• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Footage of The Order 1886 wasn't ready for VGX

Derrick01

Banned
I'm kind of glad as I don't really care much for this game and their heavily cinematic goals for it. It potentially saves time for something much more interesting.

Potentially being the key word.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Juliet's 8½ Spirits;92648176 said:
6 months and there isnt any footage ready to show??? Either they're really behind in the development or the game is looking like shit right now.
Not every developer is restricted by the Madden/COD cycle of forced yearly releases. Want something done right, it'll take time.

I think they just want their big gameplay moment to be incredible. If that means they have to skip VGX, then so be it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I guess we see something at GDC.

That's 3 months away. I hate how new media from unreleased games is confined to these little industry events the mainstream doesn't even pay attention to. Can we just put the footage out there when it's ready even if it's just some random ass Wednesday or Thursday? Fuck...

/petpeeve

KoopaTheCasual

I'm kind of glad as I don't really care much for this game and their heavily cinematic goals for it. It potentially saves time for something much more interesting.

Potentially being the key word.

And here Geoff thought they wouldn't have time to pencil in the Doritos and Dew chugging contest!

RaikuHebi

Banned
Not enough time to triangle?

sad_triangle_sticker-r27f8db8e291b48a9b3d18c4811db2546_v9w05_8byvr_512.jpg

And here Geoff thought they wouldn't have time to pencil in the Doritos and Dew chugging contest!

TIM_THE_DORITOS_SAMURAI_by_crazybucket123.jpg

Harlequin

6 months and there isnt any footage ready to show??? Either they're really behind in the development or the game is looking like shit right now.

Well, they've shown gameplay to several journalists so we know there is a playable, presentable game there. My guess is that they're simply being perfectionists who don't want to publically show gameplay until they get the details right and it really wows people. Remember Naughty Dog saying they regretted showing off Drake's Fortune so early because they felt it wasn't ready to be shown? I'm pretty sure that's the case here (only that RAD and Sony went through with not showing it this time).

GodofWine

Is this a big deal?? one less so called "in engine" video to watch.

I dont think games need special shows to build hype, they could release their video at 2am on a random wednesday and if it was awesome, the hype machine would explode by morning.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
disappointed, not because of VGX but because it risks to miss the fall 14 streat date...and it's one of my most anticipated games up to now (also because I didin't see much of it ;p )

Juliet's 8½ Spirits;92649046 said:
from the first trailer
The press has already seen it behind closed doors and said it looks incredible,that doesn't mean anything. They could be intense into development and not have time to really make a demo to show on the side. Believe it or not demos take quite a chunk of time to get right and implement.

They also might not feel comfortable showing it in public yet, similar to CDPR with The Witcher 3. That got a demo behind closed doors for journos and everyone was raving about it, but CDPR told me they still didn't feel comfortable showing it to everyone just yet as they wanted it to be perfect.

GameSeeker

RaD must be seriously behind schedule if they can't provide an updated trailer. It's been 6 months since the E3 footage, which is plenty of time to do a new trailer.

It's probably best for Sony to push this title to 2015.

They released (gorgeous) pictures of the game months ago, but they aren't ready for a video?

Isn't this thing supposed to release in 2014? Oh well, Sony is probably giving them all the time they need since this could be a very big franchise.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
E3: "We're not ready either!"

WHEN, RAD?!

I have a feeling that this game is gonna get delayed at some point.

More chances for HL3 anyway!
Bound for disappointment.
This show is getting worse all the time. I pray that they don't change the show anymore.

Nope. He said it "Nevermind it's not ready".

Oh really? My bad, he tweeted this yesterday and Geoff replied saying they might have a slot available as footage wouldn't be ready (which was The Order)

@geoffkeighley @TimOfLegend Geoff email me I have a last minute trailer if you have a slot

https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/408389693273690112

I'm pretty sure that whole conversation was a joke...

Ignore me in that case :(

I bet this game is super early. Anyway, Sony needs to get their act together...What have they got to show? Indies are nice and all, but I want to see some big guns. Their devs are probably behind from concentrating on ps3...

suedester

Banned
So have they cancelled the game then? Because I mean, if the entire studio isn't prioritizing a 90second clip for a pointless award ceremony then why do they even bother? Amateurs.

Alienous

So then what did the press see when they previewed the gameplay demo?

It might have just been characters walking around, showing of the environments, and how they aren't static.

But if you're showing footage at VGX you'll want to bring something ... good. Like a firefight. Or a tower falling over. Something more than "This is how cool out game looks".

So then what did the press see when they previewed the gameplay demo?

Something that if shown to the public would result in some serious bad PR. From what I remember, what was shown was half and half actual textures and white boxes. Showing that in a public setting would confuse and result in a lot of bad PR.

megalowho

Or preparing for another reveal 6 months after the last one was a waste of the teams time?

People want this stuff ASAP, they want the hype machine fed, then (rightfully) get upset when it's on time but a broken mess. In this current climate, any studio that errs on the side of doing it right at the expense of an established timeline has their priorities straight in my book.

KoopaTheCasual

RaD must be seriously behind schedule if they can't provide an updated trailer. It's been 6 months since the E3 footage, which is plenty of time to do a new trailer.

It's probably best for Sony to push this title to 2015.

Or they're trying to stay on schedule and not divert resources for a demo build?

Begaria

Dammit! I was hoping this would've been at the VGX. Screenshots of gameplay isn't enough for me. I need to see some footage.

Racer1977

Sony needs to show a hell of a lot of stuff in the coming months, Yoshida and co. state how many games are in development (and I believe them), but they need to start showing more stuff.

Already the Order 1886 has a whiff of, at worst, The Last Guardian, something we may never see, or best case scenario, a Gran Turismo, a game that's in development for years, and can't possibly meet expectations.

All very dissappointing from Ready at Dawn.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Shameful.
This pretty much means they won't make it to the rumoured deadline of fall, if they can't even get a good trailer to go.

It might have just been characters walking around, showing of the environments, and how they aren't static.

But if you're showing footage at VGX you'll want to bring something ... good. Like a firefight. Or a tower falling over. Something more than "This is how cool out game looks".

I thought the previews talked about a gunfight? Maybe I made that up.

Top Bottom