• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
lol, I did a double take at those numbers...500+ chains for 3...WAIT, 500+ CHAINS...FOR 3!?!? Jesus.

I am a woefully inadequate human being.

I love how the entire neighborhood shakes during deadlifts XD

Goddamn.

I wish I could train at your home gym!

Thanks guys, I've done more though. Pretty sure I did 555+chains x3 before my last meet. And not sure why the camera zooms like that.

Faiz

Saturday morning weigh-in: 162 even.

Continues to go slow, roughly 6 weeks left. 150 is completely out, 155 is still possible.

Ambitious

I finally hit my first milestone yesterday: Lost 5kg since I started running/dieting again. Really happy about that.
However, the weight loss isn't really visible yet. I haven't measured my belly, but it doesn't look particularly smaller to me. That's a bit disappointing.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So I started the Army workout 4 months ago, started weight lifting and doing some running about a month ago.

Dropped about 20 pounds, but since I started to weight lift, I stopped losing weight. But damn I am feeling better. That kick and need to work out has been hitting in.

Thanks for the basic rountine OP.

JoeNut

If I'm not getting the pins and needles does that mean I've not taken enough beta alanine for it?! I expected to feel it.that being said I finally overcame my plateau for bench press this week using it so maybe it worked!!

I ran my first 5k this morning, I am NOT a runner and have never really done any cardio. It was harder than I expected and took me 34 mins 15 seconds. I'm hoping I can get this down to 30 mins fairly swiftly

If I'm not getting the pins and needles does that mean I've not taken enough beta alanine for it?! I expected to feel it.that being said I finally overcame my plateau for bench press this week using it so maybe it worked!!

I ran my first 5k this morning, I am NOT a runner and have never really done any cardio. It was harder than I expected and took me 34 mins 15 seconds. I'm hoping I can get this down to 30 mins fairly swiftly
Grats on bench and 5k.

As for paresthesia, people have different thresholds. Some people don't feel it until you hit higher amounts and it has nothing to do with whether or not Beta Alinine is working.

3-4g is recommended daily. I barely feel it at 4g. How long have you been taking BA? It is a saturation type supplement and not acute. It's benefits will be in full swing in about 6-8 weeks.

But the paresthesia varies from person to person, unless you got some off brand with a bunch of filler.

bchamba

Dana and Rob Bailey were at my gym today. Rob is a giant man.

Today I did low bar squats for a 3x3 with 365 and then an amrap of 6. Last time I did an amrap with that weight I got 5 and that was with only doing 3 total reps before that so doing triple the volume and still hitting a 1 rep PR feels good man.

Amrap set https://www.instagram.com/p/BEjIgN8Di8T/

My first photo. Go easy on my legs.

h7j9sbN.jpg

Wulfric

Firstly... well done. :)

Secondly... yeah, you should definitely start again with lighter weights. Wont take long to get back to it.

Congrats Wulf and welcome back.

Yes, I would definitely recommend taking a step back. Not only did you not lift for 10 weeks but you lost weight, probably ate less calories, etc. Sorry to say, but at first, you aren't going to be as strong. Don't try to put up PRs the first time out.

Thanks guys, I'll take it easy for now. I wasn't expecting to pick up right where I left off, not with all the running I've been doing. Once I get my class schedule I'll figure out what to do. 3x a week might be pushing it right now with group PT.

mdsfx

Having your kids active in sports is awesome. Sitting here watching 5 year old kids "try" to "play" soccer, however, is frustrating as hell. Thank god it's at least a beautiful day out here.

SeanR1221

I'm in love with this new gym.

A nice thin barbell and bumper plates make a big difference.

Having your kids active in sports is awesome. Sitting here watching 5 year old kids "try" to "play" soccer, however is frustrating as hell. Thank god it's at least a beautiful day out here.

Just wait till you have...! Oh. Wait. Never Mind.

Dany

Banned
My biggest struggle with barbell or dumbbell curls are my wrists. It always feels like a ligament or something is about to tear on pinky side of my forearm. Keeping form is hard. Grr.

frontieruk

Having your kids active in sports is awesome. Sitting here watching 5 year old kids "try" to "play" soccer, however, is frustrating as hell. Thank god it's at least a beautiful day out here.

