• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stn

Work has taken over. As a result, I only have one free day a week to gym. Do you guys have any recommendations for exercises I can do at home to burn fat? I won't be able to resume my gym routine for another three weeks. Thanks!

entremet

Work has taken over. As a result, I only have one free day a week to gym. Do you guys have any recommendations for exercises I can do at home to burn fat? I won't be able to resume my gym routine for another three weeks. Thanks!

Tabata sets with a kettlebell. But really your best bet is watching your diet.

despire

Something similar happened to me the other day. For me, it's the mid back area, mostly the right side. It's annoying but not too much of a hindrance. Still going to take it easy.

That why I'm getting the deep tissue massage for the first time.

Mine was just a strain like I suspected. Got some medicine and a few days off work. Time to write my thesis!

I think this happened because my muscles were still fatigued from the kettlebell HIIT I did on monday. Should've maybe used less weight on the RDL but when you are cutting, dropping weight, even for a one workout, is a scary thought.

Dunno, the weight I use with RDL's is 220lbs and it's starting to get heavy because you have to walk it out of the rack. Increases the risk of something happening.

Taking the day off greasing the groove. 150 pushups and 80 pullups is more than I can handle today. Feel really worn from the weights yesterday.

Will still be doing my two hours on the turbo trainer though.

SeanR1221

191 again!

So, 191 before Vegas. Ate like a king. Shot up to 197. Got back last Friday and not even a week later lost the 6lbs of water weight. Awesome.

Faiz

166.4 today - makes 20.2 lbs down since August 13. Goal was to hit 165 even by Thanksgiving and that's unlikely now but I'll be close and call it good enough.

Then 10 days in Disney World where calories don't exist and lifting will be irregular at best.

ldcommando

Banned
166.4 today - makes 20.2 lbs down since August 13. Goal was to hit 165 even by Thanksgiving and that's unlikely now but I'll be close and call it good enough.

Then 10 days in Disney World where calories don't exist and lifting will be irregular at best.

That´s some fine work, my man. Keep it up.

CNS fatigue is a crock. Don't let anyone sell you supplements to fix a made up, fucking bullshit condition.

Look, I explained that I don't know what the actual pathology is and I even said I wasn't ready to say that L-Tyrosine was the answer.

But something is giving me hangover-like symptoms specifically the morning after squats. It's not like I don't work hard on my other days, and it's not dehydration.

So you can say that it doesn't have anything to do with my nervous system and that's fine, but this happens to a lot of people and it is not made up. If you're so fucking smart why don't you tell me what it is that's causing it, since it seems to be a fairly common occurrence and you're a neuromyologist and whatnot.

Wulfric

my butt so swore this morning

feels like someone laid a bear trap on these cheeks

lol, sounds lovely. Perfect reason to stay in bed.

I really want to finish all 5 BP sets (115lb) tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it was the lack of sleep and intimidation factor that did me in on Monday. I've never used the 35lb plates for benching, but 4 out of 5 was pretty good. And somehow I went through a pint of Ben & Jerry's in two days and the scale actually went down. #dadbodstruggle

Congrats, Faiz! Isn't Disney supposed to have decent fitness centers at their resorts? Unless it's more of a time/family issue for you.

JoeNut

Cardio day, which means bike for 30 mins on hill mode and abs, i'm too sore to do anything else. Need some things to watch on my phone to keep me getting bored, i've nearly run out of zero punctuation videos

theytookourjobz

Look, I explained that I don't know what the actual pathology is and I even said I wasn't ready to say that L-Tyrosine was the answer.

But something is giving me hangover-like symptoms specifically the morning after squats. It's not like I don't work hard on my other days, and it's not dehydration.

So you can say that it doesn't have anything to do with my nervous system and that's fine, but this happens to a lot of people and it is not made up. If you're so fucking smart why don't you tell me what it is that's causing it, since it seems to be a fairly common occurrence and you're a neuromyologist and whatnot.

That's actually 100% my bad, I was groggy this morning and read adrenal fatigue.

