• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

Careful what you wish for. Having certain height / space requirements has meant I've spent nearly a year and a half looking for a house.

True. At the very least I'd like taller ceilings in the basement. I have to lug shit upstairs just for standing OHP :( That's why I alternate every few weeks.

I've realised that if I want to get the muscle targetting right on the box squats then I need to use considerably less weight than I'm technically capable of lifting. Same story for Romanian deadlifts. My ass muscles really don't work properly. =/

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
your lifts are always awesome. When I see your pull exercises the first thing that comes to mind is "how in the world can someone have such a strong grip"?

it's mind blowing. you use chalk, right? is there anything else to it?

I'm using straps in hthis video. But my 625lb video is hook grip. If you master hook grip, you're basically cheat mode. Your thumbs become straps.

https://youtu.be/fIwjjfUNFIg

It's just fun to watch. You've put in WORK and the results are directly correlated

Really appreciate it bud.

My current year tracking is almost over and I only missed around 5 days of workouts out of 260 workout days.

Have any of you guys tried myprotein brand whey?

I like their protein and calorie to serving size/grams, and the price is pretty damn good.

I'm looking to buy Chocolate Smooth.

Have any of you guys tried myprotein brand whey?

I like their protein and calorie to serving size/grams, and the price is pretty damn good.

I've been using them for a while. Usually getting which ever flavour is on offer at Amazon UK which is typically around 11 GBP for a kilo. Some flavours taste better than others but none so far have been terrible.

I usually mix it with greek yoghurt and eat it like a dessert rather than drinking it with water.

ILoveBish

Very nearly pulled the trigger on a set of rogue farmers walk handled, but I've decided I want the ones where the weight sits on top (as I don't currently have bumper plates).

That's the type I got, but I'd never use my bumpers on the normal farmer handles anyway, I'd be scared of damaging the weights. The top loading ones are the nicer I feel. I've still yet to use mine it my ghd machine. Soon....

I've been using them for a while. Usually getting which ever flavour is on offer at Amazon UK which is typically around 11 GBP for a kilo. Some flavours taste better than others but none so far have been terrible.

I usually mix it with greek yoghurt and eat it like a dessert rather than drinking it with water.

It's all I've really ever used. Purity wise it's pretty damn good, but the flavours are very hit and miss.

Any flavor you two recommend?

I plan on just drinking it with water. If I add cinnamon spice to it and double scoop (2 servings) it shouldn't be that bad for me to down it.

I only ever use unflavoured now as on the rare ocassions I do actually use it, I put it in smoothies. Cookies and cream wasn't bad though.

Edit - Bollocks. Suit I bought 6 months ago now hanging off me. I hate this bulk and cut shit.

sphinx

the piano man
I am so excited.. :O

I had a recital with other musicians and it turns out that the guitar teacher and another piano teacher like to lift weight

we'll go lift one day together.

I'm like "whhaaa???" I know many people in the world like we weigthlifting but classical musicians are mostly pussies and lazy af, they treat their hands like they are supermodels,

it's definitely rare, so this is very exciting to me.

Huge Deadlift pr, 365 lbs for 2 reps. Super happy about that. I can taste 405!
Hell yeah dude!

Deadlift training is going fantastic. EVERYTHING is getting stronger.

SSB Squat 445lb, Deadlift 495lb +chains x 5, barbell row 405lb x 5.

https://youtu.be/yZcPAg4wS-M
Insane as always, man!

Dips are the best, mayne.

Falling in love with them all over again.
All day every day!

-

Back at it today. Feeling good. Warmed up my legs then went to push my first set - BOOM - lumbar was like NOPE straight through my left hip/glute area, didn't even make it all the way down. Fuck this shit. I'm sick of my lumbar issues already. Had to resort to hacks and take it slow. If I keep up like this I'll be down to squatting just the bar with pain. My favorite lift day shattered just like that :(

OldMan

Banned
Why do I get the feeling cross fit shoes are just a ploy to get me to change my shoes when entering the gym? Anyone here actually find any benefit to them? I know Reebok toyed with the idea of the all in one training/running/basketball shoe
reebok-axt-plus-low__.JPG
I posted this in the shoe thread as well best regards, OM

Are those soles squishy? They look like they would be.

