• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Feorax

Having three useless strikers might be classed as something that pushes the club in that direction, no?

They've had that problem since Drogba left though, it's hardly news to them.

RvP injured and Rooney refusing to sit down to discuss a new deal are bad omens for United. Welberg and Chicha are way off the standard United need.

Linius

pESMX9K.png

Fourth time in a row. Let's claim that fourth league title too now.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The Dutchman, 30, was injured while taking the corner that led to Phil Jones' winner against Champions League opponents Shakhtar Donetsk on Tuesday.

Injured taking a corner.

Fellaini is going to play up front now.

Yo Man City fans/followers

All of the big/rich clubs poach young talent for the future but I haven't heard of any young players on your team. Do they have someone like Januzaj or Draxler?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Yo Man City fans/followers

All of the big/rich clubs poach young talent for the future but I haven't heard of any young players on your team. Do they have someone like Januzaj or Draxler?

tom-cruise-crazy-laugh-7026-593634_zps76a41e80.gif

Linius

I wanna laugh at Shatners gif but I can't for the life of me remember what that scene was about so I lack some context I guess :lol

It's Jurassic Park right?

L1NETT

RVP deserves to be injured for that stupid facial hair.

---

Robbie Savage doesn't half talk some shite. His three brain cells must be working overtime to predict Everton 4th.

Mastadon

Banned

---

Robbie Savage doesn't half talk some shite. His three brain cells must be working overtime to predict Everton 4th.

Robbie Savage on Manchester United: Why David Moyes must rip up this team and sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic

A few points from the last thread

@sohois, I'd reluctantly have to say yes to swapping Agger for Mascherano. We're stacked at CB, desperate for CM/DMs, Agger hasn't defended well enough for a while, and Mascherano has proven to be an adept CB so he could be extra cover there. He also played well at RB the couple of times he played there for us, while I've never been particularly impressed by Agger playing anywhere but CB. I'd be very sad to see him go, but the greater good and all that

@news of Henderson's fitness, fantastic if he is actually available. His energy will be vital if we're to get a result on Sunday

@Usho, stop acting like the only way Liverpool can win on Sunday is through a Lloris error. I expect we'll lose, but a win wouldn't exactly be a massive surprise

@other Liverpool fans, stop acting like we're favourites. Our away form is average as it gets, and Spurs are still a decent outfit who seem to have a jinx on us at WHL, even if they haven't clicked yet. Plus we're missing Gerrard, and our defense is hardly solid.

@people who ask for bans, is it so hard to tell us first so we don't spend hours perusing your post histories for bannable offenses and bemoaning a witch-hunt and the death of the thread? :p

@Yurt, do you know if there'll be any non-random online play in DS2? It would be cool to play it with someone I know but that probably won't be happening if you still need to be in the same SL range and the same zone. Would be nice to have the option to summon or battle Friends, even if it would be a post-game option, or prevent you from advancing in the game while you do it due to the potentially gamebreaking fact that you could just summon someone much better than you and have them essentially go through the game for you. Not that the online will work anyway :p

I'm on PC as well btw (for now)

@WJD, I can give you a hand on FIFA if it isn't done by Christmas, could do with ruining someone else's game while I learn the ropes :p

---

Robbie Savage changes his opinion about 20 times over the course of a season. It's what happens when you base any of your expert punditry on the last 2 games.

tri_willy

A few points from the last thread

@sohois, I'd reluctantly have to say yes to swapping Agger for Mascherano. We're stacked at CB, desperate for CM/DMs, Agger hasn't defended well enough for a while, and Mascherano has proven to be an adept CB so he could be extra cover there. He also played well at RB the couple of times he played there for us, while I've never been particularly impressed by Agger playing anywhere but CB. I'd be very sad to see him go, but the greater good and all that

@news of Henderson's fitness, fantastic if he is actually available. His energy will be vital if we're to get a result on Sunday

@Usho, stop acting like the only way Liverpool can win on Sunday is through a Lloris error. I expect we'll lose, but a win wouldn't exactly be a massive surprise

@other Liverpool fans, stop acting like we're favourites. Our away form is average as it gets, and Spurs are still a decent outfit who seem to have a jinx on us at WHL, even if they haven't clicked yet. Plus we're missing Gerrard, and our defense is hardly solid.

@people who ask for bans, is it so hard to tell us first so we don't spend hours perusing your post histories for bannable offenses and bemoaning a witch-hunt and the death of the thread? :p

@Yurt, do you know if there'll be any non-random online play in DS2? It would be cool to play it with someone I know but that probably won't be happening if you still need to be in the same SL range and the same zone. Would be nice to have the option to summon or battle Friends, even if it would be a post-game option, or prevent you from advancing in the game while you do it due to the potentially gamebreaking fact that you could just summon someone much better than you and have them essentially go through the game for you. Not that the online will work anyway :p

@WJD, I can give you a hand on FIFA if it isn't done by Christmas, could do with ruining someone else's game while I learn the ropes :p

to think we had alonso and mascherano as our DM's... i cry everytime...

will be happy with a draw against spurs, a win would be a huge bonus

edit: Linius, please add FCMaxi to the liverpool list!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

I have absolutely no idea.
3AQmK.gif
I've avoided everything about it so far.

GHG

We don't appear to be challenging for the title at the moment and Van Persie keeps getting injured...

I feel like an Arsenal fan.

I know the feel.

And I certainly don't miss it.

In other news, looks like Sagna will be fit for the City game.

GorillaJu

Suarez is very resistant to injury... Even in the Everton game he looked in really bad shape, and then took Mirallas's cuntish, jealous boot to his knee and still played 90 minutes. He's either covered in a very thick and invisible layer of Vaseline or his muscles are made out of some impenetrable rubber/Kevlar blend.

wedward

Arsenal and Liverpool are pretty much getting the maximum out of their key players.

Santi and Jack aren't at their best. We have a player who scored 20 goals last season on the bench. We are top of the league after having key players injured for large spells.

I also don't think ozil is playing to his maximum right now.

The only players who have been exceptional are our back line and Ramsey.

LTWheels

Suarez is very resistant to injury... Even in the Everton game he looked in really bad shape, and then took Mirallas's cuntish, jealous boot to his knee and still played 90 minutes. He's either covered in a very thick and invisible layer of Vaseline or his muscles are made out of some impenetrable rubber/Kevlar blend.

I think he suffered against Hull because of that cunt.

Mastadon

Banned

Faustian pact.

Santi and Jack aren't even close to being out of first gear. We have a player who scored 20 goals last season on the bench right now. We are top of the league after having key players injured for large spells.

I also don't think ozil is playing to his maximum right now.

Pretty much. Sceczhny, Koscielny and Mertesacker are the key players who have played to their maximum this season. Ramsey has made himself a key player. There's more to come from everyone except for those 4 and Flamini imo. Even Giroud has another gear to kick up to I think.

Getting great results and playing well without everyone playing to their best, with a world class player still bedding in, and a few returning from injury is a very healthy place to be.

L1NETT

I am confident Suarez has Wolverine like healing abilities. Tough little cookie.

Why do people not like Nolan? He's so good :/

I am confident Suarez has Wolverine like healing abilities. Tough little cookie.

Why do people not like Nolan? He's so good :/

Chris or Kevin?

If the former, because they're twats incapable of letting themselves get lost in a piece of entertainment, instead choosing to look for every minor flaw in a film to the detriment of their own enjoyment

If the latter, because he's shit and doesn't do anything except for pop up with the odd foul or scrappy goal.

Top Bottom