Usually deadlifts are a lot more taxing and hangover inducing for most so I don't know why you feel that way after squat days and not deadlift days.

crpav

I am sitting around 178 or so which is up from my lowest of 172 in August. Hoping it's mostly muscle. I still keep my calories between 1850 to 2000 but sometimes, mostly weekends, I go over and end up near 2500 or more. I also have been cheating with a little more junk food lately but not too bad. Ice cream and Twizzler cherry bites are my weakness.

ILoveBish

Horrible sleep last night. Amazing date tho. We ate, laughed, had a fantastic time. I never thought in a million years I'd find someone like her. I literally gave up and was planning on staying single till I die.

Slept at 2am but was awful sleep. Got up at 8, body felt tired. Hit the gym anyway. Ohp today with 3x145, 3x165 followed with 2x185, racked it and rested 15 seconds and did another 1x185. I might have gotten all 3 but I'm not going to risk hurting myself to prove anything. Ended with a 9x135. Some real grinders in there. I finally got a set of 10 pull ups after, but got really zapped after.

She is coming Saturday to meet my family. So have a busy weekend again.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Horrible sleep last night. Amazing date tho. We ate, laughed, had a fantastic time. I never thought in a million years I'd find someone like her. I literally gave up and was planning on staying single till I die.

Slept at 2am but was awful sleep. Got up at 8, body felt tired. Hit the gym anyway. Ohp today with 3x145, 3x165 followed with 2x185, racked it and rested 15 seconds and did another 1x185. I might have gotten all 3 but I'm not going to risk hurting myself to prove anything. Ended with a 9x135. Some real grinders in there. I finally got a set of 10 pull ups after, but got really zapped after.

She is coming Saturday to meet my family. So have a busy weekend again.

Understood.

Glad everything is going so well Bish.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Bros, I had DCT training the other day, and I'm a shield guy. Well we trained to secure a housing unit that "went up." I actually broke a fucking door jam. A fucking steel door jam that's meant to house inmates. Lol.

Faiz

Bros, I had DCT training the other day, and I'm a shield guy. Well we trained to secure a housing unit that "went up." I actually broke a fucking door jam. A fucking steel door jam that's meant to house inmates. Lol.

Holy shit. I think one time in a discussion about aesthetics you said you wanted to look like a wrecking ball? Fuck looking like one, you are one!

mdsfx

Just checking in. Bulk progress slowed due to being ill for a few weeks, but I am definitely getting stronger and... Softer lol.

Anyways, back at it. Hope everyone is hitting their goals. See you guys in a few more weeks!

Szu

Lol pretty much. It was a glorious day. I got to run around and shield bash the hell out of everything. Lol.

Shield bashing, heh?

post-50256-Captain-America-winter-soldier-UtYl.gif

Switching to Candito's 6 week program after about 7 months of SS because my deadlift and bench have been stalling. I start on Monday - hopefully I see some results!

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Best thing I've read on here in weeks Brolic. That's great!

Looking much bigger Mikey. Keep going. Eye on the prize.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So I've asked this before but looks like my sister may actually be serious this time about getting into shape. I already told her to do starting strength and she seems open to actually lifting. So is there any reason she shouldn't do SS or any SS like program? Otherwise not sure what to tell her lol.

despire

So I've asked this before but looks like my sister may actually be serious this time about getting into shape. I already told her to do starting strength and she seems open to actually lifting. So is there any reason she shouldn't do SS or any SS like program? Otherwise not sure what to tell her lol.

Nope.

Nelo Ice

Banned

K in that case what should I do if she can't do an exercise. Like what exercises should I recommend she do if she can't do the bar for the big 4 compounds?. And depending on the exercise I may need to learn it to so I can show her proper form. Cuz I'm already thinking of grabbing those lighter bars people use for curling as a substitute unless there's a more efficient way. Since she has never lifted before despite having a gym membership for years.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Yeah, I'd just grab a lighter bar if they've got them. I know people that started with broomsticks just for body positioning.

K thanks for the advice. Hopefully I can convince her to stick with it. It was miracle hearing she was actually open to lifting since she was just gonna do cardio lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom