• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

why the fuck are there so many people with their real picture on GAF now?

i'm eating while i'm browsing the forum, for fucks sake.

Where's it been said that they'll have a 10 point deduction?

rumour for now:

Anyone hear anything about this West Ham 10 point reduction?

Heard something about WH covering up Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan taking coke...

10 points isn't enough for covering up a failed drugs test imo

edit: Maybe it is for non-PEDs on second thought

Clegg

Finished watching the United game. Watched the first 20 and the last 20. For the first 20 we moved the ball about at a good tempo and tried to make chances; an improvement over our last couple of games. I genuinely don't know what happened after that. We dropped off for no reason and let Spurs unto the game more. Their goal was from Evra not bothering to stay close enough to his man. Pat needs to go now. Just isn't up to the standard required anymore.

Last 20 we created more chances, but only because we had two bloody forwards in midfield. That's a massive problem. Our central midfielders create nothing and it's so easy to defend against. Clev tries hard but he hasn't the technique or the ability to impose himself on the game. Desperately need new midfielders.

Welbz and Adnan were the only real positives. The goal we scored came from a wonderful Januzaj through ball and an excellent Welbz finish. Showed a lot of confidence with that. They're both in good form at the moment and long may it continue. Adnan is going to be a very special player when he matures. He has everything, first touch, vision, an eye for goal, it's all there. Hese only 18 ffs.

Chicha looked awful to me. First touch bounced away from him and his lack of awareness of the players around pissed me off. Wasted a good goal scoring chance by passing wide instead of looking at Welbz (I think) who had made a good run through the middle.

Facism

The stray cat we took in a few years back went out last night and hasn't come back. Fearing taxis or stupid drunks may have harmed and killed the poor fella :(

K1LLER7

Jones is awsome. Without him we suck.

Truly the GOAT to play football.....and we took him from Blackburn Rovers.
Sorry Jeff.

Fry

iWcHpNeL1mh1A.gif

That last defender that he leaves on the floor. loooooool

L1NETT

Real pic Jan Lambda. I'm too scared, one malicious comment could sent me into tears for months.

---

How pathetic is Moyes moaning at the ref. Rogers losing his shit I can sort of understand (although not fully) but Haggis shitting goblin faced scrotum lookalike has no grounds for it.

Accept some responsibility you spineless amoeba.

Stop trying to be Fergie.

--

Agree re: Welbeck. Lad deserves some credit, he has been darn good the last few games. *insert always liked him cliche.

Leg-End

Finished watching the United game. Watched the first 20 and the last 20. For the first 20 we moved the ball about at a good tempo and tried to make chances; an improvement over our last couple of games. I genuinely don't know what happened after that. We dropped off for no reason and let Spurs unto the game more. Their goal was from Evra not bothering to stay close enough to his man. Pat needs to go now. Just isn't up to the standard required anymore.

Last 20 we created more chances, but only because we had two bloody forwards in midfield. That's a massive problem. Our central midfielders create nothing and it's so easy to defend against. Clev tries hard but he hasn't the technique or the ability to impose himself on the game. Desperately need new midfielders.

Welbz and Adnan were the only real positives. The goal we scored came from a wonderful Januzaj through ball and an excellent Welbz finish. Showed a lot of confidence with that. They're both in good form at the moment and long may it continue. Adnan is going to be a very special player when he matures. He has everything, first touch, vision, an eye for goal, it's all there. Hese only 18 ffs.

Chicha looked awful to me. First touch bounced away from him and his lack of awareness of the players around pissed me off. Wasted a good goal scoring chance by passing wide instead of looking at Welbz (I think) who had made a good run through the middle.

Yeah Evra's form is truly worrying now, he had a nice period a while back but he is back to his old tricks again. He looks beatable by almost any footballer with two functioning legs and his positioning at times is truly bizzare to watch.

He isn't offering nearly enough going forward to outweigh his poor defense anymore, he needs a rest and some actual competition in the team because poor old Buttner isn't anywhere near the required standard and Fabio seemingly won't be given a look.

Our first choice striker is 30 years old. Our second choice striker wants to leave. We have pretty shitty wingers/midfield players and our defense is either too old or inexperienced.

We do deserve being in the mid table, and even if we manage to get our midfield up to par, we might encounter problems when it comes to strikers next year.

OelVq.gif

kharma45

Our first choice striker is 30 years old. Our second choice striker wants to leave. We have pretty shitty wingers/midfield players and our defense is either too old or inexperienced.

We do deserve being in the mid table, and even if we manage to get our midfield up to far, we might encounter problems when it comes to strikers next year.

OelVq.gif

Henriquez will be back from loan next year, it's all good.

arkon

Didn't see a lot of him but there were a few flashes where it looked like he was in on goal. One moment where there was some nice link-up play between him and Welbeck and it looked like Welbeck had over-hit the return ball which Hernandez couldn't control it in time. There was the little flick after that good run from Januzaj which Lloris saved at point-blank almost. Not much else though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Welbeck and Chicharito up front is bad even on paper.

You can't expect link-up play between two strikers with shitty first touches lol

Edit: Welcome Leg-End

Bro was saying the same thing.