You really can't have an "all in one" shoe for training, because there are just so many different requirements (even between running and basketball).

Mediking

Kinda shocked by how much money I saved by not buying any fast food this week... I actually hardly even ate this past week... really mostly slept. My eating habits are changing again due to work. I work super late and into the morning so I'm only even really hungry for is breakfast.

if anyone looking for at reebok lifting shoes crossfit.com has some with 40% off code CYBER today only. The code is 40% off site wide so get anything else you want (y)
http://www.store.crossfit.com/

ordered a pair of the liberty shoes. reg is 179. they have it down to $124. with 40% off it came down to $75 :D

lenovox1

if anyone looking for at reebok lifting shoes crossfit.com has some with 40% off code CYBER today only. The code is 40% off site wide so get anything else you want (y)
http://www.store.crossfit.com/

ordered a pair of the liberty shoes. reg is 179. they have it down to $124. with 40% off it came down to $75 :D

I utilized that, Dead Prince! Thanks! Needed some cross trainers. And all Reebok products are 40% off today on their website.

First time squatting again after it mashed up my (not yet properly healed) rib. Worked up to a little over body weight for reps and didn't feel any obvious pain.

Cautiously optimistic that I'll be able to get back to it. Though I'll have to watch it with the frequency as it seems to play hell with my shins for some reason.

Gained 5 pounds from Turkey Day. I know it's mostly water, but kinda nuts.

I'm up 2.1kg (4.6lbs) from my pizza and alcohol day yesterday. I'm sure it'll be mostly gone by the end of the week though.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Looks like I'll be a future FitGAF dad! Got my girlfriend, now fiancee, a ring and we found out last night that she is pregnant... the day after I asked her parents for their blessing. Already have a dad bod lol 😂

BumRush

Looks like I'll be a future FitGAF dad! Got my girlfriend, now fiancee, a ring and we found out last night that she is pregnant... the day after I asked her parents for their blessing. Already have a dad bod lol 😂

Yesssss!!!!!! Congrats on all accounts dude!

sphinx

the piano man
Gained 5 pounds from Turkey Day. I know it's mostly water, but kinda nuts.

I'm up 2.1kg (4.6lbs) from my pizza and alcohol day yesterday. I'm sure it'll be mostly gone by the end of the week though.

I must be doing something wrong..my cheat days don't bring my anywhere in terms of weight.

I guess I'd be up a kilo or so right after eating but 5 pounds real weight that stays past a night of sleep?? never....I wished!

the feeling must be amazing, learning about the pregnancy and proposing at the same time, congrats to you both.

Szu

Woo hoo, welcome to the club.

NIN90

Thinking about switching to high bar from low bar squats since I've heard that it could help with my lower back problems. Any input from you guys? My weights are still pretty pitiful at 70kg/154lbs 5x5 (been doing stronglifts) and my ego probably wouldn't shatter from the decreased weight that comes with high bar.

NIN90

Are you talking about lower back problems caused by squatting, or general lower back problems?

The lower back pain is most likely caused by my workout. It only started to crop a few weeks ago and it's at its worst on the day of the workout (I always do my workouts in the morning) and the following day. Haven't gone to the gym since last Saturday and I don't really have any lower back pain right now. I'm gonna hold off until next Saturday since I got a cold anyway and see from there.

ILoveBish

I must be doing something wrong..my cheat days don't bring my anywhere in terms of weight.

I guess I'd be up a kilo or so right after eating but 5 pounds real weight that stays past a night of sleep?? never....I wished!

I've gained much more then 5lbs overnight from a cheat day. Very common for me sadly.

Top Bottom