• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadetar

Interesting talk with the doctor. I am now taking arcoxia 120mg once a day and sirdalud 4mg once a day. At least with Arcoxia the dose is pretty high up there. I am hoping that they will help me sleep even though I am already worried about the side effects. Has anyone in here been taking those?

Oh and I also bought Levi's skinny jeans and now I am thinking will I actually use them or return them. I don't know how the clerk managed to sweet talk me to squeeze into size 28, but damn they are thight.

Edit -

I know I said I wasn't a slave to the quest bar, but I am a slave to good deals.

http://m.slickdeals.net/f/7705017-q...ors-1-47-bar-shipping-at-luckyvitamin-com?v=1

Got 34 bars for 49 SHIPPED! No tax for California and free shipping.
I am crying inside.

Currently I have only three bars left and would definitely want more soon - but nope, international shipping doesn't let me use any kind of special deals. Poor little me.

ILoveBish

Deload week is finished other then some accessory work. I'll go in tomorrow and do the remainder and some body weight stuff. Still feeling so strong, still on 1400 calories. Last night I had to go help my brother move his furniture to the garage and felt fine fasted. Going to rest up this weekend plenty then start an all new 1s week Monday. I may eat a tad more this weekend but we'll see.

I am crying inside.

Currently I have only three bars left and would definitely want more soon - but nope, international shipping doesn't let me use any kind of special deals. Poor little me.

If it makes you feel any better, I have no idea when I'll even eat the ones I ordered, I eat the same thing everyday. I just couldn't pass up the deal.

ILoveBish

Used to take a #2 3-6 times a day, then when I went low carb, down to 3 at most a day. Fully keto adapted and doing 20/4 IF, I go once a day usually, some days not even once.

Husker86

I bet I'm at 1200-1500. What monitor do you guys use for that?

Edit -

I know I said I wasn't a slave to the quest bar, but I am a slave to good deals.

http://m.slickdeals.net/f/7705017-q...ors-1-47-bar-shipping-at-luckyvitamin-com?v=1

Got 34 bars for 49 SHIPPED! No tax for California and free shipping.
If you search for quest bars on slickdeals there is an Amex deal too (assuming you have an Amex) through Swansonvitamins. They have their own $30 off deal on top of Amex $20 off.

I got 72 bars for $100. Just slightly better than the other deal.

ILoveBish

If you search for quest bars on slickdeals there is an Amex deal too (assuming you have an Amex) through Swansonvitamins. They have their own $30 off deal on top of Amex $20 off.

I got 72 bars for $100. Just slightly better than the other deal.

I don't know what I'm going to do with my 34, let alone 72 of them lol.

I love amex deals.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
3-6 for me. constipated.

have a ton of that laxative drink but haven't touched it in a while. usually does the trick and eases it up a ton so will drink it for the next day or two.

That sucks.

I shit mountains that clog the toilet almost every time I go... :(

And I have just discovered chickpeas...$1/can on sale for 950cal/52g protein/26g fibre.

RIP in peace toilet.

Chocobro

Didn't think some of you guys would have to use the toilet that many times. I only go once a day, always about 10 minutes after I wake up in the morning, and I eat ~31g of fiber everyday.

leakey

dirk.jpg

I wanna be Dirk.

Started adding dips and front squats into my routine. What the hell did I get myself into?

Didn't think some of you guys would have to use the toilet that many times. I only go once a day, always about 10 minutes after I wake up in the morning, and I eat ~31g of fiber everyday.

Seriously, even twice a day would be "What the fuck is wrong with me?" territory.

Once to twice a week low cal keto master race.

ILoveBish

I'll be honest, 34 years of eating horribly and no exercise, my insides are likely in absolutely bottom tier (think deejay in USF4) condition. It takes a long time to even begin to reverse the damage done by all the processed crap and i'm sure a lot of the damage cannot even be fixed, and i'll suffer from them as time goes on. You're still young compared to a lot of us, so you are likely in better shape when it comes to your gut and insides then those of us that have been screwing up for a long time.

Better late then never, but a lot of damage has already been done.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, even twice a day would be "What the fuck is wrong with me?" territory.

Once to twice a week low cal keto master race.