Will check it out. It's Brad Pitt. It must be good :p

It is.

Hunger Games has really fantastic directing, audio and art design though. Probably one of the most critically underrated (when it comes to those bits I pointed out) films for the past few years.

Clegg

I think some United fans are going to go spare by the time the transfer window ends. They're hyping themselves up for a massive spending spree when everyone else knows that's highly unlikely. Time constraints, reluctance of clubs to sell prized assets etc.

If we're lucky we'll have one player in by the time the transfer period expires.

MPW

oh yeah, in my exile I went crazy and bought a WiiU

kmSXvau.gif

im absolutely loving it <3

add me pls: 7pulga

i'm holding off until next holidays

fuck nintendo just show me a trailer/gameplay of new hd zelda (not a hd version of old zelda game or dynasty warrior style zelda made by 3rd party)

as for mata coming back to madrid, i can't see it happening

don't see madrid spending $$$ during jan transfer window

K1LLER7

The reliance on crosses is part of a wider problem at United in their quest to impose themselves in the final third. Moyes was clearly fond of this tactic during his reign at Everton - which no doubt influence his interest in Baines - but his methods have not yet yielded the sort of success or free-flowing football his new position demands. United have attempted more crosses from open play than any other team in the top flight this season (correct as of half-time against Tottenham) but rank 17th in crossing accuracy. It is clearly a strategy that requires revision.
THIS! THIS! THIS!

Scum

Here you go, Moyes. You can thank me later.

4-3-1-2
---------------- RvP ------- Rooney ------------
--------------------- Kagawa --------------------
----- New CM --- Carrick --- Fellaini -----
Fabio ------ Jones ----- Evans ------ Rafael

4-2-3-1
------------------- RvP/Rooney -----------------
Adnan ------------ Kagawa ------------- Zaha
--------------- Carrick --- Fellaini --------------
Fabio ------ Jones ----- Evans ------ Rafael

Welberg for RvP. A new CM. Sell Young.

kharma45

I think some United fans are going to go spare by the time the transfer window ends. They're hyping themselves up for a massive spending spree when everyone else knows that's highly unlikely.

If we're lucky we'll have one player in by the time the transfer period expires.

It's OK Clegg, we're prepared for you.

Leg-End

Welbeck's touch is actually pretty decent, his complete inability to finish off chances has been his biggest issue but he looks to be constantly improving in that area.

Hernandez is just rusty, he isn't getting enough minutes which is odd given RVP is out and Rooney has a niggle, but then again when he is on the pitch he really isn't doing enough to force his way into the lineup.

But yeah, thanks for the welcome. Wish my first posts in here weren't arguing about Fellaini but ah well :D

I think some United fans are going to go spare by the time the transfer window ends. They're hyping themselves up for a massive spending spree when everyone else knows that's highly unlikely. Time constraints, reluctance of clubs to sell prized assets etc.

I'm not hoping much, although I'd rather we get someone to replace Evra now than a midfielder.

Leg-End

I'm sure the level headed United fans will be happy with just some forward thinking progression more than anything, shifting out some deadwood for a start.

If you said we were signing just one player this window and he was a central midfielder I would snap your hand off.

Clegg

It's OK Clegg, we're prepared for you.
I'm not so worked up about transfers anymore. Our poor start has done wonders for me in that regard. Massive overhaul of the team is now required. That'll take time to come about. No need to fret over one window in January even if we probably need quality to come in right now.

We do deserve being in the mid table, and even if we manage to get our midfield up to par, we might encounter problems when it comes to strikers next year.

OelVq.gif

This season is the biggest testimonial to the pillar of football managerial greatness that is S.A.F. He's taken some really average teams all the way to PL titles, what a genius, god-tier manager.

MPW

1388612058_extras_portada_0.jpg

madrid vs psg friendly tmmrw ... well i hope madrid got paid $$$ for taking a friendly in the middle of the season lol

I'm sure the level headed United fans will be happy with just some forward thinking progression more than anything, shifting out some deadwood for a start.

If you said we were signing just one player this window and he was a central midfielder I would snap your hand off.

I like you.

arkon

Welbeck and Chicharito up front is bad even on paper.

You can't expect link-up play between two strikers with shitty first touches lol

Edit: Welcome Leg-End

Welbeck has his brainfarts but I would say his first touch is generally decent even great sometimes. It's the touches after that which are the problem.

Chicharito's is worse but still not terrible. Some of the goals he's scored can attest to that.

Salvadora

Serious question: do you think Mourinho would be 11 points adrift if he was the United manager?

He seems to have cooled off and has expressed a desire to stay long-term at Chelsea. Even as a short-term post-Ferguson fix, it would've done alright.

Messi

Serious question: do you think Mourinho would be 11 points adrift if he was the United manager?

He seems to have cooled off and has expressed a desire to stay long-term at Chelsea. Even as a short-term post-Ferguson fix, it would've done alright.

He would be doing well. The problem is he would leave in a year or two. United are long for a long term replacement. Moyes will come good.

arkon

I don't think he would be. He'd have done more business in the summer I reckon. Been a more attractive proposition to play under for their targets.

Top Bottom