The beauty is when they get good enough and old enough to support you... ;)

My biggest struggle with barbell or dumbbell curls are my wrists. It always feels like a ligament or something is about to tear on pinky side of my forearm. Keeping form is hard. Grr.

Lower the weight, increase the reps, hold onto each negative so that it takes a count of 5 to complete.

Bah, I failed. I knew it had to happen eventually (the plans aren't really aimed at people doing weights on what should be their rest days).

However, I failed with some strength. Did the first intervals at 100%, second at 98% and third at 96%... so no real shame there.

Edit - Wow, I set new 10, 15, 20, 60 and 90 minute power output records.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Well I tried teaching myself the snatch today. It didn't go so well once it started getting heavy for me.

If you quote there's a link to critique, other than I know I need a coach. Turned into some sort of shitty clean and press that went up, 115lbs.

So I'm going to dive straight to 3000 calories on my cut tomorrow. Might be too little as I'm calculating all my macros and damn... That's not much food o_O I know I said I was getting sick of food but damn. 3k might be a bit low but by all accounts it's my deficit. I'm letting the past few weeks get to my head.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
So I'm going to dive straight to 3000 calories on my cut tomorrow. Might be too little as I'm calculating all my macros and damn... That's not much food o_O I know I said I was getting sick of food but damn. 3k might be a bit low but by all accounts it's my deficit. I'm letting the past few weeks get to my head.
That's plenty. Not low at all.

JoeNut

Grats on bench and 5k.

As for paresthesia, people have different thresholds. Some people don't feel it until you hit higher amounts and it has nothing to do with whether or not Beta Alinine is working.

3-4g is recommended daily. I barely feel it at 4g. How long have you been taking BA? It is a saturation type supplement and not acute. It's benefits will be in full swing in about 6-8 weeks.

But the paresthesia varies from person to person, unless you got some off brand with a bunch of filler.
Ok thanks, just started on it and wasn't sure how it'd affect me

That's plenty. Not low at all.
Roger. I called my boss today and asked him to see if he can be a bit more consistent with my work and hours this week. I want to get a solid baseline since it's hard to try and calculate how much I burn at work with varying hours and stress. Hoping he can keep my start times consistent, too. 4:30 - 5:00 am would be perfect.

Going to let two weeks rip then evaluate. Excited to do my cardio every day now that the weather is nice and the wind stopped knocking down my fence for me - fucker is gone this summer tho. Giving my neighbors time to save cash to finish their fences since our property creates their borders. Fun. I'da had this fucker out before spring otherwise.

Ok thanks, just started on it and wasn't sure how it'd affect me
NP

mdsfx

Working out this week will be a challenge. I should be able to sneak in my 5/3/1 squats and cardio tomorrow before hopping on a flight to San Diego.

From what I can tell, the Hard Rock only has a small fitness center with treadmills and some dumbbells. Guess I'll have to make due :(

Edit: Almost forgot that I have a challenging 10k race tomorrow. The frickin course is uphill city. I'm going to be hurting!

Makai

I've been going to the gym every day after work. Can't do most of the exercises in the OP because it's a Planet Fitness. But I'm just starting so it's fine, i think. I use the machines and freeweights for 30-90 minutes then finish with cardio. Plan to do yoga on one of my weekend rest days.

Working out this week will be a challenge. I should be able to sneak in my 5/3/1 squats and cardio tomorrow before hopping on a flight to San Diego.

From what I can tell, the Hard Rock only has a small fitness center with treadmills and some dumbbells. Guess I'll have to make due :(

Edit: Almost forgot that I have a challenging 10k race tomorrow. The frickin course is uphill city. I'm going to be hurting!
Good luck today, dude.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Good luck bud

1st day of cut.

On the docket for cardio today after legs:
10 min warmup run
10 min HIIT sprints
15 min HIIT heavy bag

Gotta ease myself back into cardio every day. Heavy bag is no joke.

Top Bottom