On keto I take a shit maybe once a week. If even that. It's kinda ridiculous.

grumble

A group of new guys at my gym who have yet to see me near single digits were talking shit about aesthetics and how all I care about is hitting numbers. They proceeded to lecture me about the difference between powerlifters (which they consider me. Um...no) and bodybuilders. One guy even said the way I train won't lead to an attractive looking physique. I just laughed and said I will attempt to get close to single digits this summer and you can judge for yourself. They had their doubts I could even do it. lol

That's such a bizarre conversation. It's like they're mocking someone who's training to be more capable instead of just to look like a fitness model. Frankly I think that someone who is really keen on hitting big numbers has my respect more than someone who stops between sets to check out his abs in the mirror. Also this bodybuilder/power lifter dichotomy is weird... What about being who train to improve their athleticism? They aren't in either category.

ILoveBish

I purposely did First Set Last with lighter weight for 3x10, but more i read the program, more i think it is time i step it up. I am going to switch to first working set for AMRAP after my 5/3/1 sets. This is going to be rough on this cut, but i know i can do it. I'm working out the calculations for my next 5/3/1 session now, will have to get mentally prepped for next week to really hit the gym hard.

Edit -

Just for giggles, i pasted my next months routine here for anyone curious:

http://pastebin.com/vM9JkLhP

I will not do any more leg stuff other then deadlift/squat because frankly my legs are huge from all the muscle just from being obese previously, so i want to keep the growth there much less then the rest of me. The accessories are all reps of 10/8/6/4, ramping up in weight each time. If there is something amiss, please, let me know.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I purposely did First Set Last with lighter weight for 3x10, but more i read the program, more i think it is time i step it up. I am going to switch to first working set for AMRAP after my 5/3/1 sets. This is going to be rough on this cut, but i know i can do it. I'm working out the calculations for my next 5/3/1 session now, will have to get mentally prepped for next week to really hit the gym hard.

Edit -

Just for giggles, i pasted my next months routine here for anyone curious:

http://pastebin.com/vM9JkLhP

I will not do any more leg stuff other then deadlift/squat because frankly my legs are huge from all the muscle just from being obese previously, so i want to keep the growth there much less then the rest of me. The accessories are all reps of 10/8/6/4, ramping up in weight each time. If there is something amiss, please, let me know.

My 10/8/6/4 sometimes 2 brother! Bump this fist.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Switched over to a keto diet. For fun, prepping for summer when I'll pick up a trainer to look into contest training. Waiting till I move to Chicago to pick a trainer/coach, I already know of a few good ones.

I've been in such a lull hovering at 205-210 for about 3 months now. I wanna get lean and back at my peak (aesthetically) before I jump in with a trainer.

Hi guys. I sucks at doing Push-up. When I go down, my arms goes into a chicken wing like pose and my butt stick up lol. Any easy way to do a standard push up?

RoeBear

Switched over to a keto diet. For fun, prepping for summer when I'll pick up a trainer to look into contest training. Waiting till I move to Chicago to pick a trainer/coach, I already know of a few good ones.

I've been in such a lull hovering at 205-210 for about 3 months now. I wanna get lean and back at my peak (aesthetically) before I jump in with a trainer.
Good luck. I doubt you really need to be even close to your best for a trainer. The smart ones will see you and know what you can look like.

My legs are already starting to separate so I'm unsure if I should do bodybuilding or physique. Still have 17 weeks to decide. The only thing is if I do bodybuilding I'll compete against my workout partner since we're the same weight, but I'm about 6 inches taller. I think he'd beat me since his legs and back look better #workoutproblems.

manfestival

What would you guys say is the best way to taking out love handles?

I am in my second week of working out again and I have quite the progress so far. It has been very motivating for me as I am doing this entirely as a self motivation bit(which I rarely ever do)

SeanR1221

What would you guys say is the best way to taking out love handles?

I am in my second week of working out again and I have quite the progress so far. It has been very motivating for me as I am doing this entirely as a self motivation bit(which I rarely ever do)

Diet.

You can't spot reduce fat.

SeanR1221

At what point lifting should I consider getting a belt?

there is no hard and fast rule here. Wear a belt when you feel like you need to wear a belt. Theres many different schools of thought on a belt, but I think you should keep in mind one major thing.

It is not to prevent injury. its purpose is to allow you to have better abdominal pressure. Thus it needs to be a belt thats the same dimensions all the way around.

Looks like it's only being sweetened by the protein powder. If I was to modify it I'd probably put some artificial sweetener, chocolate chips, etc

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom