm not using enough weight to feel anything.

ObVNmgM.jpg

This is what I use, it's called a lying t-bar machine. It doesn't work your legs like a standing row would, but you keep your stomach jammed into the pad by sticking your butt out and the rowing will work your upper back and mid-back via the motion and your lower back and abs via the isometrics of maintaining your form.

The only "complaint" I've got about this exercise is that my 10 rep max is a lot lighter than my 5 rep max would imply. I have no idea what that means though. It might be a good thing.

sphinx

the piano man
ObVNmgM.jpg

This is what I use, it's called a lying t-bar machine. It doesn't work your legs like a standing row would, but you keep your stomach jammed into the pad by sticking your butt out and the rowing will work your upper back and mid-back via the motion and your lower back and abs via the isometrics of maintaining your form.

The only "complaint" I've got about this exercise is that my 10 rep max is a lot lighter than my 5 rep max would imply. I have no idea what that means though. It might be a good thing.

I do this and I like it, but to me personally it feels like a lesser Barbell Bent Over Row exercise, even though the motion isn't (or shouldn't be) exactly the same.

BumRush

I do this and I like it, but to me personally it feels like a lesser Barbell Bend Over Row exercise, even though the motion isn't (or shouldn't be) exactly the same.

I agree. I like them but prefer to do barbell bent over rows (pronated and supinated) since I feel like they work more of my back.

keezy

ObVNmgM.jpg

IMO this is my least favorite row. When I start adding weight it feels like I'm getting the wind knocked out of me during my sets. Overall an extremely uncomfortable exercise.

My favorite 'row' has to be Meadows Rows or briefcase rows.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY4YjAHcWrw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk4jObhffP4

Same for me. I completely ditched them because I felt they were pointless. I only do pullups and chinups now and will start adding weight when my new belt arrives.

Ugh... whilst I'm used to training fasted, doing it 3 hours after when I should have eaten... not so good. Felt really dizzy at points. Eat now. Die later.

yogloo

See I'd disagree with that. It certainly can be, but I know ridiculously fit people (olympic level athletes) that look terrible, and people that look utterly amazing (bodybuilding types) that have awful fitness.
In general the quote works. Beauty is something that's truly subjective anyway.

Plain old "i haven't exercised in forever" muscle soreness isn't an injury. You can work out without fear of an increased risk of harming anything (normal safety awareness still applies, of course).

Take some Advil and do this before your workout
http://youtu.be/BH11j4kSQ8E
Pay close attention to the foam rolling part. That usually helps my DOMS

Thanks! In the end I did very well. Most of the pain went away during my first deadlift. And I felt really strong during my deadlifts too.

In the end what killed me were the back exercises. I must have used incorrect form, because during the exercises, I felt much more in my arms than in my back, even though my back is feeling much more sore than my arms afterwards.

In the end what killed me were the back exercises. I must have used incorrect form, because during the exercises, I felt much more in my arms than in my back, even though my back is feeling much more sore than my arms afterwards.

Generally If your back is sore you most likely did it right. If your back is legit hurting, you did it wrong. This only applies when coming back, since it's unlikely that after a coupla weeks of regular gym time you'll still be experiencing long lasting muscle soreness.

Gotta really focus on never bending the back and you'll mostly get it right for most exercises.

ILoveBish

Felt so damn good to hit the gym today. It is deload week so nothing crazy, but feels so good to have the music blasting and hitting the weights. Really, if anyone hasn't gone in a while, make the time and get in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom