• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveBish

It all depends on the person too.

I definitely wouldn't lose weight at 3000 or even 2800.

I know some guys who can lose on that much and some who can only eat 1800 and still lift heavy and maintain a low bf%

I think it also has to do with your job and your lean body mass. I sit in a chair at work, so I get no movement other then the gym. Cooter AFAIK has a job that is more labor intense on top of him lifting at the gym. So makes sense he can cut with more calories.

And of course the genetics.

SeanR1221

I think it also has to do with your job and your lean body mass. I sit in a chair at work, so I get no movement other then the gym. Cooter AFAIK has a job that is more labor intense on top of him lifting at the gym. So makes sense he can cut with more calories.

True. I sit on my butt all day. Barely break 2000 steps a day.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

My maintenance is somewhere between 2500-2800 I estimate. And yeah, never forget the genetics! I would hate not having them and being forced to work hard at the gym. Pass.

True. I sit on my butt all day. Barely break 2000 steps a day.

I usually average about 14000.

entremet

My maintenance is somewhere between 2500-2800 I estimate. And yeah, never forget the genetics! I would hate not having them and being forced to work hard at the gym. Pass.

I usually average about 14000.

That's actually pretty good!

I've been reading a lot about the importance of NEAT (Non Exercise Activity Themogenesis).

Basically, one of the big drivers in our obesity epidemic, along with high caloric foods, is the shrinking of NEAT. Most of us drive to work, sit at work, drive home and sit at home, meaning NEAT has been shrinking, so what happens to all those calories which we used burn? It goes to our waistlines.

I remember when I go my standing desk as work. I lost 10 pounds in a 3 weeks, without changing anything.

RoeBear

It all depends on the person too.

I definitely wouldn't lose weight at 3000 or even 2800.

I know some guys who can lose on that much and some who can only eat 1800 and still lift heavy and maintain a low bf%
Yeah I've probably lost around five pounds since dropping from 4500 to 3000 in the last three weeks. I also added hit and stagnant cardio though which is why it dropped so fast. The guy I'm getting to do my meal plans is happy that I'm coming to him 17 weeks out since he'll have more time to see how my body reacts.

Cooter

Yeah I've probably lost around five pounds since dropping from 4500 to 3000 in the last three weeks. I also added hit and stagnant cardio though which is why it dropped so fast. The guy I'm getting to do my meal plans is happy that I'm coming to him 17 weeks out since he'll have more time to see how my body reacts.
I lost 6 pounds in a week. Mostly water but it still makes a difference. Pants are fitting much better. You're doing a show so it makes sense to ease your way in.

It really is crazy to see how fast your body adjusts when you shift your diet. Bloating has gone down for me which is always something I appreciate.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did you ever notice how the members of the Mad Gear gang in Final Fight all look like they're on mad gear?

Except for Two P and J, I guess.

80s bodies, my friend. Always liked the majesty and striations of Damnd though, even if he looked kinda like an idiot. Alex looked dope. I feel like J Oriber up in here though.

entremet

Is anyone on here openly doing gear?

Unless you're making money off it--athletes, fitness model, body builder, or movie star, it seems like a massive waste of money for the good stuff. Good gear ain't cheap.

Gear quality is also gone down the shitter since a lot of stuff get made in underground labs and pharma grade stuff is just rarer and rarer.

Remember, gear is not illegal in a lot countries. US is one of the few places it is illegal and it wasn't made illegal until the 80s.

Even if I wanted to compete in elite level powerlifting, where gear is prevalent, I suck at taking shit. I have hard time taking my Vitamin D tablets consistently lol.

TRT is a different story and really depends on many factors, plus its legal and you don't have to worry about jail time.

If you just want to look great and be strong, you don't need gear use. Just patience.

80s bodies, my friend. Always liked the majesty and striations of Damnd though, even if he looked kinda like an idiot. Alex looked dope. I feel like J Oriber up in here though.

Or, to put things in perspective, Guy was considered small back then
guysel.jpg

Matugi

Surprisingly haven't lost a *ton* of strength from food poisoning. Only managed to get 1x295 on bench but I'm fine with that considering the circumstances. Week off next week then it's the grind to may 30th, gotta get 320.

Cooter

A group of new guys at my gym who have yet to see me near single digits were talking shit about aesthetics and how all I care about is hitting numbers. They proceeded to lecture me about the difference between powerlifters (which they consider me. Um...no) and bodybuilders. One guy even said the way I train won't lead to an attractive looking physique. I just laughed and said I will attempt to get close to single digits this summer and you can judge for yourself. They had their doubts I could even do it. lol

Tabris

A group of new guys at my gym who have yet to see me near single digits were talking shit about aesthetics and how all I care about is hitting numbers. They proceeded to lecture me about the difference between powerlifters (which they consider me. Um...no) and bodybuilders. One guy even said the way I train won't lead to an attractive looking physique. I just laughed and said I will attempt to get close to single digits this summer and you can judge for yourself. They had their doubts I could even do it. lol

See this is why I like the gym I go to. It's a boutique gym with a pretty close 1:1 ratio between trainer and person. I'm not sure if those gyms have special names, where mostly everyone going there is doing personal sessions?

Bowser

See this is why I like the gym I go to. It's a boutique gym with a pretty close 1:1 ratio between trainer and person. I'm not sure if those gyms have special names, where mostly everyone going there is doing personal sessions?

...and part of the reason I'll never go to a gym again.

lol why would you even care? I rarely even talk to anyone at my gym. I pop my headphones in and get to work.

Tabris

Well I go with a trainer 5 days a week for both motivation and I'm still learning.

And why do I care? Because it's nice talking to someone while working out that isn't just interested in feeling better about themselves by putting down whatever you are doing or not doing.

ILoveBish

Well I go with a trainer 5 days a week for both motivation and I'm still learning.

And why do I care? Because it's nice talking to someone while working out that isn't just interested in feeling better about themselves by putting down whatever you are doing or not doing.

Talking while at the gym? Bro. No. Get in there, do your thing and get moving.

lol why would you even care? I rarely even talk to anyone at my gym. I pop my headphones in and get to work.

Yesyesyes.gif

I don't understand why people give a shit in the first place. Why even go that far? gaah

Because having douchebags looking over / pointing and catching my eye etc in the mirror is distracting even with headphones in?

Last time I went I got the last bit of un-requested advice that I'm ever going to get. Went home and started putting my home gym together.

Man, i'm feeling superlucky. Been years since anyone talked to me in whatever gym i go, beyond the usual "hi" grunts. Don't even know the name of anyone at my current gym, and i've been there for nearly a year, aside from the hiatus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom